Stoppie Bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 01:00 PM

UFDKris is an unknown quantity at this point
Stoppie Bike

I've been givin it alot of thought lately is one bike better for stoppies than the other. Gorka rolls some mad **** on the 900rr then again U see guys like Lee Huston on 954 rollin some **** Nasty from PBR on the 929 rollin some sweet **** but then I thought about the World Record held twice by Suzuki 750 and 1000. Thew from 1096 = mad pimp **** Ryan Crammer from DV8 heard hes rollin over 1000feet.
929 and 954 are high as hell

Suzuki= long *** stoppies
Is there any method to the madness
Old 05-06-2004, 01:29 PM

chrisadair is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stoppie Bike

Yo Kris, you know that the GSXR 750s just can't be beat. I've never ridden any of the other bikes but if I had to guess I'd say they wouldn't be able to hold up to the GSXRs mad performance.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:36 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

You just answered your own question. They are all good stoppie bikes. It's the rider that counts.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:43 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

Going by what the sportbike mags say, Suzuki's dont come with the greatest brakes stock.. but Ryan C hit up the record w/ a stock setup apperently!! So much for that I guess. As for 900/929/954, I've seen alot of pros swap the front off the 900 and replace with the newer 929/954 setup. However, I just rewatched Gorka's 938 attempt and he was using the stock setup for the 900rr. So to answer your question... uh i think it just takes skillz.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:55 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know which ones are good, but i know the f4 sucks ***. After a couple endos, the damn thing won't run.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:16 PM

I understand the mad skills it takes to roll some long stoppies I just got my dampner in and now my front rotors bent from some 12s gone bad when I was learning. Just something I was thinking about when I was reading the new Super Streetbike mag. See all these people postin up these *** vids of stoppies makes me want to start rollin stoppies again. Need some new rotors for my 900, I'd like to have a 929 frt end on my 900 but the bike funds in the Neg.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:13 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

not to start an argument, but if u look on the cover of SSB mag, it looks like it(kramer on loand gsxr) has a Vortex triple clamp assm. can anyone verify this?
Old 05-06-2004, 07:24 PM

J.C. is an unknown quantity at this point

i would say 929

my front end is all stock except for the ohlins and so is ricks here is a couple of clips rick and me

http://www.purebredriders.com/videos/nastywildcard.mpg
Old 05-06-2004, 09:36 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

i would agree as well, the newer bikes are a lot lighter and hence a bit twitchier at first on the nose, but after that it is gravy....one negative to the 636, which i think is real nice btw, is the heigth of the clipons...they are lower than the hondas so it is tougher to get leverage on them, i find myself fighting to look more than 20 feet ahead of the roll because my body feels so steep...

i was actually analyzing you and nasty's clip and the angle of the bike/arms, center of gravity, etc compared to what i had of my own....we're all at the vertical arm point, i just need to get off the seat a bit i t hink so i can look forward more and widen the balance point a bit...actuallly meant to have you and rick take a gander at the east coast vid to tel me what you thought....none of those clips are my best, but holla back..

teach
Old 05-06-2004, 11:33 PM

DetroitStyle is a decent person

From what I've seen, the only thing Ryan does is mount a GPR damper....

The tree, clipons, etc are all stock bits...
Old 05-06-2004, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
i would agree as well, the newer bikes are a lot lighter and hence a bit twitchier at first on the nose, but after that it is gravy....one negative to the 636, which i think is real nice btw, is the heigth of the clipons...they are lower than the hondas so it is tougher to get leverage on them, i find myself fighting to look more than 20 feet ahead of the roll because my body feels so steep...

i was actually analyzing you and nasty's clip and the angle of the bike/arms, center of gravity, etc compared to what i had of my own....we're all at the vertical arm point, i just need to get off the seat a bit i t hink so i can look forward more and widen the balance point a bit...actuallly meant to have you and rick take a gander at the east coast vid to tel me what you thought....none of those clips are my best, but holla back..

teach
Ya i agree with you on the height of the clipons. The 636 reminds me of my old r1.
The newer bike deffinetly have pros and cons this is both on the 929 and 954 the rotors are so big that on pick up its smooth but they are 3x as touchy than most other brands bikes with means less room for error when picking stoppies up and rollin them at the balance point. Thats probably why i have fliped a few times rolling already.

