**to all the 905 cage owners....question?**

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 04:20 PM

mac1 is an unknown quantity at this point
**to all the 905 cage owners....question?**

im building my own cage, i bought all the steel and the bolts, one last question before i start building, how many inchs does ur 905 cage stick out of the chasis ?on a 905 cages u dont need sliders on ,is that how they look always?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sl.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	79309  
Old 05-15-2004, 05:39 PM

XPnugget is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: **to all the 905 cage owners....question?**

I have a 905 cage on my 954, and the guys up there hooked me up big time, u should just give them a call, the guys at 905 do roll cages for rock crawlers, and some nascar stuff, so you know they know thier ****. trust me, its worth the extra few bucks. if one of thier cages breaks or anything, they will ship u a new one, no questions asked. your cage may turn out fine but thats just my
Old 05-15-2004, 05:53 PM

Stunt Jester 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by XPnugget
I have a 905 cage on my 954, and the guys up there hooked me up big time, u should just give them a call, the guys at 905 do roll cages for rock crawlers, and some nascar stuff, so you know they know thier ****. trust me, its worth the extra few bucks. if one of thier cages breaks or anything, they will ship u a new one, no questions asked. your cage may turn out fine but thats just my
yea i was thing of makin my own cage, but i think im just going to buy the 905. Because it take all the guess work out of makin it, plus if they hook it up with a new one if you break so im going to have to save up now.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:24 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

It sticks out just past the plastics but it's alot easier to just drop the cash and buy one.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Stunt Jester 1
yea i was thing of makin my own cage, but i think im just going to buy the 905. Because it take all the guess work out of makin it, plus if they hook it up with a new one if you break so im going to have to save up now.

Does Binder know you speak of such madness??? He'll ban you from the crew if you dont get a FI...lol, just kidding jeff
Old 05-16-2004, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by JPratt
Does Binder know you speak of such madness??? He'll ban you from the crew if you dont get a FI...lol, just kidding jeff
yea but FI dont make one for F2/F3 bikes. So...
Old 05-16-2004, 01:39 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

so lemme get this straight you want us to tell you the physical dimensions of our RACING 905 cages (oviously the best cages made) so that you can COPY theirs at home and make your own and save a few bucks.. not to mention probably copy out an extra few for all your friends to make some dough for yourself on top of it.
all the while the good people at racing 905 that are part of the reason that we -I- get to do all the things that we do on our bikes get shafted because you didnt want to shovel out 200 bux....

...um not trying to be an *** bro but i think if you have any respect for our sport, and out sponsors than suck it up and buy one.

kane
Old 05-16-2004, 02:49 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Yea man, for real. My cage was causing me some problems after a few wrecks, I sent it back, 2 weeks later I recieve a new one when I was just expecting a straightened old one.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:34 PM

Brian_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point

my 905 is indestructable....you will rack your shins on it for awhile untill you get use to it, it sticks out around four inches of the frame (gsxr100) not sure how far on the honda
Old 05-16-2004, 01:40 PM

Gixxrr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mac1
im building my own cage, i bought all the steel and the bolts, one last question before i start building, how many inchs does ur 905 cage stick out of the chasis ?on a 905 cages u dont need sliders on ,is that how they look always?
approx 2in from the top motor mount
Old 05-16-2004, 01:43 PM

Gixxrr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaneone
so lemme get this straight you want us to tell you the physical dimensions of our RACING 905 cages (oviously the best cages made) so that you can COPY theirs at home and make your own and save a few bucks.. not to mention probably copy out an extra few for all your friends to make some dough for yourself on top of it.
all the while the good people at racing 905 that are part of the reason that we -I- get to do all the things that we do on our bikes get shafted because you didnt want to shovel out 200 bux....

...um not trying to be an *** bro but i think if you have any respect for our sport, and out sponsors than suck it up and buy one.

kane
Plus 10 style points for that one!
Old 05-16-2004, 06:17 PM

the thing is your not going to make one as good as theres. unless you got tubing bender and a jig to weld it in. I just give the cash out for one. Im going to save up and buy one because i know i dont have the R&D as they do in there cages.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:30 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JPratt
oh now it's on....i see how it is....haha

and ya, you can make one, but it probably won't be as strong as one that's made and tested. and a general rule of thumb, make it long enough to keep the case covers from hitting, and that's it...any longer nad you start getting into leverage problems when you crash.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:50 PM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point

kane
not everyones got 250 beans to spend on a cage smoothe skills.......so if u posses the skills/equipment/knowledge to build a cage (which most ppl dont) then do it.....a couple of us built our own and they work just fine....emrock and soi both rock 905 cages and they work real well (as we saw the other day soi and big t )....but untill i can get their hookup ill be using ones that we built(thanks john).......
Old 05-17-2004, 07:42 PM

Jeryd is an unknown quantity at this point

kane

this guy sounds like a dick make your own! i along with many others support you all the way! good luck on the building project. !!!
Old 05-18-2004, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by pwrmiester
not everyones got 250 beans to spend on a cage smoothe skills.......so if u posses the skills/equipment/knowledge to build a cage (which most ppl dont) then do it.....a couple of us built our own and they work just fine....emrock and soi both rock 905 cages and they work real well (as we saw the other day soi and big t )....but untill i can get their hookup ill be using ones that we built(thanks john).......
hey more power to if you can get it to work, hopes all good well with the build.