Thinking

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Outermost Moderator

ROB OUTERMOST is an unknown quantity at this point
Thinking

So i went by the honda dealership and see the new CBR 1000 and i see how its transformed in to race bike so much that it might be hard to make it a stunt bike. later that night im thinking this motorcycle companys should maybe think about producing a stunt bike since stunting is getting so big. Think about it, bikes with tanks made mashed in but professionally, bars and cages already put on, oil pickups in the motor placed in the right spots for when your scrapin or doing your slow ****, hydralic handbrake, geared like 15 up, windscreens reinforced something like the 900rr, the geometery of the bike made for stunting, for a good balance point etc etc. its a nice dream for now, but maybe someday it will come true.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:13 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Tenny is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Thinking

i've thought that all the time that would be pimp. they wouldn't even have to gear **** they could make the actual transmission have the correct gears and make it to where you could have your slow moving small gears but allow your 6th gear to step it up a little in the power
Old 05-06-2004, 12:15 AM

J.C. is an unknown quantity at this point

ya they should do that. now all the bikes seem like they are weaker then before
Old 05-06-2004, 12:19 AM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

the man has a point here.........

that plastic tank shell **** sucks. Its eventually gonna get to the point where the companys are actually gonna be working against stunting by building these bikes more and more hi-tek.

They should just start building 900RR's and F3's again and sell them as stunt bikes forever
Old 05-06-2004, 12:23 AM

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point

They do make a stunt bike.. its called the F4i! Its light, has great torque, awsome BP, great handling, good brakes, and won't starve for oil @ 12 very easily. I think you can say the same for GSX-R 750's also. I understand the need for a COMPLETE stunt machine.. but the day I see a 12 bar on the showroom floor is the day I pick up a new hobbie!
Old 05-06-2004, 12:24 AM

crazeinc is an unknown quantity at this point

not a bad idea. I was gonna say the gov wouldn't like it because you're promoting people from doing illegal **** on the street, but i guess that's the same thing as selling a bike with 150rwhp from the factory.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:11 AM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

man.. only honda is getting crappier.. Look at the kawis.. the 636 is about as hooked up as you can get for stunting. Everyone that has stunted em loves em that I have talked to. The new gixxers are off tha chain. The new ones are more hooked up than the 2000 - 2003s for sure.. no doubt. Frames are thick as hell and they dont have those stupid tiny subframe tabs to break off anymore. I am sure the oil pickup is in the same shitty spot, but all you have to do is chill out with the ******* wheelies and limiter coasties and there's no worries. If I were getting a new bike it would be a hard decision between the 636 or the 04 750.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:04 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

636 is nice for stunting, but by no means is it as nice as it could be...some negatives:

footpegs are weaker than plastic, footpeg brackets are weak, the front fairing stay (also air intake) is effing PLASTIC and there is no aftermarket products for it, the tanks are tiny and don't dent well.

yes, it is a great bike, no stunting is not getting as big as you all think it is....think about motorcycling as a WHOLE...who are we?

keep plugging along, but there are millions and millions riding on who wins the race, not the long endo contest
Old 05-06-2004, 10:53 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

Bring back the 929!
Old 05-06-2004, 11:01 AM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough

Personally... I hope stuntin doesn't get too much bigger... X-games would be cool... But after that every young cat in the country will be walking around with neck braces after f-cking themselves up trying to park a 12 before they even learn brake control cause you cats make it look so damn easy.

Soon Fox will be mass producing stunt vids and put some of us out of business.

KEEP DAT **** UNDERGROUND!

or I might sell out.... go work for MTV and become the Nelly of Stuntlife.com.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:57 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

they aren't going to touch it. stunt riding isn't getting bigger. i'll agree it's getting bigger when we finally have a single organization. hell, espn won't even touch it because there is no stadard rules and one standard organized comp setup like FMX. until there is.....no bike company is going to touch anything near it. they can't make money off something that isn't on tv pulling in tons of money like FMX.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:09 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

time to backflip a streetbike then.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:22 PM

UFDKris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
636 is nice for stunting, but by no means is it as nice as it could be...some negatives:

footpegs are weaker than plastic, footpeg brackets are weak, the front fairing stay (also air intake) is effing PLASTIC and there is no aftermarket products for it, the tanks are tiny and don't dent well.

yes, it is a great bike, no stunting is not getting as big as you all think it is....think about motorcycling as a WHOLE...who are we?

keep plugging along, but there are millions and millions riding on who wins the race, not the long endo contest
Ya the pegs and brackets are weak but my 900RR I broke both brackets and made them outa steel. Nothings perfect we just gotta rock what ya got. I dont think Honda Suzuki Kaw or Yamaha will ever make a stunt bike. U gotta go back and remeber why these bikes are made and thats Racing look how big it is and how much factory support these guys have. Hey its a great thought but I think half the reason I like this sport is because it came from the underground. Next bike for me gotta be 00-03 750 or 01 02 1000 gsxr :YEAH
I would like to see this **** on the X games that would be
Old 05-06-2004, 04:46 PM

Spark~R.O.C. is an unknown quantity at this point

Why from the factory? You have these chopper guys building custom choppers from scratch.(OCC, Jesse James and all those dudes) If you got what it takes build your own stuntbike. Make your own frame , subframe, tank, etc. etc. That would be pimp.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Regular StuntLifer

BTB Matt is an unknown quantity at this point

All the stunters I know are cheap bastards and wouldn't spend the money on a new bike anyway. Also everyone likes their bikes differant so one bike wouldn't work, they would have to be custom for every rider.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:23 PM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough

Werd! We're all rockin frankenstein bikes anyway.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:11 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

main reason they wont:liability of injuruy/death 2-warranty work
Old 05-06-2004, 07:38 PM

Paw Paw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DLish
...but it's ok to build and sell to anyone a 160hp bike that'll do 180mph. lol Doesn't make since to me.

Paw Paw
Old 05-06-2004, 10:48 PM

Tenny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DLish
dlish is correct

would be pimp but most stunters are really good at rigging **** and whats wrong wiht having frankenstine bikes? i have 47 zip ties on my bike right now and i KNOW there are people with more. zip ties make it look nice
Old 05-06-2004, 11:05 PM
WHEELIES "R" US

Jope is a decent person

this is as close as it gets
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	z1000.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	78165  

Quick Reply: Thinking