Anybody stunting with flatslides?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 10:34 PM

crazeinc is an unknown quantity at this point
Anybody stunting with flatslides?

I've got these carbs on my F3 and I'm thinking they might be hurting the bike's stunting ability. They make some sick power but bog hard if you try and snap the throttle open if you're at too low of an rpm not like a vaccum-style (stock) carb would do. I'm trying to clutch up some 1st gear slow wheelies, but the motor likes it's rpms so by the time I get to the BP I'm going way too fast. I'm wondering if the solution is just to throw a bigger sprocket on? I'm only running -1/+1 gearing right now. Anybody else have these carbs? You're probably wondering why I don't just put the stock carbs back on, but if you've ever riden a f3 you'd know these bikes need all the help in the power department they can get.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:53 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Anybody stunting with flatslides?

you dont want flatslides for stunting
Old 05-08-2004, 11:12 PM

that's pretty much what i figured but wanted to ask...
Old 05-09-2004, 12:15 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Tenny is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont know what flatside is BUT i bet if you practiced more it would work
Old 05-09-2004, 12:29 PM

RichieDubs is an unknown quantity at this point

get stock carbs
Old 05-09-2004, 12:33 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nags
you dont want flatslides for stunting
definately

flatsides are hard as hell to tune. i had them on my zx6 race bike....definately a no go for stunting. stock is the best bet. corey's f3 was all jetted and stuff and it ran like crap, yesterday we put everything back to stock on it, and it runs great for stunting. you do'nt need power for stunting....obviously if we do it on 50's you can see.

throw stock carbs, don't even jet them cause then it'll be funny and you'll have to screw with it. just get some bigger gears to help with torque.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by binder929rr
definately

flatsides are hard as hell to tune. i had them on my zx6 race bike....definately a no go for stunting. stock is the best bet. corey's f3 was all jetted and stuff and it ran like crap, yesterday we put everything back to stock on it, and it runs great for stunting. you do'nt need power for stunting....obviously if we do it on 50's you can see.

throw stock carbs, don't even jet them cause then it'll be funny and you'll have to screw with it. just get some bigger gears to help with torque.
That's pretty much the way I was thinking about doing it. The flatslides are worth some decent coin so I'll probably ebay them and throw the stock carbs back on. The other problem is I've got a full Vance and Hines exhaust so the motor is gonna run way lean with stock carbs so I'll probably just ebay that too.

I'm afraid of how slow this bike is gonna feel with the stock exhaust and stock carbs. I couldn't even power it up in 1st with the stock ****. But, I was thinking about it and decided I'd much rather chop the stock can down for clearance then my nice V&H can.

I'm thinking about going to 15/50 gearing. I've got 14/44 right now. If 15/50 isn't enough I can always just throw the 14 back on.