Street Footage gets no Sponsors

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 09:19 PM

larriken is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Street Footage gets no Sponsors

Originally Posted by Spark~R.O.C.
Yo CBO....is there a such thing as COPS in Iowa? From the looks of it there are'nt!!
Exactly what I was thinking!!!!! I'd get done at home just for going out with no headlights in, let alone popping one throught the centre of town!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:33 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM

yeah manny has a hard time explaining things but he means well...........

He just really has high expectations and is really professional. I'm begining to wonder if he is a european

I guess that's why he never has a helmet or jacket on! "He's trying to be professional!"
Old 05-26-2004, 09:38 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kyle_PBZ
I guess that's why he never has a helmet or jacket on! "He's trying to be professional!"
i guess shoei's outta the question huh
Old 05-26-2004, 09:40 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by E-DUB OM
i guess shoei's outta the question huh

Looks like it!

btw, tell Jessica(RoadRashChick) I said hi She did a great job on your website too! Looks awesome
Old 05-26-2004, 09:45 PM
AGGRESSION!

Originally Posted by Kyle_PBZ
Looks like it!

btw, tell Jessica(RoadRashChick) I said hi She did a great job on your website too! Looks awesome
word thanks my man

ill let her know
Old 05-26-2004, 10:37 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

StuntRagz Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Street This Street That.....bottom Line No Matter How Many Nights A Week I Go Practice.....when I Am Driving My Car On The Highway And Someone Drops A Gear I Have To Watch The Whole Damn Time...and I Am Not The Only Person Like This, Everyone I Ride With Is The Same Way. Even If It Is A Squid Doing A Wheelie We Watch.

Big Sponsors...they Will Come In Time. When They Do They Will Take You For What You Are Or Ask You To Make Some Changes, Just Like They Do In The Record Industry...
Old 05-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point

well i for one think i ur both right(in ur own way)....

manny i see where ur coming from u want to be professional and try to attract big name sponsors(just not ppl that give u free **** or a little bit of dough but enough to live off of.)...and thats alright.....

cbo u just wanna ride the streets and not worry about mainstream sponsors...u do it purley for fun....

now both of u gotta realize ur in this for 2 TOTTALY different reasons...

manny thats good that u want to do that but dont try and tell ppl that have no intrest in doing that what to do.....

cbo u just dont give a *** and thats great but ur also sorta sayin that the streets are where its at and nothing else matters.....

u both need to realize that neither of u r gonna sway the other to the side u like best....just deal with it and ride and dont worry about what anyone else is doin.....and if it **** up either one of ur plans then deal with it cause everyone doesnt like the same ****.....
Old 05-26-2004, 10:41 PM

big wolfe is an unknown quantity at this point

**** I LOVE THE STREETS BUT THATS WHY I LOST MY LICENS FOR 5 YEARS WTF
Old 05-26-2004, 10:56 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Mr. Negative
For real there are'nt any big name sponsors jumping on this **** anytime soon that I can see. And I'm so sick of seeing these posts about" take it off the street if you want this sport to go somewhere" What f*cking sport? This aint no sport, its a damn hobby and one that I enjoy. And like any other "sport" it just don't go legit overnight like all you winers seem to think its going too. Maybe you stop trying to make a business out of it and have fun, strret ,parking lot, who cares its still stunt riding.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:00 AM

J.C. is an unknown quantity at this point

Look at

Darius
Jason b
Streetfighters
Starboys
Cbo
Us
And more

We kill the streets, track, and parking lots have parts in videos, get free ****, and get paid

