Old 05-10-2004, 02:30 AM

BROOKLYN954RR is an unknown quantity at this point
Do Cops Like Bikes In Your Town?

Here In Brooklyn Ny I Whould Say Cops Are A Bit Touchy
Old 05-10-2004, 03:12 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Do Cops Like Bikes In Your Town?

ive been pulled over more times than I can count! Infact.. I got two tickets Saturday!! What really sucks is that the cop rides, I even gave him a flyer for my show with Patrick on the 13th of June! hahaha. Almost everytime though when I get pulled over or a cop comes to the spot they just BS and want you to leave. Other then this past time.. ive always been let off.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:14 AM

orionVTR is an unknown quantity at this point

my best friend and the person i always ride with is a cop. i also know a lot of cops since im a fireman. i have definately gotten away with murder.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:17 AM

not7fifteen is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends on which cops you're talking about. Here in Springfield, IL we have 4 different kinds. Ranked 1 for Worst, to 4 for best
1. Worst-municiple cops: can't be sitting anywhere on the southwest end of town because Jerome, and Leland Grove cops will boot you for loitering after a couple seconds or if the bike turns off. They also give you hell if your visor is up and will write a no eye protection ticket, and they will give tickets for pipes
2. Almost as bad: State cops: They don't pull you over as much but if they do, you'll surely get a ticket and they're usually ******** and butch women.
3. Not so bad: City cops: I've not gotten **** from a city cop once, and they've been pretty cool
4. BEST: County cops: County cops are by far the coolest around here, they'll even stop into a lot when we're taking a break for a sec and check the bikes out. A couple even said "nice bikes" and have been really cool. Never once told us to leave somewhere or pulled us over for BS.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:22 AM

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by not7fifteen
They also give you hell if your visor is up and will write a no eye protection ticket
What the hell? Thats f-ing crazy! I forgot to mention in my last run in the cop was telling me "I should give you a ticket for this (points to the 12 bar and cage).. this is modified its not stock and thats illegal.." Fuking cops..
Old 05-10-2004, 04:28 AM

orionVTR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by killroy44
What the hell? Thats f-ing crazy! I forgot to mention in my last run in the cop was telling me "I should give you a ticket for thisthing to (points to the 12 bar and cage).. this is modified its not stock and thats illegal.." Fuking cops..
well i dont believe you could get a summons for the bar and cage, that guy was just breaking your *****. as far as the visor thing goes, my boy was cruising out past fort monmouth here in NJ and one of the fort cops gave him a ticket for having his visor up, and gave him some story about someone he knew getting into a crash because something flew into his helmet. i dont know whether or not that is true but its a lousy thing to write a ticket for. you would have to dig deep into the mv law book to find that one.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:15 AM

JONESER is a decent person

Cops here in the Tampa Bay area are FUKIN' ********!!!!
ALL OF 'EM, state, county & city!

Last summer, I got pulled over going through a school zone at 13 MPH(speed limit is 15), but the reason I was pulled over was for having my visor up.
I told the cops that the reason it was up is because it's hot as hell outside and I wasn't going fast enough to get air, so I opened it.
She let me off with a warning, but I think it was shitty to pull me over for that ****.

2 weeks ago I was starting to paint my bike. I went to my buddies shop & took of all the plastics. I just put the headlight back on to be legal...so I thought. I was riding it home and got about 5 miles from the shop and a fukin' FHP pulls up behind me at a red light. Richard Smoker hit's the siren. I look back, like what the hell you want me to do, the light's red?
He get's out of the car and this was his exact words...."When this light turns green, you better pull over in one of those parking lots...And you BETTER not run!" I say "WHY THE *** WOULD I RUN?" He probably got his *** smoked in a chase earlier.
Anyway, he was a real dick & wrote me a ticket for not having a mirror. I told him that I've been pulled over several times and never had mirrors and the other pigs never said anything about it.

FTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2004, 11:20 AM

thewibb is an unknown quantity at this point

...They also give you hell if your visor is up and will write a no eye protection ticket...
I thought you didn't have to wear your helmet in IL? Down here they don't make you wear your helmet on the ILL side. That's kinda fugged up bro.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:20 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

Depends on which cops you're talking about. Here in Springfield, IL we have 4 different kinds. Ranked 1 for Worst, to 4 for best
1. Worst-municiple cops: can't be sitting anywhere on the southwest end of town because Jerome, and Leland Grove cops will boot you for loitering after a couple seconds or if the bike turns off. They also give you hell if your visor is up and will write a no eye protection ticket, and they will give tickets for pipes
2. Almost as bad: State cops: They don't pull you over as much but if they do, you'll surely get a ticket and they're usually ******** and butch women.
3. Not so bad: City cops: I've not gotten **** from a city cop once, and they've been pretty cool
4. BEST: County cops: County cops are by far the coolest around here, they'll even stop into a lot when we're taking a break for a sec and check the bikes out. A couple even said "nice bikes" and have been really cool. Never once told us to leave somewhere or pulled us over for BS.

Same here except we don't have municipal cops so the state boys are the worst.

Matter of fact, I did a nice 25mph standup nest to some Harleys the other day in town, didn't see anyone else anywhere, pulled into the gas station and a city cop whips in out of nowhere! He just asked what the hell I was doing, I told him "being stupid" and he said "I guess" and laughed and went on! :YEAH Herrin cops are great!

