Extended swing arm/bar end sliders

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 04:54 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Extended swing arm/bar end sliders

I know this was posted before, but I searched and couldn't find it. Who makes extended bar end sliders and extended swingarm sliders for a '98 900rr?
Old 04-20-2004, 06:09 PM

MADDOGC5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Extended swing arm/bar end sliders

I Think You Can Find Them In The Lockhardt Phillips
Catalog
Old 04-20-2004, 09:07 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Some guy posted up pics of some custom made extra length ones.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:11 PM
Retired

anyone?
Old 04-22-2004, 04:54 PM
that guy

CHIMNEY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NINER
anyone?
got to the vmc forums under stunt groups
Old 04-22-2004, 07:00 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

one of my team mates has them on his 929...i don't like them cause it causes the clip on to hit the ground before hte sliders do...that puts a lot of stress on that crappy *** clip on. i have standard bar ends and they do just fine, haven't broken a brake lever or a clip on and i've been riding the same bike for a year now.

the cage/sliders are what stops the impact, if you slam it down on a clip on, you're probably going to break it. that's why i never put them on. they would be good for a pretty bike that might just fall over from the kickstand, but a crash, no go.

swing arm sliders? i've never had my swingarm hit the ground yet and my bike has flipped end over end in many crashes *cough*lakeland*cough*
Old 04-22-2004, 07:26 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by binder929rr
swing arm sliders? i've never had my swingarm hit the ground yet and my bike has flipped end over end in many crashes *cough*lakeland*cough*
I thought the purpose of a swingarm slider is to protect the exhaust
Old 04-22-2004, 07:38 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by f4rider
I thought the purpose of a swingarm slider is to protect the exhaust

nah, they aren't that long.....those would have to be like 5" long. any swing arm sliders i've saw were only like an inch, maybe 1.5" long. they protect hte swing arm....which is werid.

i have exhaust to stop that side of the bike from hitting the ground, **** a 50$ exhaust can.