All parking lot and track videos are good for 20min other wise they get old quick and they suck. Now im not saying the talent but the same **** gets repeated over and over the streets add flavor and style that most riders today don’t have I mean look at the sprockets that most people have they are ridicules they look like pizza pans. Those also take away most of the talent. Who can’t rock a big gear that **** is easy? Now if you have those gears to make up new tricks then that’s different but most stunners with those gears don’t do that it’s for safety and it’s easier to learn. Most of those types of riders don’t ride the streets they hide in parking lotsor tracks. I think that most parking lot and track riders are mad that we get so much more attention than they do by us posting up a pic of a spreader in traffic than something like a circle wheelie. Most of them think that what we do on the streets is easy but most of us are hardly geared around 10up not 20+ and rocking **** at balance point down roads. It’s not a bunch of power wheelies. Now I ride all that stuff so im not haten on anyone and ya circles are hard but I think that fighting a crown on a bumpy road with traffic and small gears on the tank or on the seat for miles is harder. And that is what a big % of people want to see. Motorcycle shops and other big companies know that that’s breaking the law but that’s what sells and if they can get there name on a video cover and sticker on bikes that’s going to sell then they did there job and so did we.

Old 05-27-2004, 12:10 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by J.C.
Look at

Darius
Jason b
Streetfighters
Starboys
Cbo
Us
And more

We kill the streets, track, and parking lots have parts in videos, get free ****, and get paid

All parking lot and track videos are good for 20min other wise they get old quick and they suck. Now im not saying the talent but the same **** gets repeated over and over the streets add flavor and style that most riders today don’t have I mean look at the sprockets that most people have they are ridicules they look like pizza pans. Those also take away most of the talent. Who can’t rock a big gear that **** is easy? Now if you have those gears to make up new tricks then that’s different but most stunners with those gears don’t do that it’s for safety and it’s easier to learn. Most of those types of riders don’t ride the streets they hide in parking lotsor tracks. I think that most parking lot and track riders are mad that we get so much more attention than they do by us posting up a pic of a spreader in traffic than something like a circle wheelie. Most of them think that what we do on the streets is easy but most of us are hardly geared around 10up not 20+ and rocking **** at balance point down roads. It’s not a bunch of power wheelies. Now I ride all that stuff so im not haten on anyone and ya circles are hard but I think that fighting a crown on a bumpy road with traffic and small gears on the tank or on the seat for miles is harder. And that is what a big % of people want to see. Motorcycle shops and other big companies know that that’s breaking the law but that’s what sells and if they can get there name on a video cover and sticker on bikes that’s going to sell then they did there job and so did we.

wow! well said
Old 05-27-2004, 12:13 AM

J.C. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beto
wow! well said
thank you i will be here for a few more min and then a few more later tonight
Old 05-27-2004, 12:16 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by J.C.
thank you i will be here for a few more min and then a few more later tonight
lol nice
Old 05-27-2004, 12:20 AM

gixxer_mark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spark~R.O.C.
Yo CBO....is there a such thing as COPS in Iowa? From the looks of it there are'nt!!
yeh we got cops in iowa... some are cool and the ones that aren't can't drive any better than ROSCOE P. COALTRAIN... tha's except for the highway patrol who will chase u till their damn wheels fall off the fukin' cars...
Old 05-27-2004, 01:04 AM

PUCK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pwrmiester
u both need to realize that neither of u r gonna sway the other to the side u like best....just deal with it and ride and dont worry about what anyone else is doin.....and if it **** up either one of ur plans then deal with it cause everyone doesnt like the same ****.....
this was the most intelligent thing i've ever seen posted on this site....
Old 05-27-2004, 01:15 AM
AGGRESSION!

i dont know about you guys but I rock street **** in a parking lot............

so when it comes to the street it isnt any different to me bumps, dips and whatever else you can throw at me

now since we're on the subject of streets lets step it up a notch........

Now a high *** spreader down the street or highway is easy anybody can do that. Lets see mad crazy combos into coasters down the highway. Now thats where you get technical. Thats where skill and style come into play. One trick **** is easy. But when you ride the street and are doing **** that not many people can do and making it look easy then thats skill. Not hatin on the street footage at all cause thats where I started. I agree street footage sells and I love watching that **** if its good. I see high *** slow **** all day whether its in a parking lot or on the street makes no difference to me. If its a new trick that nobody's done and its on the street, thats a different story. Thats taking street riding to another level. Advancing the sport is what its all about.

