racing.....FTP

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 12:11 AM

Bananamane is an unknown quantity at this point
racing.....FTP

okay so the other night me and my friend went out for a ride. We went down to the local hang out were all the kids with their little honda civic race cars go. So on our way out we go to the stop sign and make a left hand turn onto the main road, we both accelerate pretty hard. I hit about 120, around there. Then up ahead we see a cop off the side of the road. We were already down to the speed limit by now. We cruise past him and when we get past him he flicks on the lights. We pull off up ahead and b4 we know it theres 6 cop cars in the lot. They said that we were racing on highway. which we were not doing. The ticket says "Defendant did drive a motorcycle in an attempt to outland, outdistance or prevent another from passing" It is a 250$ ticket and i heard suspension on lisence, but not to sure on the suspension. Paying the ticket isnt really a big deal for me but i cant lose my lisence cuz i have to get to work daily. Should i take it to court and plead not guilty??? Supposivly there was a cop sitting at the local hang out and he heard us ride away like we were racing but no cop actual saw us racing and did not have a radar or ne kind of proof. Im located outside of Allentown Pa. It was whitehall. if ne one has dealt with this and can help me ide really appreciate it . Sorry for making it so long. Thanx again

Tim FTP
Old 05-06-2004, 02:01 AM

iStunt is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: racing.....FTP

Get a lawyer, trust me. You'll keep your DL and spend the same if not less.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:33 AM

P-Kidd is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a lawyer... Hopefully things will work out 4 you...
Old 05-06-2004, 03:03 AM

Danger Mouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's what i see
I hit about 120
before we know it theres 6 cop cars
i cant lose my lisence
FTP
Maybe you should have thought about about losing your license before you did 120 on a public road. Why shouldn't you lose it? You should have been arrested right on the spot.
You're 19, try manning up and taking responibility for your actions, not sounding like a whiney little brat.
And FTP? As if their job isn't already hard enough, without having to deal with **** from kids doing 120, and thinking that the police are somehow the bad guy.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:58 AM

splicer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Danger Mouse
Here's what i see

Maybe you should have thought about about losing your license before you did 120 on a public road. Why shouldn't you lose it? You should have been arrested right on the spot.
You're 19, try manning up and taking responibility for your actions, not sounding like a whiney little brat.
And FTP? As if their job isn't already hard enough, without having to deal with **** from kids doing 120, and thinking that the police are somehow the bad guy.
First off shut the **** up becuase you know damn well you don't do the speed limit all the time. And ya FTP I got a ticket for doing 90 on the freeway, and **** what the cop said I'd still be riding past all those ****s on cell phones then be doing the speed limit with them. And he hit 120 on an empty road, **** I would've punched it to. I hate people like you who go off ragging on people because they complain about a ticket, I feel ya man, cops are ****ing ****, you'd think they have something better to do then hassle bikers, like arrest drug dealers or child molesters FTP
Old 05-06-2004, 05:12 AM

Danger Mouse is an unknown quantity at this point

First off shut the **** up becuase you know damn well you don't do the speed limit all the time
You're right, i dont do the speed limit all the time. But do i get pulled over after doing 120, and act like i'm a victim? Of course not!
Perhaps at 22, i'm too old fashion to not accept the consquences for my own actions.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:28 AM
M50M OG

Sonicjay is a decent person

Here's what i see

Old 05-06-2004, 08:00 AM

wangsta6 is a decent person

You're right, i dont do the speed limit all the time. But do i get pulled over after doing 120, and act like i'm a victim? Of course not!
Perhaps at 22, i'm too old fashion to not accept the consquences for my own actions.

your a tard faced poo poo head
Old 05-06-2004, 08:48 AM

Do i really need to get a lawyer?? Couldnt i just represent myself and tell them the truth. In order to get me for racing wouldnt they have had to see me in the action of racing?? The cop only heard us ride away fast they have to proof of it.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:52 AM
M50M OG

Originally Posted by Bananamane
Do i really need to get a lawyer?? Couldnt i just represent myself and tell them the truth.

So much to learn......
Old 05-06-2004, 09:12 AM

i95leuser is a decent person

Do i really need to get a lawyer?? Couldnt i just represent myself and tell them the truth. In order to get me for racing wouldnt they have had to see me in the action of racing?? The cop only heard us ride away fast they have to proof of it.

