wheelie gone bad

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 10:33 PM

simonr is an unknown quantity at this point
wheelie gone bad

ok u guys prolly dont know me cuz i rarely post on this forum, but i crashed yesterday and since i was doin wheelies while it happened i thought id post this so other newbies can learn from my mistake... i got my bike less than a month ago, but i can do sum decently long and high bounce up and clutch wheelies and i can high chair... was in the process of learning christ. anyways, we were up at a mountain parking lot where ppl usually go skiiing but its empty this time of year, and the drive up is just too krazy if u got a bike... anyways the parking lot is huge and empty, so i start poppin sum wheeelies wit my friends watchin by their bikes... did sum good ones, so im comin back to em and decide to do another lil one... landed it fine wit wheel str8 and everythign but i pressed the front brake a lil too much and the asphalt wasnt the greatest (not gravel, but a lotta fine grit which u cant see till u rub ur fingers on it).. anyways front wheel locked up and down i went. all i remember is me landing the wheelie and then seeing the bike sliding away right before i hit the groudn on my side and broke my collar bone... long story short i ****ed up pretty nicely now i cant ride, let alone practice stunting for at least 6 weeks. i always thought that its only the back wheel that can lock up but i was wrong... moral of the story, DONT GO HARD ON UR FRONT BRAKE UNLESS U ARE FAMILIAR WIT THE ASPHALT... just imagine if i had gone there and started practicing stoppies lol.. btw my bike should be fine, it slid about 60 ft. and stopped in between 2 cars, right in the center of a parking stall lol mostly cosmetic damage but its backfiring now and doesnt sound the same... anyways a good chunk of my summers ****ed but thas life...stuntlife :P. peace
Old 05-15-2004, 10:38 PM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: wheelie gone bad

shizzle, gonna hurt ur bodybuliding carrer too..lmao
jk

wlel glad ur alright, goodluck on the heal up wit the collar bone
Old 05-16-2004, 10:42 AM
Registered Stunter

Metzger is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, have a nice recovery. I can't believe you broke your collarbone and posted on stuntlife the next day!
Old 05-16-2004, 11:01 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Old 05-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

Man, Broken collar bone... i say u got a week with out riding, my friend litterly almost had a compound fractor with his collar bone, he didn't goto hospitol or anything, matter fact he was on his way to court for some tickets, he got cut off by some bitch n washed out. and his collar bone over laps now its funny ****. next day he was pulling up wheelies but complaining bout it hurting, a week later i was like hows ur collar bone, he was like "what collar bone?" and his collar bone is mangled.. you'll be fine, lucky u didn't get any road rash, i think that **** hurts more then stupid collar bone
Old 05-16-2004, 12:01 PM
I Love To Post!

aNskY can only hope to improve

not to be a dick but you should really just spend some time on the bike before you try stunnin
Old 05-16-2004, 04:35 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GoBo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aNskY
not to be a dick but you should really just spend some time on the bike before you try stunnin
took the words out of my mouth
Old 05-16-2004, 08:08 PM

twinisin is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like my wheelie to stoppie gone bad a few months ago. That fron brake can be a bitch. Glad to see you're still cool with SL
Old 05-16-2004, 08:36 PM

thanks for the replies guys, it kinda sucks to be sittin here not being able to fix, let alone ride my bike, so at least i got sumthin to do... it still hurts like a bitch but i just sit in bed and got my laptop on my legs so i dont have to raise my arms, so its all good... i jus came from a funeral today too, and all the gloominess had me considering if i should sell my bike before i ****ed up even worse... but then i realized that ive wanted a bike for way too long to just let it go that easy. i came home today and tried sitting on the bike to see if i could still ride it somehow but until the bone begins to heal, leaning forward on the bike killlzz, i can feel it clickin n **** where its broken... id rather have the road rash cuz at least i could still suck it up and keep ridin...
ansky: i know i havent had the bike for too long, but ive been readin and readin this and other forums for like a year now (started before i even got the bike), so it feels like ive had it much longer, i know what u mean though, i only started practicin stunts when i felt pretty comfortable with the bike...ill prolly take it easy from now on, gotta learn from ur mistakes thas all that really matters i guess
Old 05-17-2004, 01:34 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aNskY
exactly that.....newbie mistake to get on teh brakes too hard, and probably not going very slow if your bike slid that far so you probably shouldn't have been trying wheelies in a parking lot. If you had been riding longer you would have been able to feel that front losing grip before you went down....i've never lost my front end like that. I would give at least a year riding and getting used to bikes before trying to push your machine in any way. and reading it doesn't make you ride better, actually experiencing it does.

sorry about your collar bone, but remember, stupid hurts.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:47 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

