please read, experts and YZF600R riders needed!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 04:48 PM

dream728 is an unknown quantity at this point
please read, experts and YZF600R riders needed!!!!!!

dont worry fellas i did i serch 1st and didnt find what i was looking for but anyway. I have a 03 YZF 600R stock gearing. with every day that passes, my ***** grow bigger and bigger every day to clutch it up! I dont like power wheelies even though i never have done one ( i seen a friend of mine power his bike up which is the same as mine and i dont like the way it looks, it does not look smooth at all) i think i want to just learn the clutch method. i went up and down this little side street buy my house, just tryin got get a feel for the "jerk" as i stated in a previous thread and it lifted just high enuff to fit a pack of card between the road and the tire. My friend with the bike just like mine told me to get going around 5-10 mph and gunn it WOT and as soon as i gun it pull in the clutch and dump it in a split second, and he said b4 i know it i wil be skyward. My question is, is this good advice my fellow YZF riders? And if you ride a YZF 97-04 how do u get it skyward (gear, rpm's method..etc). And if you just flat out know how to launch'em how do you do it or reccomend doing it for my bike. I read the sticky complete Guide to wheelies and i appericate his advice( much props to ur thread f4rider) but i just wanted to get advice from others and YZF rider!!!!
Old 05-08-2004, 05:11 PM

one wheel is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: please read, experts and YZF600R riders needed!!!!!!

I have a 01 YZF600R. You need to change the sprocket to a 14/49 you will like it and it is easyer to get it up. What i do is clutch it up but sometimes i power it to. When you start out about 5-10 MPH slip the clutch as you roll on the gas but not to much that you loop it and cover the rear brake just to be safe. Or you can start out and about 5-8 RPM cut the gas to bounce it and snap it back on to get it up. The key is to start out slow and be smooth. PM me if you need any more help with your bike
Old 05-09-2004, 11:18 AM

Amateurboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: please read, experts and YZF600R riders needed!!!!!!

I wouldn't dump the clutch unless you want to unintentionally 12' it. Slip it and cover the brake (rear brake that is!!). Good luck!!
Old 05-09-2004, 06:00 PM

dream728 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amateurboy
I wouldn't dump the clutch unless you want to unintentionally 12' it. Slip it and cover the brake (rear brake that is!!). Good luck!!
lol, dont want to do that! Anyone else have any other tips????????
Old 05-25-2004, 11:13 PM

Bananamane is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dream728
lol, dont want to do that! Anyone else have any other tips????????

I have an 01' YZF, i just got done going -2 teeth in the front and i can bounce it upin 1st very easy. I can get it pretty high but i cant ride it for long. If ne one else has ne advice on 2nd gear wheelies post em, cuz i cant get it up in 2nd for the life of me. But definetly regear it. If ur lookin to do 2nd gear wheelies go more than -2.