Ok bro!! You need to realize its your word against theres man. If you do fight it (Which you damn well better) At least call a lawyer and see what advice he can give you. You really didnt do anything wrong besides doing 120 but like you said he didnt see you only heard the bikes. So right there he had no idea what he is talking about. So fight that bitch and take the popo to court for it. You were not racing on the highway like you said. So ask for video survalence of you blocking cars or bikes on the highway since all of there cars are equipped with it. And ask for a radar reading as well. If he does not present these 2 things or does not show up you will win man. Trust me. Just go in there being respectful and wear a suit man. Trust me if you go in there cocky and look like **** they will treat you like ****. I have gotten out of 5 tickets so I have some sort of idea what to do. Good Luck!!
Old 05-06-2004, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by i95leuser
Ok bro!! You need to realize its your word against theres man. If you do fight it (Which you damn well better) At least call a lawyer and see what advice he can give you. You really didnt do anything wrong besides doing 120 but like you said he didnt see you only heard the bikes. So right there he had no idea what he is talking about. So fight that bitch and take the popo to court for it. You were not racing on the highway like you said. So ask for video survalence of you blocking cars or bikes on the highway since all of there cars are equipped with it. And ask for a radar reading as well. If he does not present these 2 things or does not show up you will win man. Trust me. Just go in there being respectful and wear a suit man. Trust me if you go in there cocky and look like **** they will treat you like ****. I have gotten out of 5 tickets so I have some sort of idea what to do. Good Luck!!
Thanks man, that has been what ive wanted to hear. I also forgot to mention that i have the D&D pipe, which is kinda loud. okay....obnoxious. So do they need to have some kind of proof that i was racing?? and if not ill win? They have to have me clocked or something like that.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:04 AM

Thanks man, that has been what ive wanted to hear. I also forgot to mention that i have the D&D pipe, which is kinda loud. okay....obnoxious. So do they need to have some kind of proof that i was racing?? and if not ill win? They have to have me clocked or something like that.

HAHAHA!! I rock no pipe sometimes. Just right off the headers man. **** if they think my bike is loud how about they pull over harleys too. Thats what I have said before and i have gotten off. Your pipe isnt an issue tho. They need proof that you were racing and proof you were doing stupid **** on the highway. Of course when you go into the court room and pleade your case they wont need it all right then. But when they make a 2nd court date (if necessary) They will or you will walk away free. Anyways go in there man and just be straight up like "Well me and some friends were zipping around town, but nothing dangerous or out of line. We didnt even ride on the highway and we were not racing at all. Your honor the exhaust that came on my bike is pretty loud and it sounds as if im going fast when im really not" Something like that man. Just be cool and so will the judge.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:13 AM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

Keep your trap shut, and let a lawyer do ALL the talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not kidding either.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:19 AM
M50M OG

120MPH is twice the legal speed limit...which is Reckless Driving. Whether you claim you were racing or just doing twice the speed limit, you're still fooked. A lawyer can make a deal with the prosecutors. If you go in there without one, you should get used to grabbing your ankles...
Old 05-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Erion 929 Pimp

DoubleRJef is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DNFstar
Keep your trap shut, and let a lawyer do ALL the talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not kidding either.
I agree.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Sonicjay
120MPH is twice the legal speed limit...which is Reckless Driving. Whether you claim you were racing or just doing twice the speed limit, you're still fooked. A lawyer can make a deal with the prosecutors. If you go in there without one, you should get used to grabbing your ankles...

But hey said they never seen him go that fast. And they didnt give him a speeding ticket so that wont be an issue in the court.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:44 AM

DAN1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

You Said By The Time You Saw The Cop You Were At The Speed Limit, Right, And You Said That The Cop At The Hange Out Just Heard You Leave And It Sounded Loud ( I Think That's What You Said, I'm Too Lazy To Go Back And Read The Post) If They Didn't Get You On Radar And Didn't Visually See You Speed, You Shoulnd't Be Too Worried.......but I Don't Know Why There Were 6 Cop Cars There Unless They Saw You, Chased You, Or Set You Up.....?
Old 05-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Scrape and keep going...

not_me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by i95leuser
But hey said they never seen him go that fast. And they didnt give him a speeding ticket so that wont be an issue in the court.
The only thing these cops have you on is being young and scared. If they didn't clock you, two bikes + loud pipes = racing.

I understand that it is BS BUT you were doing 120. I have done it and am not acting like a saint. Use this as a learning experience and get through it.

I never use lawyers when I fight crap like this. If you throw on a suit and represent yourself correctly you will be fine. Just showing up to court, and very early, means a lot. Just paying a ticket is almost like admitting like you are wrong.

Suck it up, handle your business, and NEVER stop again when a cop chirps on you. If he did clock you, you would have been in jail with no bike.

But it can always be worse. Good luck
Old 05-06-2004, 12:12 PM

RichieDubs is an unknown quantity at this point

you pay a lawyer to legally lie for you