Oh Crap... Road rash over a collar bone, u are drunk... u have any idea how hard it is to sleep with even 10% body road rash, like on ur arms, back, palms, hip etc... u gotta bandage that **** and whats great about bandageing it, after its on they're for a couple hours or overnight you get to replace it the next day. and u know what. it becomes part of the scab and that **** is fun to remove, then u get the bandages off and say **** it i wont use em and let ur **** scab, now u can't bend functionaly cause u feal ur scabs start to tear, i wish i could of just broke my collar bone insted of getting like 10% body rash...!
Old 05-17-2004, 08:38 AM

Paluka is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah tuff break buddy, i also went down yesterday no major damage it happen after setting down a wheelie too, but no road rash or anything lil cosmetic work to my bike just lost my rear turn signal, we were ridin about eight of us and we are at the end of the pave road where we normally turn around and i hit a wheelie before we got the i was in the back when i came around the curve i saw all the guys just line off so to avoid hiting them i lock up on my rear breaks and just slide through some lil scrubs got up shake it off and busting wheelies again
Old 05-17-2004, 12:31 PM
Who needs roads!?

GPcrew is an unknown quantity at this point

man i fliped my $hit in march too, i wasent wheelien tho , me and my friend where goin out racing one nite, he got a camero, some of his friends came over from that area and i dident know them but any ways we start out and i lay back to let um cut through traffic and then i fly up inbetween cars and catch right up, where coming up to this intesection and im folling one of his friends in an integra and where comin up to an intersection and the camero gets threw and it turns yello and im not farmilliar with the area so im like drafting of the integra tring to get threw the light figuring ill get though on yello or a lil bit of red but i look down and i see his break light and im like $HIT!! so i pannic and gank the front brake without thinking, and then next thing im landing on my face and hands then rolling, i broke 2 fingers and a little road rash but other than that im good to go, but Fu(ked my bike up. so i know what u mean about that front break bro!
Old 05-17-2004, 01:01 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MasterShake
Oh Crap... Road rash over a collar bone, u are drunk... u have any idea how hard it is to sleep with even 10% body road rash, like on ur arms, back, palms, hip etc... u gotta bandage that **** and whats great about bandageing it, after its on they're for a couple hours or overnight you get to replace it the next day. and u know what. it becomes part of the scab and that **** is fun to remove, then u get the bandages off and say **** it i wont use em and let ur **** scab, now u can't bend functionaly cause u feal ur scabs start to tear, i wish i could of just broke my collar bone insted of getting like 10% body rash...!
i've broken my collar bone 3 times racing dirtbikes, and i've crashed my streetbike in a t=shirt when i first got it at 65mph...i'll take roadrash over 6 months of recovery from a broken collar bone any day.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point

hey man u didnt have to change ya avator i was just busting ur ballz..

speedy recovery, get back out there and try again...where the right gear, and give it your best, just learn at your own pace.....
Old 05-17-2004, 04:40 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah dude, collar bones are 3-4 weeks out tops, I have a nice overlap going on also. Heal up and work on those braking techniques!
Old 05-17-2004, 08:51 PM

aiight boyzz, did sum thinking... decided to keep the bike and what im gonna do is get a cage installed and jus start goin at it as soon as im healed n ****... maybe sign up for a stunt school so i can actually practice in a safer environment till i get better... i dunno what it is but i just luv the attention u get from stuntin, so ima jus focus on stunting instead of tryin to do much at once... thanks for the supportive comments, im a lot more optimistic bout bein back on my bike without wastin too much of the summer now
Old 05-18-2004, 12:36 AM
Regular StuntLifer

NYCr6Nukka is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: wheelie gone bad

definately heel up dont get discouraged **** happens this is how it is u aint gonna learn **** just by reading posts........when u practicing right gear is key like people said...good idea about keepin ur bike
Old 05-18-2004, 12:39 AM
Regular StuntLifer

NYCr6Nukka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GPcrew
man i fliped my $hit in march too, i wasent wheelien tho , me and my friend where goin out racing one nite, he got a camero, some of his friends came over from that area and i dident know them but any ways we start out and i lay back to let um cut through traffic and then i fly up inbetween cars and catch right up, where coming up to this intesection and im folling one of his friends in an integra and where comin up to an intersection and the camero gets threw and it turns yello and im not farmilliar with the area so im like drafting of the integra tring to get threw the light figuring ill get though on yello or a lil bit of red but i look down and i see his break light and im like $HIT!! so i pannic and gank the front brake without thinking, and then next thing im landing on my face and hands then rolling, i broke 2 fingers and a little road rash but other than that im good to go, but Fu(ked my bike up. so i know what u mean about that front break bro!
dats why statisticly ur gonna crash within the 1st 6 months of riding... happened to me.. with dat same front brake locked the front on damp pavement bike was sliding like on butter
Old 05-18-2004, 05:43 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

I'd take the rash, but yeah it sucks. Nothing wakes you up better than having to pull your comforter off of your rash every morning. That paper tearing noise is to die for.

Quick Reply: wheelie gone bad