powers bike cages?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 02:27 PM

BUSA KILLER is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: powers bike cages?

Originally Posted by FearlessGeo
I KNOW THIS ISNT ABOUT THE CAGE BUT I BOUGHT SUZUKI FACTORY SLIDERS FOR MY 2002 GSXR 1000(when it was still in the showroom)
AND THE PLASTIC HAD TO BE CUT. BUT I DID WHAT HAD TO BE DONE.
AS FOR POWERS CAGES I THINK THEY ARE ONE OF THE BEST PRODUCTS GOING. EVERYONE HAS BUGS THAT NEED TO BE WORKED OUT. I AM SURE THEY ARE DOING THEIR BEST TO HELP YOU OUT.

you dont need to cut the plastic on the gsxr 1000 for sliders!!!!
Old 04-21-2004, 03:01 PM
WHEELIES "R" US

Jope is a decent person

Originally Posted by BUSA KILLER

on a 02 you do have to.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:04 PM

man I have an 02 in front of me. I put around a 100 sets on and never cut nothing. I don't know where you put yours but the must be in the wrong place
Old 04-21-2004, 03:08 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

man I have an 02 in front of me. I put around a 100 sets on and never cut nothing. I don't know where you put yours but the must be in the wrong place
Busa Killer...these guys are right..Unless you are using the frame saver extension for the left side (non exhaust)..which are alot weaker. But regular frame savers, you need to cut the left fairing as it covers the upper engine mount...

Been there and done that.....

Cheers
SK
Old 04-21-2004, 03:10 PM
WHEELIES "R" US

Jope is a decent person

I run a powers on my 03 gsxr 750 and don't have a problem with it so far.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bikentruck2.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	75475  
Old 04-21-2004, 03:12 PM
WHEELIES "R" US

Jope is a decent person

on the right side you don't have to cut anything but you do on the left side, unless you have the extension.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:08 PM

Albgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jope-K
on the right side you don't have to cut anything but you do on the left side, unless you have the extension.
Somebody bust out a pic for this guy.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:03 PM

X-treem C is an unknown quantity at this point

2 each his own, as far as what cage they like.

I now 4 a fact if anyone has a problem with powers products, they will work with you 2 fix the problem.

Me personaly have had nothing but good.

Everyone good luck with your cages.

www.powersbikeworx.com
Old 04-21-2004, 11:27 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough

i agree with chris and jagman ..... POWERS are always there to help. Other cage companies act like they give a ****, but then ironically they are nowhere to be found when you have a problem/issue ..... POWERS is always willing to help and work with you with whatever problem/issue/concern/question you have ..... their cages are the ****, and they are always making improvements because they care about their customers, and they care about their product. They are a full service welding company, and have been in business for quite some time now .... so you know they know FIRST HAND how to deal with customers and how to operate as a business ........................... and to those people that are bad mouthing POWERS: that's some childish and un-necessary ****. if you have an issue, take it up with POWERS, don't LEAP onto stuntlife talking **** about something that is probably your fault to begin with ... and if it's clearly not your fault, it'll get taken care of with no questions asked if you simply call up POWERS and tell em whats up ..... but no one wants to help you if you just run around talking smack without even trying to find a resolution first. All it does is make you look like an idiot, and helps NONE in getting your probloem solved .........
Old 04-21-2004, 11:42 PM
Extreme Action Images

FearlessGeo is an unknown quantity at this point

THE DEALER HAD TO FOR THE FACTORY SUZUKI SLIDERS.
This link is from the suzuki website. Or was Suzuki wrong???

Chassis Protectors were designed and developed by Team Yoshimura Suzuki to help protect the chassis from excessive damage. Kit comes complete with left and right side protectors plus all mounting hardware. Note: Left side fairing modification required on all GSX-R models except 2003 GSX-R1000.
Part #: 99950-70523-BLK

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Accessor...0-6cc2ad7c61c2
Old 04-21-2004, 11:52 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MEACHAM
i agree with chris and jagman ..... POWERS are always there to help. Other cage companies act like they give a ****, but then ironically they are nowhere to be found when you have a problem/issue ..... POWERS is always willing to help and work with you with whatever problem/issue/concern/question you have ..... their cages are the ****, and they are always making improvements because they care about their customers, and they care about their product. They are a full service welding company, and have been in business for quite some time now .... so you know they know FIRST HAND how to deal with customers and how to operate as a business ........................... and to those people that are bad mouthing POWERS: that's some childish and un-necessary ****. if you have an issue, take it up with POWERS, don't LEAP onto stuntlife talking **** about something that is probably your fault to begin with ... and if it's clearly not your fault, it'll get taken care of with no questions asked if you simply call up POWERS and tell em whats up ..... but no one wants to help you if you just run around talking smack without even trying to find a resolution first. All it does is make you look like an idiot, and helps NONE in getting your probloem solved .........
You can say that, but from what I've read from terrortekniks Powers have not been that way with him. Unless I skipped a post, he didn't really "bad mouth" them, but they seemed to of taken that attitude with him on the phone? I dunno, just my 2 cents.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:56 PM