Last edited by E-DUB OM; 05-27-2004 at 01:23 AM.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:30 AM

TrafficCriminal can only hope to improve

for all you making any kind of money off stunting.... stunt dvd's are usually purchased by people who stunt or want to stunt.... stunters all want to see street footage and confrontations with the cops.... becuase if u ride like i stunter should you will experience the same things. i like watching 300ft endos past cars up to a light....not on a landing strip were you lose your depth perception a can even appreciate the trick.
Yo, cbo ur not give a f*ck attitude is why i bought the way of life.
hit me up if your ever in south Florida will go f*ck **** up.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:32 AM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point

how i interpreted mannys post was like this: he isn't hating on streets, didn't come across like that to me at all, what i think he meant was that the corporate suits sitting at a penthouse desk at honda are looking for ways to make money, just as some stunters are. they want something they can put they're name on and support. if big sponsors are to open the door to the stunt game they probably want to see it turn out something like the x games, not riding on the streets. street riding is something almost all of us do, no one's trying to hide that, but to give 100% effort trying to make it in this game you want to seem as professional as can be. not all of us are trying to make it or be as professional as possible. i ride streets, and i don't care who knows,im not hiding anything but if i were trying to seriously sell myself i wouldn't show the footage.thats my take on it and thats only if your trying to make a living off it. most teams show street footage and i think it's pimp, i'd like to see more of it and if i had some i'd show it off. only people i see hating the streets are big companys, i don't see any riders hating the streets. thats my opinion
Old 05-27-2004, 07:13 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

let me tell all of you guys a thing or two about big sponsors:

-there won't be huge money or huge sponsors until there is TV

-there won't be TV until the sport is organized

-the sport won't be organized because there are too many individuals who talk isht about this and that, but never do anything about it. what am i talking about? without a sanctioning body, we are just a bunch of yahoos riding wheelies at various racetracks. if big names keep hearing the same sanctioning body over and over, they will begin to pay more attention because they will see that we are organized (and believe me, there are MANY people watching what we do and how we do it). going hand in hand with organization is a solid judging system...how can you have x games without a set of rules?

so thats that...say what you want, it is the truth.

as for the streets, that really has nothing to do with sponsors as i've come to find out...the only sponsors anyone is getting are bike related things for the most part, and they could care less about whether we ride the streets or not. i'll tell you what my primary sponsors care about: doing well in shows and comps so that i can get pics in the mags, mention my sponsors in the mags and on the podiums. they also want me to be out there and for me and my bike (or their bike lol) to be seen and heard. they don't care how i do it, as long as people have my sponsors' names on their lips.

so rock the streets...the ONE and ONLY reason i am not as prevalent (and if you doubt me, i suggest a visit to new england) on the streets as i once was is because NH sucks for wheelies and i need my license. not because i wont get sponsored...i won't get sponsored by a huge name company until we have legit competitions...sponsors come from competition, and until we have a set standard, there will be none.

also, my video will sell more if i have street footage, and good street footage, so that actually would make my sponsors happier because more people would buy my vid with their name on it...

my opinion has changed on this quite a bit...i tried hard to get everyone on the XSBA bandwagon, very few made it out to the comps...imho that was one of the best chances we had of legitimizing our 'sport'....NSRA is now the next best chance, and i don't know what the deal with that is..

so until there is organization, i will keep trying to attend comps to get my name and my sponsors' name out there....riding the streets will have very little negative impact on your sponsor list.

i love the streets, i enjoy parking lots, but i crave competition and pressure. any of you who want sponsors need to make it out to the comps and do well...to do well you need to be able to do EVERYTHING there is out there, do it with EASE, make it look GOOD, and do it EVERYTIME...if you can't do this, you won't win and you won't get mag coverage or podium soapbox time..

thank you and enjoy.

teach
Old 05-27-2004, 07:17 AM
HoOk

J-Hook is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
also, my video will sell more if i have street footage, and good street footage, so that actually would make my sponsors happier because more people would buy my vid with their name on it...

thank you and enjoy.

teach
when you comin out with a video???

Quick Reply: Street Footage gets no Sponsors