Clutch up my Gixxer 600

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 12:05 PM

str8dustedU is an unknown quantity at this point
Clutch up my Gixxer 600

I'm tryin to learn to clutch up my GSXR600 '03. I have no problem powering up the front end. How should I start to learn clutching it up? Where do I need to be in the RPM's? Should I try it in first or second? Help me out.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:25 PM

Luke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Clutch up my Gixxer 600

Do it in 1st...once you learn to wheelie in first, 2nd will come that much easier...plus you wont be going as fast. be fairly low in the R's, and just put one finger on the clutch and hold a steady throttle hand...then just wack the clutch with one finger (just enough to disengage it) and give it some gas then. It will come up. 2nd is a little harder to clutch. Gotta be higher in the R's and I recommend 1 tooth down in the front. that makes it a lot easier. Trust me...been there. once you gear it...it will come up like butter in 2nd then.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:42 PM

XTJesse is an unknown quantity at this point

i started off the same as you, i started power wheelies and then i went right to 2nd gear clutch its much smoother then 1st gear, just practice with a little bounce and some throttle then let the clutch out, it will come up a little then do it again and again until u get it up high enough to hit the balance point, start off with a little throttle b/c u dont want to give it too much u'll loop it, and remeber to always keep ur foot over the rear brake just incase u go to far.

good luck

-jesse
Old 05-03-2004, 04:49 PM

midwest mayhem is an unknown quantity at this point

i had a gsxr 600 starter bike and when i learned i had stock gears, just do what they said. start slow like 4k to 5k rpm then let out give it some gas and cover that rear brake. then if you feel good with sitdowns try standups that helped me find the balance point faster. just my