Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 12:00 AM

iwannagixxer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I went down Sunday the 21st

hey, glad you're okay.
Old 04-10-2004, 02:35 AM

Squidmark is an unknown quantity at this point

wow, Helmets save lives. The more stories I hear like this, makes me wear my helmet on almost all rides. Glad your still with us man, and hope you get back on 2 wheels soon. Keep that helmet in a case, and DONT wash the blood off.

btw. Good luck with the case, I dont see any reason why you wouldnt win.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:28 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

whoa. least ur not dead. Sue untill your tired of suiing! get rich!!
Old 04-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Registered Stunter

Metzger is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear you survived. But I gotta ask you, who's fault was it? Theirs because they tried to go across all the lanes? Or yours because you turned around?
Old 04-10-2004, 10:42 AM

Joes01R6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear you are making a strong recovery... A kid 16 year kid just died in my state on a quad, he also was not wearing a helmet. I have definetly been wearing my helmet more and more.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:52 PM

WickedRiderRich is a decent person

F@CKING peolpe cant drive worth of ****. glad to hear your still playen the game must have been scary as hell.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:15 PM
Kay

Kay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TempTagg
Glad to hear you survived. But I gotta ask you, who's fault was it? Theirs because they tried to go across all the lanes? Or yours because you turned around?
They gave me the ticket, but I ride with a state trooper and he said it should have been both are fault. My lawyer says even though I got the ticket it doesn't matter in court.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:18 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

roadrash929 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kay
My face hitting the inside of the helmet on impact. I went face first into the rear window of the honda element, shattering the rear window. The impact was so strong that it pushed my two front teeth in. I had cut on the inside and outside of my mouth and nose.
Gosh damn dude.. your story scares the **** outta me. I am glad youre all right well as good as you can be.. being alive is the best thing. Keep your head up..
Old 04-10-2004, 10:00 PM
Regular StuntLifer

FTPstunna is a decent person

Glad to hear u came out ok, u had someone watching over you. Are you riding again yet? If not, whatcha waitin for...?? O ya, good example why a helmet is your best friend!
Old 04-12-2004, 02:09 AM
Kay

Originally Posted by FTPstunna
Glad to hear u came out ok, u had someone watching over you. Are you riding again yet? If not, whatcha waitin for...?? O ya, good example why a helmet is your best friend!
I've rode my friend's 03 gixxer 1000 on Saturday. First bike I've ridden since the accident, not including my 50. I was riding it for about an hour or so just to see if I like it. I've got a guy willing to sell me one for a good price so I test rode my friends to see if I like it. Took it on the highway and even threw it up in 2nd gear to see if I still have it.

My other friend let me borrow his TL 1000 for the week while he's out of town. So I plan on riding it to work a couple day this week.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:25 AM

Larry L.O.X. is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear that you are still around to tell the story and not one of your buddies telling it

Damn good choice you made to wear your gear
Old 04-12-2004, 10:16 AM

nunu is an unknown quantity at this point

DAMN KAY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THAT...BUT I AM GLAD THAT YOU ARE OK..I WAS AT THE WAREHOUSE LIKE TWO FRI NIGHTS AGO AND I WAS WONDERING WHERE YOU BEEN...I WILL LET WILL AND THEM KNOW THAT YOU ARE OK.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Kay

Originally Posted by nunu
DAMN KAY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THAT...BUT I AM GLAD THAT YOU ARE OK..I WAS AT THE WAREHOUSE LIKE TWO FRI NIGHTS AGO AND I WAS WONDERING WHERE YOU BEEN...I WILL LET WILL AND THEM KNOW THAT YOU ARE OK.

Wud up Nunu! I told Will about it just the other day. You'll see me soon I'm trying to get an 03 gixxer 1000. I should have it in about a week or so.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:21 PM

Climat is an unknown quantity at this point

Scary ****!
Good you're ok.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:47 PM

_HellioN_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Eh man, glad to hear your okay. The same thing happened to me in January. Be glad you still have ur front teeth mine r gone. Just got new ones a coupla weeks ago. You should see my lid. From the visor down, it's gone. Busted my jaw, my teeth and my right arm. I'll throw down some pics of my lid n' my recovery some time this week. Nuttin nice man. I still have nightmares about the rear end of a 4runner, ya know?
heres to gittin back in the saddle man.

Originally Posted by Kay
For those that do not know already I went down on the 21st of March really bad. I was going to South Beach with 10 other riders. Heading down 95 south there was a car more than 4 car lengths ahead in the hov lane. It had it's hazzard light on. I remember seeing that. I was the lead bike in the right lane next to the hov lane. I turned around to signal everyone behind me that a cop was a came on the highway. As I was signaling the car with the came over into my lane. I turned back around and that's all I remember.... I woke up that night in the trama unit of Jackson Memorial Hospital. My friend that was riding behind me told me what happened later.

The car which was a honda element had a flat tire and was driving in the hov lane at 15 mph. Instead of pulling over in the emergancy lane the person was trying to get off the highway. They cut over into my lane and the car in front of me had to swear out of the way because it was going so slow. When I hit it the car was at a dead spot as it was trying to cut over all the lanes to get off the next exit. I was doing about 50 mph when I turned back around and the car was less than 10 feet in front of me. My friend said I lock the brakes, the bike then hit the rear of the car sending me into the rear window head first. I shattered the window with my face and then fell to the ground. My friend said he was the first person to me and I was laying in a pool of blood. He said I was moning and my eyes were rolled into the back of my head. He also told me that I was bleeding out of my nose and mouth and I kept choking on my blood as I tried to breath. Just from holding me he said he was covered in my blood.

Now this the part that really had me realize how lucky I am. While he was holding me, I wasn't reponding to anything anyone said, but he knew I was alive because I was blowing bubbles from the blood out of my nose everytime I took a breath. After sometime he said I stopped shaking and shortly after the bubbles stopped and I stopped breathing. He thought I died in his hands at that time. Some women in the crowd surrounding me saw that and started crying as they thought the same thing.

I woke up at the hospital that night in a neck brace and the first thing I did was wiggle my fingers and tows just to see if I lost any. Remarkable, I didn't break any bones and after I took a cat scan they released me from the hospital 3am that morning. Now there was a person across from me in the trama unit that fell on a 4 wheeler with no helmet on. He died while I was in there. The nurse told me he wasn't wearing his helmet and they tried everyhing but could not bring him back. I heard when the doctor pronounced him dead. If it wasn't for my helmet it would have been me
Old 04-12-2004, 03:56 PM
Kay

Originally Posted by _HellioN_
Eh man, glad to hear your okay. The same thing happened to me in January. Be glad you still have ur front teeth mine r gone. Just got new ones a coupla weeks ago. You should see my lid. From the visor down, it's gone. Busted my jaw, my teeth and my right arm. I'll throw down some pics of my lid n' my recovery some time this week. Nuttin nice man. I still have nightmares about the rear end of a 4runner, ya know?
heres to gittin back in the saddle man.

That sounds crazy! Everyone's tell me that I'm lucky for not braking any bones or anything. I'm sure I was very close to it. Let me know when you post those pics. I want to see them.