how did you guys get so good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 07:20 PM

palladin18 is an unknown quantity at this point
how did you guys get so good?

i am kinda new to the stunt game and i am in awww of some of you guys and the sh7t you pull on your dvds. there is just some tight stuff on this site and i am wondering what you guys did to get where you are today?

how many hours a week would you practice?

what stunts did you start with?

did someone help teach you or did you learn on your own?

what bikes did you learn on?

i am just really curious cause i just got my 1997 cbr f3 that some *** in a car totaled back with a salvaged title so i have a dedicated stunt bike and i am out there now getting as good as i can everyday.

thanks for all your help guys
Old 04-09-2004, 09:07 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve
Re: how did you guys get so good?

Originally Posted by palladin18
how many hours a week would you practice?

what stunts did you start with?

did someone help teach you or did you learn on your own?

what bikes did you learn on?

i am just really curious cause i just got my 1997 cbr f3 that some *** in a car totaled back with a salvaged title so i have a dedicated stunt bike and i am out there now getting as good as i can everyday.

thanks for all your help guys
First off, Im not any place close to being as good as most of these peeps on here. But I'll still give ya my advice or opinion. IM still in the same as you bro, but plan to put in some time in this season.

First, if you want to get on a level where your great. Its going to take many hours of practice. Thats the only way your going to get good. If you can find a spot where you wont get bothered, practice there as much as possible and as many hours as you can.(day or night).

Stunts you want to start with are the basics. Sitdown wheelies, then to stand ups. Burnouts, stoppies. Then once you get the hang of them, then you start and advance to the next level.

Right now Im learning on my own. Im hoping to ride with others that can help me learn some stuff or improve. It will help you learn alot more if you ride with people that can help you.

Right now Im learning on a 97 gsxr 600. I hate it, its a old **** box(lol)... But its going to have to make due for now. Your bike is a perfect bike to learn on. Not needed, but alot of people add sprockets. But you can learn the same thing on stock with maybe a little more effort.

Old 04-09-2004, 10:25 PM

RUSSZX9R is an unknown quantity at this point

I am 33, a few years ago, nothing mattered. Money, no problem, then I bought a house. Getting hurt no big deal, but after 200+ stiches 7-8 broke bones, hairline fracture in my skull, 3 breaks, same ankle, body doesnt respond as well. I use to bounce now I stick. And actually almost none of this was from bikes..........just other stupid sh*t.

If you want to stunt well. First, get your ***** aout of your mothers purse, then forget about what your bike will look like after you crash it. Ive learned, the body heals itself, but seeing your sh*t in a pile will bring you to tears.

Your biggest obsticle is mental. Twist the throttle. Tje good stunters are the one that dont care. As soon as you do there is a subconscious governor.

Ive cut off body parts with a saw and had them sewen back on. Ive F...ed myself up so bad that I had a hernia infect and had to carry a nut around in a sack cause it was the size of an orange. If fixed stuff that looked like like trash and rode it agian...not mine...knock on wood. I guess Im at a point that my will limits me sometimes.

Dont get me wrong. Got pulled over today, I thought I did nothing wrong. So I just got off my bike, next thing, hes got gun out etc.

I guess the 2nd gear, one handed wheelie waving to the chicks on spring break in the convert mustang....well there was a cop station across the street. SAo I still ride hard, but I cant get to where some of these guys are because I worry, If I get hurt, who runs my business?, pays my mortgage.

Dont be like that.

It will all work out.

Go out and twist it harder. Ride with guys better than you, dont be intimidated, just learn.

Ride hard......its the best fun Ive had since I lost my virginity.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:53 PM

KingWheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, it takes practice and persaverance. I've crashed a few times, doing wheelies and stuff, and almost crashed today praticing stoppies, but the only way to get better is to keep at it, and don't worry about your ride..it's gonna get ****ed up. Just let your ***** drop and your halfway there.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:12 AM

CBR up on one is an unknown quantity at this point

F3's rock (kinda). They are a tank and can take some abuse. The down side is the whopping 85 hp and the slim 445+ lb wet weight, but you can still rock it till the wheels fall off. That is what I learned/am learing on.

As far as practicing is concerned, once I was hell-bent on wanting to rock it, I was practicing anywhere from 1-3 hrs a day (learning 99% of it on my own) for 3-4 or so months. That got standups down, dragging, highchairs, and slow stuff. Stick with it and rock it.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:57 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

practice
Old 04-10-2004, 06:41 PM

J.C. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GSE Mike
practice
yep

:YEAH
Old 04-10-2004, 09:14 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

roadrash929 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RUSSZX9R
I am 33, a few years ago, nothing mattered. Money, no problem, then I bought a house. Getting hurt no big deal, but after 200+ stiches 7-8 broke bones, hairline fracture in my skull, 3 breaks, same ankle, body doesnt respond as well. I use to bounce now I stick. And actually almost none of this was from bikes..........just other stupid sh*t.

If you want to stunt well. First, get your ***** aout of your mothers purse, then forget about what your bike will look like after you crash it. Ive learned, the body heals itself, but seeing your sh*t in a pile will bring you to tears.

Your biggest obsticle is mental. Twist the throttle. Tje good stunters are the one that dont care. As soon as you do there is a subconscious governor.

Ive cut off body parts with a saw and had them sewen back on. Ive F...ed myself up so bad that I had a hernia infect and had to carry a nut around in a sack cause it was the size of an orange. If fixed stuff that looked like like trash and rode it agian...not mine...knock on wood. I guess Im at a point that my will limits me sometimes.

Dont get me wrong. Got pulled over today, I thought I did nothing wrong. So I just got off my bike, next thing, hes got gun out etc.

I guess the 2nd gear, one handed wheelie waving to the chicks on spring break in the convert mustang....well there was a cop station across the street. SAo I still ride hard, but I cant get to where some of these guys are because I worry, If I get hurt, who runs my business?, pays my mortgage.

Dont be like that.

It will all work out.

Go out and twist it harder. Ride with guys better than you, dont be intimidated, just learn.

Ride hard......its the best fun Ive had since I lost my virginity.
This guy smoking the chronic or what.. hahaha
Old 04-11-2004, 10:34 AM

Amateurboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ride with someone that you can learn from and help teach you. Practice everyday and start with the simple stuff like sit-down wheelies, burnouts, stoppies.