I watched your clips in that video earlier and i would say that they are super smooth and high. I think that the clipons dont make that much of a difference but when high like in your clip i think that it does lower the visual distance that you have but i dont know by how much. i would have to guess that its not that much. The computer that i am on now wont play the video so i cant see where you are on the bike but from what i remember they were flawless. Just remember this this is a quote from the man Matt Gorka "When you try to get greedy with stoppies **** gets bad real quick and you dont expect it" a few stoppies later i fliped so just remember that everyone holla back

lata
Old 05-06-2004, 11:57 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Tenny is an unknown quantity at this point

lol so is so true about getting greedy. that why i flipped one going 40 mph and knocked my *** out
Old 05-07-2004, 09:53 AM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tenny
lol so is so true about getting greedy. that why i flipped one going 40 mph and knocked my *** out
My problem is I don't get greedy enough.... I bitch up before I hit BP and can't get em rolling any further than maybe 20 feet.
Old 05-07-2004, 11:06 AM

While were on the subject were were out riden yesterday and my boy Justin been workin on stoppies for about a month started out at like 70ft and yesterday rolled 353ft crazy **** Looks off the hook.

J.C. and Rick that ***** off the hook, high as hell looks sweet keep rockin those stoppies
Old 05-07-2004, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by UFDKris
While were on the subject were were out riden yesterday and my boy Justin been workin on stoppies for about a month started out at like 70ft and yesterday rolled 353ft crazy **** Looks off the hook.

J.C. and Rick that ***** off the hook, high as hell looks sweet keep rockin those stoppies
ya i have only been doing stoppies for about 2 months now and only road in a spot longer than 200ft for about 2 hours when that clip was shot
Old 05-07-2004, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by J.C.
ya i have only been doing stoppies for about 2 months now and only in a spot longer than 200ft for about 2 hours when that clip was shot
2 hours thats crazy

Can't wait to see the clip when U get more room to roll some mad ****.

Your in FL , U guys ride at Lakeland drag strip if so U otta be able to roll some pimp **** out there
Old 05-07-2004, 06:15 PM

2 hours thats crazy

Can't wait to see the clip when U get more room to roll some mad ****.

Your in FL , U guys ride at Lakeland drag strip if so U otta be able to roll some pimp **** out there
na lakeland got shut down around bike week
Old 05-07-2004, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by J.C.
na lakeland got shut down around bike week
WTF u guys cant ride out at lakeland anymore that suxs what happened

I thought it was set up were anyone could roll out there just had to sign in or some **** like that.

We had a pimp *** spot like that an abandon Air Force Base. 2 miles long 80 yards wide do what ever the *** we wanted and my boy Justin Had a wreck out there doin a stoppie and that Kicked our *** out of there. Suxs there not anywhere that close to ride around here. Cops around here are in SUPER DICK MODE. Sorry about that ****, I feel your pain there.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:49 PM

BigBalla is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it was set up were anyone could roll out there just had to sign in or some **** like that.

We had a pimp *** spot like that an abandon Air Force Base. 2 miles long 80 yards wide do what ever the *** we wanted and my boy Justin Had a wreck out there doin a stoppie and that Kicked our *** out of there. Suxs there not anywhere that close to ride around here. Cops around here are in SUPER DICK MODE. Sorry about that ****, I feel your pain there.
REESE!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2004, 07:46 PM

because it was open to everyone people were taking advantage of it

going out there not signing the form the track provides

leaving trash everywhere

leaving oil all over the place

i could go on for a while
and to top it off some guy just died there a few weeks ago racing

so that sucks

Quick Reply: Stoppie Bike