powers bike cages?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 04:25 PM

terrortekniks is an unknown quantity at this point
powers bike cages?

ok look i bought a powers cage for a 94 900rr. new style. and they sent me one and it didnt fit. it coulda been rigged to fit.......so they sent me another one and it was their old style cage.it dont fit cause i got an erion racing full exhaust..go figure! nice time to tell me huh!
i got pictures of all this stuff and they are supposd to do something for me to solve my problems.
so before i do anything drastic i would like to hear any and all problems with powers cages that anyone ever had!
the lady told me that they have never had a prob with a 900rr cage!

lets hear em now!
ill post pics later!
Old 04-16-2004, 07:09 PM

a56kuser is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: powers bike cages?

Originally Posted by terrortekniks
ok look i bought a powers cage for a 94 900rr. new style. and they sent me one and it didnt fit. it coulda been rigged to fit.......so they sent me another one and it was their old style cage.it dont fit cause i got an erion racing full exhaust..go figure! nice time to tell me huh!
i got pictures of all this stuff and they are supposd to do something for me to solve my problems.
so before i do anything drastic i would like to hear any and all problems with powers cages that anyone ever had!
the lady told me that they have never had a prob with a 900rr cage!

lets hear em now!
ill post pics later!
my friend is running his on a GSXR1000 no problems..... but the bike is pretty much stock.... held up good in 2 crashes as well.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:07 PM

X-treem C is an unknown quantity at this point

no problems got 2 900 rr stock header
Old 04-17-2004, 12:03 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough

yeah dude, same here. powers are the ****. i run them on 3 different bikes, and they are strong as hell. Built by professionals who know WTF they are doing, rather then some fool that is just out to make a quick buck. If you got issues, then take it up with them personally .... if you want to ask peoples' opinions, then this is the right place I suppose. But my advice would be before you make everything sound all horrible, is to talk to powers first .... they are really good people, and they back their **** up.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:19 AM

gixer1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a power bikes cage on my 01 GSXR 1k. I like the look of it and it fits very well. I think I like the extra leg room of the Freestyle cage though.
They have held up well dropped on both sides with stoppies gone bad.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:46 AM
Group Moderator

Manubi is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine Fits Perfect.
And Has Held Up To 3 Hard Wrecks From 12 O Clock Already.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:01 PM

wannabterror is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got a cage for a 98 gsxr750. I like the cage it looks like it's made well, but I had to cut the bottom of my plastic(lower fairings) becausethe bottom tab is straight up instead of forward which would have resulted in no cutting. It also smashed in the sides of my lower fairings because its not wide enough to fit around the plastic. I thought it would protect the plastic not remold it around the cage and header. All in all it's a great cage, but if you have mint plastic be prepared, thank god I don't.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:53 PM

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/70069-public-thanks-racing905.html

that is how things are supposed to go down people.................instead i get told that im bashing and badmouthing the co. they also told the buisness owner that i bought the cage from "he has a bad attitude,did you see his post on stuntlife?"
get real people,youd be pissed to if you bought two,TWO 900rr cages and they didnt fit your 93 900 rr. thats like 500 dollars.
luckily i got a 99 rr and the newly designed cage fits it. (after i bought 2 frameslider bolts,cause the ones they sent were too long and they knew it and a bolt and nut from Lowes for the lower portion.......THEN I HAD TO BUY A FILE AND A CARBIDE BIT FOR MY GRINDER to make the barends fit in the holes and so i could get a socket into the one tube for the long motor mount bolt under the seat)

seems to me powers owes me like 250 for the bad cage
6 bucks for the bolts
20 bucks for the bit
10 bucks for a file
2hrs of my time.............................priceless
Old 04-20-2004, 07:55 PM

wangsta6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by wannabterror
I just got a cage for a 98 gsxr750. I like the cage it looks like it's made well, but I had to cut the bottom of my plastic(lower fairings) becausethe bottom tab is straight up instead of forward which would have resulted in no cutting. It also smashed in the sides of my lower fairings because its not wide enough to fit around the plastic. I thought it would protect the plastic not remold it around the cage and header. All in all it's a great cage, but if you have mint plastic be prepared, thank god I don't.

take your plastics off
Old 04-20-2004, 07:58 PM

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70069

that is how things are supposed to go down people.................instead i get told that im bashing and badmouthing the co. they also told the buisness owner that i bought the cage from "he has a bad attitude,did you see his post on stuntlife?"
get real people,youd be pissed to if you bought two,TWO 900rr cages and they didnt fit your 93 900 rr. thats like 500 dollars.
luckily i got a 99 rr and the newly designed cage fits it. (after i bought 2 frameslider bolts,cause the ones they sent were too long and they knew it and a bolt and nut from Lowes for the lower portion.......THEN I HAD TO BUY A FILE AND A CARBIDE BIT FOR MY GRINDER to make the barends fit in the holes and so i could get a socket into the one tube for the long motor mount bolt under the seat)
im sure that they replaced the first cage and maybe quite possibly they might have been extended sliders (think about it)
Old 04-20-2004, 08:14 PM