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by inolen
You can say that, but from what I've read from terrortekniks Powers have not been that way with him. Unless I skipped a post, he didn't really "bad mouth" them, but they seemed to of taken that attitude with him on the phone? I dunno, just my 2 cents.
sorry dude, that aint the deal.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:59 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

How are you going to say that though man? Terror isn't saying "OMG THEY SUCK, **** THEM"; he seems to have legitimate issues and they are getting pissy because he made a post regarding/exposing his troubles. Why would he make up them telling him he has a bad attitude due to his post, etc?
Old 04-22-2004, 12:03 AM

Mi Xtremes Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point

Chris, Jag.. whom ever else.. i have talked with Powers numerous times.. no problems what so ever... very nice people, ( but wont share the model) and will work with anyone.( example) I had a friend call them that had bought a cage many many months ago.. broke at a weld after close to 150 crashes or so.. guess what... no questions asked, POWERS is sending him a new one..

I have not tried any other cages, only reason being, i watched someone flip thier bike at 35-40 mph at a scrape, bounced the living **** outta the bike several times. guess what, a friggin scratch on the cage, and that`s when i decided i was buying a powers... these people are here to help US( stunters) not screw us.. mark my words.. even after these posts.. you`ll still be worked with from them and still.. yet.. recieve a great deal. dude.. you short tempered or something??
Old 04-22-2004, 12:06 AM

How are you going to say that though man? Terror isn't saying "OMG THEY SUCK, **** THEM"; he seems to have legitimate issues and they are getting pissy because he made a post regarding/exposing his troubles. Why would he make up them telling him he has a bad attitude due to his post, etc?
first of all, I never said anyone's name or team name .... all I said was that anyone who is bad mouthing powers should hit them up and not talk about their issues in places where NOTHING can be done (like stuntlife) ..... **** breaking, not fitting, ect ect ect are all problems that shoud be taken up with whoever sold the product. Getting on here and talking about problems/issues with something, does nothing except give people false impressions about someone or some company ............. and what Im saying is that ITS UN-NECESSARY to do that
Old 04-22-2004, 12:07 AM

Well when you have problems with something obviously, and the manufacturer is insisting there are no problems, what else do you do? See if anyone else had the same problem would be my first idea as well...
Old 04-22-2004, 12:10 AM

Mi Xtremes Jeff is an unknown quantity at this point

true.. and so far i see no problems with anyone else.. just one person.. maybe and i did say MAYBE it was installed incorrectly.. i almost did that.. there`s extra hardware in there.. ****.. who knows.. **** fits perfect on mine.. no cutting plastic no pulling on ****.. bolt in go... maybe impatience is the problem... i used to be that way.. only took 20 mins to install the cage WTF
Old 04-22-2004, 12:21 AM
Extreme Action Images

FearlessGeo is an unknown quantity at this point

He was very rude to the woman at Powers, that is total disrespect!!! If you have issues you take it up with the company not post entries about issues. I know for a fact that Powers was trying to resolve his issue.
If anyone has ever spoke with anyone at Powers they are the nicest people to do business with. They bend over backwards to help people out.
His troubles sound like it was due to an aftermarket Erion Exhaust.
The cages are desinged with stock exhaust. Muzzy, Erion, Yoshi, none of those companies use the same exact bends on thier pipes, So it would be a nightmare to design all different cages for each exhaust.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:49 AM

you people don't know what the f your talking about. Yes powers is trying to work out the problem the first post just asked if any one else had a problem with it going on. It was not installed wrong. there was just miscomunication on that the cage cold not be installed properly with the erion headers you would have to put the stocks on. No problem. They have been on the phone and are working it out. They do make a great strong cage they just made a new style cage and it works great. There where some issues but the are taking care of it. Nobody was bad mouthing any one yet
Old 04-22-2004, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by FearlessGeo
He was very rude to the woman at Powers, that is total disrespect!!! If you have issues you take it up with the company not post entries about issues. I know for a fact that Powers was trying to resolve his issue.
If anyone has ever spoke with anyone at Powers they are the nicest people to do business with. They bend over backwards to help people out.
His troubles sound like it was due to an aftermarket Erion Exhaust.
The cages are desinged with stock exhaust. Muzzy, Erion, Yoshi, none of those companies use the same exact bends on thier pipes, So it would be a nightmare to design all different cages for each exhaust.
As for that you would probly be a little up set if you had recived the first cage and it did not fit. Then they sent us another cage that did not fit as well.

The problem has been figured out and is being taken care of

Quick Reply: powers bike cages?