how to fix tip over switch for good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 02:26 AM

2_nutty is an unknown quantity at this point
how to fix tip over switch for good?

my buddy has a 01 gsxr 750 and i have a 03 r1 where is the tip over switch located on either one? we wana fix them so when at twelve they dont stall out or when they fall over we can get them restarted and not crank and crank before it starts back up.. i know i read something before bout a check ball but i cant find the post please help me out thanks!!!
Old 04-11-2004, 10:25 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough
Re: how to fix tip over switch for good?

Originally Posted by 2_nutty
my buddy has a 01 gsxr 750 and i have a 03 r1 where is the tip over switch located on either one? we wana fix them so when at twelve they dont stall out or when they fall over we can get them restarted and not crank and crank before it starts back up.. i know i read something before bout a check ball but i cant find the post please help me out thanks!!!
i dont know where the old thread is, and Im not positive where the T/O switch is on the R6 ...... but on the 750, I can help you. -- the T/O switch is located in a small 1inch X 1inch box that is mounted in the VERY front of the rear fender (rider's seat and tank area) It has a rubber sleeve around it and it slides over two plastic hooks that stick out of the front of the fender. Unplug it and take it off ..... once you get it off the bike, you can open it up by removing the screws. once you get inside, it's pretty self explainitory .... you dont want the circular metal ring inside to touch any metal, or it will shut off ... most people either glue the ring in the middle (which is not touching metal) or they just fill the entire box up with blue glue ..... either way, your goal is the same ..... hope that helps ............. like i said, not 100% positive where it is on the yamaha, but it's gonna be a similar process ...