BUSA KILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

wangsta you should not have to make any changes or fab any thing. It should be all there and bolt on with out cutting all or any plastic. When you go to the shop and have service done you don't have to do half the work your self! Correct you think about it!!!
Old 04-20-2004, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by wangsta6
im sure that they replaced the first cage and maybe quite possibly they might have been extended sliders (think about it)

What are you talking about??? Nothing was mentioned about frame sliders!
Old 04-20-2004, 10:17 PM

What are you talking about??? Nothing was mentioned about frame sliders!
sorry i read it again it says frameslider bolts my bad
Old 04-20-2004, 10:30 PM

wannabterror is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wangsta6
take your plastics off

I was under the impression the cage was supposed to protect my motor and plastic.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:25 AM
Extreme Action Images

FearlessGeo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BUSA KILLER
wangsta you should not have to make any changes or fab any thing. It should be all there and bolt on with out cutting all or any plastic. When you go to the shop and have service down you don't have to put have the work your self! Correct you think about it!!!
I KNOW THIS ISNT ABOUT THE CAGE BUT I BOUGHT SUZUKI FACTORY SLIDERS FOR MY 2002 GSXR 1000(when it was still in the showroom)
AND THE PLASTIC HAD TO BE CUT. BUT I DID WHAT HAD TO BE DONE.
AS FOR POWERS CAGES I THINK THEY ARE ONE OF THE BEST PRODUCTS GOING. EVERYONE HAS BUGS THAT NEED TO BE WORKED OUT. I AM SURE THEY ARE DOING THEIR BEST TO HELP YOU OUT.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:21 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

That is why i stand by Freestyle Ingenuity...they have spent the time and the money on RandD, unlike most other companies, to avoid these types of problems...good luck with your purchase.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:47 AM
PsychoBuells Crazy Cracka

JAGMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone has had bs issues building cages trying to help stunters save their bikes. FI was no doubt the first major stunt cage builder and has made a good name for saving stunters butts, but lets not forget it came with a price. One of my guys and lots of my friends broke motor mounts with FI cages. Even many of the most loyal FI riders will tell you they don't trust the cage not breaking the motor mounts still to this day. Ok...so what. It is getting better and bottom line NO ONE made them put these cages on their bikes.

This is not about who does more R&D or who has deaper pockets, it is about who is willing to make the wrong right. Powers, 905, MDX, Bubba's Cage Shop, whoever...they all have had R&D issues and all have had to make some bad situations right in the eyes of the customer and those who read about this stuff on Stuntlife. Let's not turn this into a bunch of bs about who cages are better and who does more.

Everyone is entitled to a choice on cages and even though I do not know all the details of this particular issue, I know I have personnally sold about 5 or 6 900 cages of all years including the early models to very happy customers. I also have sold cages that for whatever reason, customers say do not fit right. When you make a cage as rigged as Powers, you have to get everything just right or it is out of whack. There is almost no room for error. I have personally wrestled with several cages trying to figure out why they did not fit just to find that I was just going about it wrong. This is life.

Powers will fix the issue and this will be a thread of the past. Clearly this thread has been full of more happy customers then unhappy and for those unhappy, I respect that and think if you cannot get satisfaction, you should send the cages back, get a refund and be done with it. No sense of being unhappy about it and making a major issue of it.

Always another cage builder.

I ride Powers. My team rides Powers. We have had no issues they were not williing to work with us on. Everyone has to give and take a little.

See you all at PsychoFest! June 12 and 13, 2004!!!
JAGMAN
Old 04-21-2004, 11:51 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

WINGMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a powers cage, and it didn't fit with my erion full race exhaust.
so just put stock headers on and called it a day. fits like a glove.
works pisser, i crashed it the other day on its side from straight up, and the cage just said...WHAT!!
Old 04-21-2004, 01:44 PM

Albgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Had a powers cage on for a little while and it took a couple of good hits on the right side but one day I was yanking on the left side in the garage, just moving hte bike around and the cage broke on me. The weld split on the rear mount and came apart. I pulled it apart and sent it back and they were great about getting me a new one. I just put the new one on last night but haven't had to test it yet. looks good so far.

Oh yeah, it was a bitch to mount up! Pry bars, straps a couple of winches and finally it made it.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:19 PM

Mayer-Z is an unknown quantity at this point

I just put a powers on my 98 gsxr600. I rode last sat for the first time in
9 mon after broken leg. My cage went on tuff but fits fine. It held up on
both sides from an ugly 12 crash. Thanks Powers.

Quick Reply: powers bike cages?