Last edited by Kyle_PBZ; 05-10-2004 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by thewibb
I thought you didn't have to wear your helmet in IL? Down here they don't make you wear your helmet on the ILL side. That's kinda fugged up bro.
We don't have a helmet law either, but you HAVE to wear eye protection.
I think all states that don't have the helmet law is like that.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:31 AM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough

In Texas you don't have to wear a helmet as long as you have your medical insurance card with you. Basically you can crack your skull open... Just don't make the cuty pay for it.

A while back a city cop saw me pull an endo and pulled me over. He asked me if I would mind teaching him how to do that cause he just couldn't get them right. We hooked up and rode the next day so now I see him on patrol and I'll wheelie beside him to f-ck with him... and the other people areound us are like "Damn! that dude's insane!" :YEAH
Old 05-10-2004, 11:33 AM

5150Pat is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't know, I run always. Its so easy to get away. I have ran at least 20 times this year already. FTP!!
Old 05-10-2004, 11:35 AM

melampus is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Do Cops Like Bikes In Your Town?

That's a hard call man. I have been let off more times then not, but have been badly harrassed by cops just the same. Highway Patrol has ticketed me, let me go, broke up a stunt spot and sat and watched at the same spot. City cops have let me go, have followed me two feet off my rear tire at 40 mph at 3am for miles just to *** with me; then when I pulled over to let the *** by he ticketed me for obstructing the road way. County Sherrifs have stopped me just to talk about bikes (alot say they just want to see if I'll run), and some have yelled in fury while handing me a ticket/s. Cops are just like people. Some you like, some you don't. Some like you, some don't.

I play the odds. I stop, throw my keys on the ground, put my hands on the tank, show respect and 9 times out of ten I get off.

Originally Posted by JONESER
I went... & took of all the plastics. Fukin' FHP pulls up behind me at a red light. You better pull over in one of those parking lots...And you BETTER not run!" I say "WHY THE *** WOULD I RUN?"
I'm not defending pigs because alot of them are just that, but bikes look stolen w/o plastic. If you just stole a bike wouldn't you run?
Old 05-10-2004, 11:37 AM

hot magma is a decent person

The town I live in 90% of the cops are alright, they almost always let me go most of them are young and some of them ride.
But the town of Highland Falls, NY has the worst cops on the planet. Highland Falls has some great mountain roads and 150mph sweepers it's like a track, just fantastic. We were like 50 deep one day up there all on the side of the road guys doing wheelies and stuff. Highland police roll up a couple of bikes run one cop chases one stays with us and proceeds to tell us "any ******* on one of these bikes tries to run me I'm going to run them over"
he said this in front of about 35 people and it is on tape. We are just waiting for the day that jackass really runs over a bike that is when the tape will be sent to the D.A. I know we could send it now and he could possibly lose his job but I would much rather see him get charged with murder.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by melampus
I'm not defending pigs because alot of them are just that, but bikes look stolen w/o plastic. If you just stole a bike wouldn't you run?
See, I was thinkin' the same thing...He see's a bike all stripped down, pull the guy over to see if it's stolen...
After he found out it was my bike and I told him my story, I'm thinkin' he could have let off with a warning, ****, I JUST took the bike apart & was heading home.

If that was the reason for him pulling me over, I wouldn't have been pissed AT ALL! If he came out & said, "Hey, I really pulled you over because the bike looks suspicious, I thought it was stolen and I used the mirror thing to pull you over." "I see it's your bike...Have a good day." That would have shown me that their actually doing their job and not just fukin' with all of us. As many bikes get stolen from this area, it would have been a little stress relever to know that thier looking for stolen bikes. But, NO! He was a complete dick!
Old 05-10-2004, 01:34 PM

not7fifteen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JONESER
We don't have a helmet law either, but you HAVE to wear eye protection.
I think all states that don't have the helmet law is like that.
Yeah thats how it is, reguardless if you're wearing a helmet or glasses if they arent on your eyes if you're on the street you're fugged around here..
Old 05-10-2004, 02:19 PM

Kyle-eastcoastX is an unknown quantity at this point

the cops here on long island hate us. they set up check points all over for the bikes.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:43 PM

20dub is an unknown quantity at this point

were i live the cops are notorious for hounding bikes ,but were i ride they sit and watch us and sometimes even clock us with the speed gun.that is only a town away.go figure.state cops are usually cool just as long as they don't see you doing nothing.but i always assume they are going to ticket me no matter what.any cop.you never know , some are cool and most are d*cks just like the rest of the world.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Look out for big trucks!!

Rudy-eastcoastX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kyle-eastcoastX
the cops here on long island hate us. they set up check points all over for the bikes.
You just seem to find the check points but seriously I've been pulled over twice to see if I had a license
Old 05-10-2004, 06:59 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Las Vegas Cops with mess your world up for just riding on a the streets with a wheelie bar or no mirrors or any of the at stuff... but lately last two months or so theyve been comming out to our nighttime wheelie lot and havent messed with us, hell theyve even been letting us catch em on camera and throw tricks around their cars!!
kane

Quick Reply: Do Cops Like Bikes In Your Town?