need help with a 99' 900rr

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 01:00 PM

DECEPTICON13 is an unknown quantity at this point
need help with a 99' 900rr

whats up guys. i'm robby. im new to the stunt scene, as of a year ago. i have a 99' 900rr. i just repainted it again for the third time this year. i need a cage, frame sliders suck. i've been looking into the FI cage but i've heard bad things, and its f***ing expensive. i want something to protect my fairings. i'm learning stoppies, i can already do 11:30 endos. learning clutch wheelies. stand ups are coming along, a bit scary. i have 954 rotors and calipers with ebc pads, so i think it wont be too hard to get the a** up in the air. i just want something thats going to protect my plastics. i saw a really sick cage on S.I.C. riders snake gixxer. it goes up to the front of the frame. i need something like that. can anyone help me out? also does anyone know any powerups to the 900rr with out spending any money, tuning wise. it has a slip on yosh, 2 up 2 down sprockets, jet kit and k&n filter. also new spark plugs.undefined
Old 04-28-2004, 02:51 PM
Regular StuntLifer

DieTrying is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: need help with a 99' 900rr

how did you do the 954 rotor/caliper upgrade?? i know the calipers bolt right on, but what about the rotors?

if your planning on learning 12s, stick with that gearing, thats exactly what i learned on and its perfect. but your gonna have to lose the jet kit, 900s have enough problems running at 12 and aftermarket jet kits dont help.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:13 PM

UFDKris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DieTrying
how did you do the 954 rotor/caliper upgrade?? i know the calipers bolt right on, but what about the rotors?

if your planning on learning 12s, stick with that gearing, thats exactly what i learned on and its perfect. but your gonna have to lose the jet kit, 900s have enough problems running at 12 and aftermarket jet kits dont help.
This is what I want to know 954 rotor and caliper upgrade?? will this work love to have those brakes
Old 04-28-2004, 11:50 PM

uh.. haven't gotten that far. i was figuring they just bolted right up. guess i'm going to have to fabricate something. anyway , anyone know of good cages for cheaper? i need some help with my stand ups, any pointers? should i lower the tire pressure for stoppies?
Old 04-29-2004, 10:40 PM

9hunit is an unknown quantity at this point

youcant put 954 rotors on 900 wheel , or even put a wheel in the 900 forks, the offset for the brakes is totaly wrong, you gotta changethe whole front end.

wh ever told you you could is lying ive done all the reserch on that one there man many times over.

forks will bolt right up thogh no problem at all, you need everything, forks-triples-wheel- rotors- calipers- and no prob.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by 9hunit
youcant put 954 rotors on 900 wheel , or even put a wheel in the 900 forks, the offset for the brakes is totaly wrong, you gotta changethe whole front end.

wh ever told you you could is lying ive done all the reserch on that one there man many times over.

forks will bolt right up thogh no problem at all, you need everything, forks-triples-wheel- rotors- calipers- and no prob.

um... me and a buddy are fabricating some spacers for the rotors on saturday. it's just a matter of gettingthe rotors to line up with calipers. the calipers bolt on just fine were gunnna line them up and make a trick kit for my bike. if any one is interested i might make a few extras so someone else can have fun with 954 **** on a 900. pm me if ur interested.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:26 PM

9hunit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 900rrobby
um... me and a buddy are fabricating some spacers for the rotors on saturday. it's just a matter of gettingthe rotors to line up with calipers. the calipers bolt on just fine were gunnna line them up and make a trick kit for my bike. if any one is interested i might make a few extras so someone else can have fun with 954 **** on a 900. pm me if ur interested.
the rotors off a 954 are about 6 inches wider-radius wise- than a 900 the caliper mounts - were the caliper mounts to the forks, coincides with the stock rotor diameter, also not to mention the hub mounting patern is different, as well as the offset built into the rotor, now as far as i can see your gonna mount alot of spacers, i want to see pics of this.

i realy dont think its worth it, if you ask me, i mean the rotors are bigger, but why go through all that fabricating, when you can just bolt on the front end, then youve got inverted forks as well as the best honda brakes around,

not to mention al those brakets gotta throw a curve at what the brakes were originaly designed to do, when if you bolt the front on you get what honda designed,

pm me with pics of this, if you can pull it off i definately want to see it.