Circles..

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 11:05 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point
Circles..

Started attempting circles today. This is how I tried them, tell me what you think...

Left foot in bar, right hand off throttle, and body hanging off to the right, turning right. I was hitting 180+ degree turns pretty tight but lost to much speed and was bogging out causing the nose to drop. Any pointers??

btw- I know I wont get 'em in a day either!!
Old 05-19-2004, 04:19 AM
1 footer wheelies!

Sillyneck is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Circles..

maintain your speed to eliminate the bog. or work the clutch. if the bike is leaned in the clutch will lean it in further....and if you use the brake more you'll stand the bike up out of the lean.
leaning off the bike won't net u tight circles though. the more you lean the bike and the higher your body is over it the tighter you'll go.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:32 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

need to use throttle and like broken neck says, stay ON TOP of the bike, not off the side...
Old 05-19-2004, 10:51 AM
RickNasty.com

Rick929 PBR is an unknown quantity at this point

if you're leaning and the bikes not, they're not circles!!!!!!!

when you're comforatable in your lean, keep upright....put a little weight on your right peg, depening on air pressure and tire tread u may have to kick it a little bit and u basically take the bike by the clip ons and 'dip' it in keeping upright and dont forget to look in

u got your work cut out for ya

and remember do you want circles or do you want 5 other tricks!!
Old 05-19-2004, 11:12 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rick929 PBR

and remember do you want circles or do you want 5 other tricks!!
thats my thing. My circles are garbage, I can do a few of em but they are wide, garbage - did i mention garbage?

I dont wanna spend all year doing them - rather kill some other stuff.

Variety is the spice of life!
Old 05-19-2004, 11:14 AM

econley21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stay on the back brake the whole time so when you come around 180 you can blip the throttle to keep the front end up but it won't be to abrupt. It'll help keep you from coming out of rotation. I run like 20 psi and keep your chain tight.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:50 AM

daCrunk1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate them b!tches one day you gotta 'em next day nothing but I gotta have 'em
Old 05-19-2004, 01:19 PM

Brian_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Once you start trying you won't be able to stop, they are very frustrating. my ohter tricks are garbage now cause circles is all I have praticed for months. plus I am running more pressure in my tire for circling which makes my no handers harder to control. You just got to decide what you want to kill.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:21 PM
Gas'er!!

Originally Posted by Brian_MPZ
Once you start trying you won't be able to stop, they are very frustrating. my ohter tricks are garbage now cause circles is all I have praticed for months. plus I am running more pressure in my tire for circling which makes my no handers harder to control. You just got to decide what you want to kill.

KILL EVERYTHING!!!
Old 05-19-2004, 02:06 PM

Spark~R.O.C. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
KILL EVERYTHING!!!
Cant kill everything if you're not killin circles. If you can master circles....you can master any trick.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:12 PM

Cool Re: Circles..

Originally Posted by Spark~R.O.C.
Cant kill everything if you're not killin circles. If you can master circles....you can master any trick.
Thats what I'm saying.. yesterday I felt like I could throw my bike around alot easier cause I wasnt afraid of letting it go side to side. I'm off right now actually to go hit 'em up again.. taking the advice not to hang off and to just let the bike lean with me!
Old 05-19-2004, 02:43 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

i agree with the kill everything idea myself...
kane
Old 05-19-2004, 02:52 PM
Gas'er!!

Originally Posted by Spark~R.O.C.

consider it done...

but what about throttle control WITHOUT the rear brake (which soooo many riders today rely on)...and better yet, what about chinese wheelies....or acrobatics???

none of the above make a difference for circles...too many cats trying to think their pimp by rocking circles, but they can't do a wheelie that many OG's were doing 5 years ago....same thing happened when the 12 oclock first came around...everyone can go slow, but few can do more, and even fewer can do things different than wheelies...

OWN EVERYTHING!! lol

Peach
Old 05-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

word.. but learning Os helped me with other stuff as well.. I couldn't do hardly any combos until the other day. I practiced Os for a couple months straight and just started busting out combos out of nowhere last sunday. Maybe it was because since the drive to get circles down made me ride my bike so much lately that I am more comfortable than ever on it.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:20 PM

Brian_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point

To kill everything is everyone in here's goal, but there is only so much time in the day, ya know. I just saying that mastering circles is a big undertaking and to expect to spend alot of time doing it. It is also true about relying on the idle for all your slow **** will kill your throttle control. Right now I am working on getting all my old school **** back on lock.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:20 PM
1 footer wheelies!

Originally Posted by Brian_MPZ
To kill everything is everyone in here's goal, but there is only so much time in the day, ya know. I just saying that mastering circles is a big undertaking and to expect to spend alot of time doing it. It is also true about relying on the idle for all your slow **** will kill your throttle control. Right now I am working on getting all my old school **** back on lock.

What do you consider mastering circles? just curious I think I have them mastered (lost 6 months of my life to them LOL)

after I felt I had that **** figured out I started engine brake stuff which came in like 2 days all kindsa combos now! circles proove your dedication!
Old 05-20-2004, 12:24 AM

Spark~R.O.C. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sillyneck
What do you consider mastering circles? just curious I think I have them mastered (lost 6 months of my life to them LOL)

after I felt I had that **** figured out I started engine brake stuff which came in like 2 days all kindsa combos now! circles proove your dedication!
Exactly.....the skill and dedication it takes to learn circles and get them consistantly rubs off on other tricks.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:50 AM

No doubt I can already tell these circles are gonna be the end of me. I left my spot today so pissed I didnt even wanna see my f-ing bike anymore, yet tomorrow I know its the first thing im gonna think about. To me, everything has come easy.. try it once.. twice, 3rd time I got it. Its like once I had wheelies, i HAD wheelies.. X-up, spreaders, can can, nac nac, combos etc. But then 12 came along and fuked me up for about 2/3 weeks.. then i got that, and started slow stuff which came quickly, no handers, sitdown/standup, combos, coasters, etc. So I think the next "leap" is gonna be circles. I dont think it will be as "easy" or "natural" as other stuff is.. just like 12 wasnt "easy/natural". Honestly though, I see that I need to progress in other areas.. my endos are ****, and dont even get me started on acrobatics.

Oh well.. I got nothing but time.

Old 05-20-2004, 02:09 AM

RichieDubs is an unknown quantity at this point

i couldnt even come around half way tonight. i drop it in but then i get nervous and it falls.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:18 AM
1 footer wheelies!

Originally Posted by CBO
and can rock 300 foot stoppies+

If you got that already your the man cause the other stuff comes natural.

Yea that whole long endo thing is on the to do list. I just don't like the idea of my head becoming one w/ the ground like I did on the 50. I still twitch from time to time from that impact

I want the seat stander no hand brake circles now. damn brando kid turned a new page on the game w/ that ****!!!! and what the hell is it w/ the no hander seat stander wheelies? anyone else rolling that **** for a while?