Crash Cages

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 10:02 PM

pussycat can only hope to improve
Re: Crash Cages

HEY TIM THE FACTS ARE AS FOLOWS:

Dude harley and other bikes in the world wars had cages on them and obviously had put down a PATENT PENDING on that aswell, did you check with them ??????????i think not, before you or your companie it had been done, in 99 where were you ? i seem to remember watching the stunt finals from the U.K and noticing that they all had roll or crash cages on, and they werent arguing over anything .
BUt hey you can try and knock out all the other companies out there and not give anybody a chance. GOOD FOR YOU .

oh and by the way im not knocking you , your company is really good , i just prefer 905RACING.have a nice day.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:51 PM

F.I. Greg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TIM @ P.O.B.
FREESTYLE INGENUITY

Well, First it is important for everyone to know what they are talking about and you gentlemen have made it painfully obvious you don't.

The letter that was sent to the cage makers was to put them on notice that we have patents pending and there cages could be infringing on our patent rights. IT WAS NOT LEGAL ACTION. That letter was asking these companies to respect our right as well as. encouraged these companies to contact us to set up as dealers.

I have spoke with Aaron From 905 in the past about setting up as a dealer with us and the cages that we had not made yet we would send people to him to have built, thus increasing his sales on both ends and he chose not to do that. So it would be greatly appreciated if you fellows would not slander people until you have the facts. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Thanks
Tim Barnes
817-713-7948
www.freestyleingenuity.com
Old 04-06-2004, 10:53 PM

It is not a roll or crash cage that is as much patentable as it is the intellectual right to a unique idea such as a protective cage for streetbikes. I don't believe anyone out there has been treated like as you put it " a punk". I would like for other companies to come up with there own unique ideas and leave ours alone but as we have seen that is not going to happen.

To address the quality of our cages. The other cages you see out there where among my first designs and they had design flaws that where greater than the cages you have come to know. There has been many changes in our materials and designs since the begining and problems whether you are a pro or novice have all but ceased. Although nothing is perfect, we do have the best and will continue to grow the company dispite the hatred you and others may have for me or my company.

The funny thing is if you knew me and my character along with the trouble I go through to make the product better your attitude would be totaly different.

In closing, I can't understand how me trying to protect my company has become everyones business but if your going to publicly slander me at least call and get both sides so your judgment is not biased.

Thanks
Tim Barnes
817-713-7948
www.freestyleingenuity.com
Old 04-07-2004, 12:01 AM
Extreme Action Images

FearlessGeo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gsxr7502001
this is a quote from the letter I received:

"Freestyle demands that your company cease and desist from making and selling unauthorized engine cages. freestyle is willing to discuss a dealer arangement to sell authorized cages."

at least to me it sounds like he demands that i stop making cages and that the cages i make are in fact illegal and a violation of a patent. i also have a patent pending by the way. luckily i have an attorney and understand my rights.

if you break the letter down piece by piece you will understand that you are authorized to sell cages but not cages that violate patent rights that freestyle have(which at this moment are none because they only have a patent pending). however, you cant say that freestyle isnt using scare tactics when my product is obviously no where near the same design of freestyle. this is the last piece of info i will release to the public.

and tim if you want to contact me about selling your cages give me a call: 909-212-7400 jeff
?????
Old 04-07-2004, 12:05 AM

I have witnessed a lot of inaccurate threads started on this site because of heresay, rumor, or somebody's just mad at Joe Blow and wants to start trouble for him/her many times. People constantly slander others without the facts. The sale of Cages,12-Bars,Swing arm spools, and bar end caps, is our only source of income. This is what we do for a living. We don't have a motorcycle or auto shop. We are a stand alone company and this is the only business Freestyle Ingenuity Inc. has, to pay our bills. I can say honestly that Tim Barnes is the most **** person I know about how his product fits and protects the bikes they are installed on. If there are any questions anyone has, please call or email us.

Greg Helsel
Freestyle Ingenuity, Inc.
817-205-7654

Tim Barnes
Freestyle Ingenuity, Inc. Owner
817-713-7948

E-mail info@freestyleingenuity.com
Old 04-07-2004, 12:31 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, so is this a..lets just make shure no one is infringing on our design thing, or is it all cages in general???because you are just making shure no one infringes on your design, thats understandable. please give detail...
Old 04-07-2004, 12:38 AM

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GSE Mike
I guess you also believe everything you, hear on radio, see on tv, or read in the paper.

Thats bs, Freestlye Ingenutiy tried to treat the competion like punks. F I thought they could scare other companies out of making cages. Cages have been made since the early 1900s. There is nothing F I can do at this point. They will just have to understand. The pros can DEAL with an F I cage because it nevers hits the ground, but for a amatuer, well they need SOLID protection that last. As opposed to 2 or 3 hits.
i dont beleive everything i hear, but up untill a couple hours after tim posted, no one posted a letter they received or any proof, it was all hear say. and i agree with you on the amatures needing solid protection that is affordable, i always wanted a FI cage, i liked the out of your ****in way, design. i just cant afford one. so now i just said to hell with it, im building my own, between me and the 3 other guys in the group with welding degrees, im shure our **** will hold up when i pankake the ****. hell, i got to see first hand exactly how a bike hits the ground when a 5 mph 12 goes bad. i wont sell them , but i will make them for the guys in my crew.the steel to build a complete cage, a good solid cage only costs me $17.82. and it will only take about 3 hours for 2 guys to fabricate and build. the steel for the 12 bar i made was $3.87. and it took me 30 min to fabricate, weld, and install. i really dont see how anyone charges what they do for this stuff.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:22 AM
Extreme Action Images

FearlessGeo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the information. This wasn't supposed to be a product bashing.
As for the last post I would never post a legal letter on here.
Thank you.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:46 AM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by bill parr
i wont sell them , but i will make them for the guys in my crew.the steel to build a complete cage, a good solid cage only costs me $17.82. and it will only take about 3 hours for 2 guys to fabricate and build. the steel for the 12 bar i made was $3.87. and it took me 30 min to fabricate, weld, and install. i really dont see how anyone charges what they do for this stuff.

Damn it bill, I want a $17.82 cents, plus a case of beer(for labor-lol) for a cage I need something so I can get serious. Finding parts for a 97 GSXR for a decent price is ahrd to do.

Hook a brotha up y0
Old 04-07-2004, 10:56 AM

GSE CHRIS is an unknown quantity at this point

It is not a roll or crash cage that is as much patentable as it is the intellectual right to a unique idea such as a protective cage for streetbikes. I don't believe anyone out there has been treated like as you put it " a punk". I would like for other companies to come up with there own unique ideas and leave ours alone but as we have seen that is not going to happen.

To address the quality of our cages. The other cages you see out there where among my first designs and they had design flaws that where greater than the cages you have come to know. There has been many changes in our materials and designs since the begining and problems whether you are a pro or novice have all but ceased. Although nothing is perfect, we do have the best and will continue to grow the company dispite the hatred you and others may have for me or my company.

The funny thing is if you knew me and my character along with the trouble I go through to make the product better your attitude would be totaly different.

In closing, I can't understand how me trying to protect my company has become everyones business but if your going to publicly slander me at least call and get both sides so your judgment is not biased.

Thanks
Tim Barnes
817-713-7948
\

mike and i talk to aron day in and day out about this to get the facts
so your not telling everyone the truth

and as mike put it you treated people like punks well it is true because i experenced you treating me like a punk first hand
dont start getting upset with my team cause you built your bridges and now your burning them how stupid is that

wake up dude you are no one in this sport bro
all you can do is make a shitty cage
and charge way too much for it

so if you people want to buy a real cage
my first choise would be 905 and if i was not able to get one of them i would go with powerworxx cages
Old 04-07-2004, 11:46 AM

90Fizzal is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said ***** Cat!!! Very True
Old 04-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

I support Tim at FI...if you were him, you would do the same.

and to all you GSE boys who have ranted on this thread: you guys sound like asses the way you post on this thread....maybe you should take the ship off your shoulder and get off your knees. hate FI and love whoever, i don't care, but stop slandering people, it makes your somewhat valid point obscured by your child-like postings.

i don't know you from bob, and i have no probs with you or whoever esle you do whatever with...but tim is a friend of mine, and i don't appreciate the words you are using. anyone can talk poop, just back up what you say

Peach
Old 04-07-2004, 03:55 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point

To me, this isn't about who's cage is better and all that ****, it is about business ethics. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I gathered from reading the earilier posts. FI is stealing the idea of a crash cage from Harley because they are trying to patent an idea which Harley has already been using for many years. Next, instead of only using the patent to protect their *** form companies making similar cages, FI is trying to form a monopoly by demanding that their competition stops building crash cages because of the patent which they have no right to (and don't have yet). To me this is shitty business that ultimately hurts the stunters. If they wanted to help stunters, FI would encourage competition.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:42 PM

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6

and to all you GSE boys who have ranted on this thread: you guys sound like asses the way you post on this thread....maybe you should take the ship off your shoulder and get off your knees. hate FI and love whoever, i don't care, but stop slandering people, it makes your somewhat valid point obscured by your child-like postings.

i don't know you from bob, and i have no probs with you or whoever esle you do whatever with...but tim is a friend of mine, and i don't appreciate the words you are using. anyone can talk poop, just back up what you say

Peach

if your blinded by your friendship,well thats your problem.

The TRUTH is I don't know TIM or any individual at Freestlye Ingenuity. There for my opinon is non-bias.

The fact is that Freestlye Ingenuity has tried to make a buisness out of a fun sport. That was his mistake, if he would have done it for the riders, then he might still have a respectable product. I think it all boils down to F. I. being too greedy.

Tim, if you would have worked with the people who first bought your cage than maybe things would be different. THIS is the main difference from FI to 905. Arron isn't all about profits. When I first talked to him , before anybody on here knew about the cage, he said he wanted to "help riders progress".

He thinks about the riders, unlike F I , who thinks of only profit.

Tell me, FI, how can you justify selling a cage to a beginner who goes and slames it 2 or 3 times, I MEAN SLAM not a drop. When this person calls you and says" this **** broke in like a week" and you ask for more money.

I'm not wasting my time typing because I hate FI........Im being honest....Now F.I. should be honest.. Tell us why you changed design Excatly, was it cost? Personally I would think you would have tested both designs.

There is no way No WAY that in testing the FI design would be more solid than the Racing 905 design.IF im wrong i have no problem admiting it.

Im not trying to **** anybody off , I just want to see the truth.

Btw,
Old 04-07-2004, 06:22 PM

J.C. is an unknown quantity at this point

if your blinded by your friendship,well thats your problem.

The TRUTH is I don't know TIM or any individual at Freestlye Ingenuity. There for my opinon is non-bias.

The fact is that Freestlye Ingenuity has tried to make a buisness out of a fun sport. That was his mistake, if he would have done it for the riders, then he might still have a respectable product. I think it all boils down to F. I. being too greedy.

Tim, if you would have worked with the people who first bought your cage than maybe things would be different. THIS is the main difference from FI to 905. Arron isn't all about profits. When I first talked to him , before anybody on here knew about the cage, he said he wanted to "help riders progress".

He thinks about the riders, unlike F I , who thinks of only profit.

Tell me, FI, how can you justify selling a cage to a beginner who goes and slames it 2 or 3 times, I MEAN SLAM not a drop. When this person calls you and says" this **** broke in like a week" and you ask for more money.

I'm not wasting my time typing because I hate FI........Im being honest....Now F.I. should be honest.. Tell us why you changed design Excatly, was it cost? Personally I would think you would have tested both designs.

There is no way No WAY that in testing the FI design would be more solid than the Racing 905 design.IF im wrong i have no problem admiting it.

Im not trying to **** anybody off , I just want to see the truth.

Btw,
i have a new fi cage and i have crashed alot with it on the right and left side and it held up great
Old 04-07-2004, 09:04 PM

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by J.C.
i have a new fi cage and i have crashed alot with it on the right and left side and it held up great

Are you willing to put it to the test?

Chris' 929 w/905 cage Vs Jc's 929 w/ F I cage.

This could end all rumors
Old 04-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve

Thats what Im talking about. I know this isnt a this cage is better debate. But I thought this was suppose to happen before, all the cages out was suppose to be put to a test.

I've talked to Tim, and I've talked to Aaron. Both seem to be stand up guys in my eyes. I wish it didnt have to come down to something like this. But if it does, I guess people are going to have to do what they gotta do...
Old 04-07-2004, 10:44 PM

nos96f22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by F.I. Greg
I have witnessed a lot of inaccurate threads started on this site because of heresay, rumor, or somebody's just mad at Joe Blow and wants to start trouble for him/her many times. People constantly slander others without the facts. The sale of Cages,12-Bars,Swing arm spools, and bar end caps, is our only source of income. This is what we do for a living. We don't have a motorcycle or auto shop. We are a stand alone company and this is the only business Freestyle Ingenuity Inc. has, to pay our bills. I can say honestly that Tim Barnes is the most **** person I know about how his product fits and protects the bikes they are installed on. If there are any questions anyone has, please call or email us.

Greg Helsel
Freestyle Ingenuity, Inc.
817-205-7654

Tim Barnes
Freestyle Ingenuity, Inc. Owner
817-713-7948

E-mail info@freestyleingenuity.com

if thats all youll do for a living than you need to come up with some more ideas and product... no madder what youll make somone will find away to make it better...thats apart of business and life....a good company will just find a way to make there product better and apeal to the consumer so they will buy it from them...welcome to the business world... trying to demand that somone else stop making cages is just gona get you hated..point blank... i dont know you guys but youll seem like you have a nice product... if youll continue to sell quility parts then youll will still make your money....but youll cant expect people to not want a piece of the bread too...thats part of life
Old 04-07-2004, 11:22 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TEACH C6

Peach
You hit the nail on the head. From their posts you'd think GSE was held down and penetrated in every orrifice by F.I.'s extented frame sliders w/ replacable delrin sliders (ahem, INDUSTRY FIRST!), at the hand of none other than Tim Barnes. But to those of us that know Tim, you know he is a family man who is serious about his business.

And as far as this Harley issue goes, I believe F.I.'s point is that they were the FIRST to offer cages for sportbikes. F.I.'s cages not only protect the engine and other vunerable components, but also the $2-3k in body work. If you can tell me you've seen a crash cage on a full fairing sportbike previous to that of F.I.'s post a pic, link, or something that will end a lot of BS, which is all this thread is.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:07 AM

J.C. is an unknown quantity at this point

ya when we do that we can put our shins to the test 2

Quick Reply: Crash Cages