Crash Cages

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 06:19 PM

tlittle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Crash Cages

HAHAHAHAHA! What a load of crap!
Old 04-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

for a company/person that has been around the "sport" for a while...wtf?!? unless he wants to **** everyone off and give them another reason to not buy his product..my boy went down yesterday doing circles highsided it and ended up breaking the mount right off the motor (900RR).. don't be so bitter update/redesign your product and deal w/ it..it's capitalism plain and simple..this will never hold up in court
Old 04-05-2004, 07:51 PM

a56kuser is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dohcsideSi
for a company/person that has been around the "sport" for a while...wtf?!? unless he wants to **** everyone off and give them another reason to not buy his product..my boy went down yesterday doing circles highsided it and ended up breaking the mount right off the motor (900RR).. don't be so bitter update/redesign your product and deal w/ it..it's capitalism plain and simple..this will never hold up in court
does anyone here put foam or piping insulation on the inner part of their cages??? i have some left over from the ones i put on my windscreen , just wonderin if its a good idea or not.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:53 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ryanaka99cents is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by a56kuser
does anyone here put foam or piping insulation on the inner part of their cages??? i have some left over from the ones i put on my windscreen , just wonderin if its a good idea or not.
I just put my 905 on and i've smacked my shin about 20x's with it. bou the only place i'd put the foam is where the cage connects to the bottom rear motor mount
Old 04-05-2004, 08:32 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ryanaka99cents
I just put my 905 on and i've smacked my shin about 20x's with it. bou the only place i'd put the foam is where the cage connects to the bottom rear motor mount
i'd much rather break a motor mount than a shin
Old 04-05-2004, 08:40 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by XRodgCC
i'd much rather break a motor mount than a shin
It takes like 10 mins to get use to.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:01 PM

ryanaka99cents is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by inolen
It takes like 10 mins to get use to.
oh i'm sure it will, i just haven't been able to go out on it for hours at a time, the weather still too shitty for that
Old 04-06-2004, 12:06 AM

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

i know that its all a matter of personal preference, then why shouldnt we have a choice in what we can buy??? didnt they just make bill gates break up micro soft b/c he had the monopoly on pc ****?? why should anyone be allowed to have the entire corner on the buisness, a persons got to make a buck, but so does the next guy....anyone feelin me on this?????
Old 04-06-2004, 11:32 AM

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by COTTEN
im pretty sure the patent is pending.....so you do the math....
thats the thing that pisses me off the most. they have a patent PENDING. they dont have rights to **** but are trying to enforce them. once they have a patent then they can start sending out letters. but right now they are basically using scare tactics.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:08 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

Bottom line is you cannot take monlopoly of the market and not offer consumers only 1 product. Open competition is fair, and offers consumers competitive pricing and a varitey of quality products. As long as it is not an exact copy of the FI design then there is no chance for legal action.

While I'm posting, F.I. DID NOT invent the idea of having steel bars mounted to the frame to protect engine damage in event of a crash. I don't know who or what company did, but they have been a dealer option on harley davidsons for many many years . . . . so Fuuck F.I. and the creep that owns them.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:57 PM

ive met a couple of the guys in passing and at last years sl competition, they are far from creeps, im very surprised at the way this is being handled with the patent and all and was kind of hoping one of them would post there side of the story so we can get there perspective of it. bottom line is no actual proof has been posted here of legal action either way, someone post a copy of a letter sent to them, PLEASE!!! so we can all make shure this is not all hear say and maybe get a solid answer from the guys at FI and find out exactly whats going on b4 we all start ruining there buisness. im not siding with them or anyone for that matter, BUT YOU ALL KNOW HOW FAR WORD OF MOUTH GOES FROM A BUISNESS PERSPECTIVE. it would be really refreshing to have the guys at FI or even shuggs post up to let us get the whole story. so why doesnt someone who can get ahold of shuggs or tim ask them to post and let us know whats up???
Old 04-06-2004, 01:15 PM
P.O.B. Rider and F.I. Owner

TIM @ P.O.B. is an unknown quantity at this point

FREESTYLE INGENUITY

Well, First it is important for everyone to know what they are talking about and you gentlemen have made it painfully obvious you don't.

The letter that was sent to the cage makers was to put them on notice that we have patents pending and there cages could be infringing on our patent rights. IT WAS NOT LEGAL ACTION. That letter was asking these companies to respect our right as well as. encouraged these companies to contact us to set up as dealers.

I have spoke with Aaron From 905 in the past about setting up as a dealer with us and the cages that we had not made yet we would send people to him to have built, thus increasing his sales on both ends and he chose not to do that. So it would be greatly appreciated if you fellows would not slander people until you have the facts. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Thanks
Tim Barnes
817-713-7948
Old 04-06-2004, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by TIM @ P.O.B.
FREESTYLE INGENUITY

Well, First it is important for everyone to know what they are talking about and you gentlemen have made it painfully obvious you don't.

The letter that was sent to the cage makers was to put them on notice that we have patents pending and there cages could be infringing on our patent rights. IT WAS NOT LEGAL ACTION. That letter was asking these companies to respect our right as well as. encouraged these companies to contact us to set up as dealers.

I have spoke with Aaron From 905 in the past about setting up as a dealer with us and the cages that we had not made yet we would send people to him to have built, thus increasing his sales on both ends and he chose not to do that. So it would be greatly appreciated if you fellows would not slander people until you have the facts. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Thanks
Tim Barnes
817-713-7948
RESPECT. now we know whats up, no more speculation. thank you tim for your response.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:14 PM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

Thats all you had to say . . . .
Old 04-06-2004, 03:28 PM

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bill parr
RESPECT. now we know whats up, no more speculation. thank you tim for your response.
I guess you also believe everything you, hear on radio, see on tv, or read in the paper.

Thats bs, Freestlye Ingenutiy tried to treat the competion like punks. F I thought they could scare other companies out of making cages. Cages have been made since the early 1900s. There is nothing F I can do at this point. They will just have to understand. The pros can DEAL with an F I cage because it nevers hits the ground, but for a amatuer, well they need SOLID protection that last. As opposed to 2 or 3 hits.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:23 PM

MotoTrix is an unknown quantity at this point

Interests: staring at rainbows??????
Old 04-06-2004, 07:43 PM

-MXD- is an unknown quantity at this point

this is a quote from the letter I received:

"Freestyle demands that your company cease and desist from making and selling unauthorized engine cages. freestyle is willing to discuss a dealer arangement to sell authorized cages."

at least to me it sounds like he demands that i stop making cages and that the cages i make are in fact illegal and a violation of a patent. i also have a patent pending by the way. luckily i have an attorney and understand my rights.

if you break the letter down piece by piece you will understand that you are authorized to sell cages but not cages that violate patent rights that freestyle have(which at this moment are none because they only have a patent pending). however, you cant say that freestyle isnt using scare tactics when my product is obviously no where near the same design of freestyle. this is the last piece of info i will release to the public.

and tim if you want to contact me about selling your cages give me a call: 909-212-7400 jeff
Old 04-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Extreme Action Images

FearlessGeo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ryanaka99cents
BIKEWORX cages don't need foam. They enhanced their product. :YEAH My shins only get hit when my chic kicks me.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by GSE Mike
I guess you also believe everything you, hear on radio, see on tv, or read in the paper.

Thats bs, Freestlye Ingenutiy tried to treat the competion like punks. F I thought they could scare other companies out of making cages. Cages have been made since the early 1900s. There is nothing F I can do at this point. They will just have to understand. The pros can DEAL with an F I cage because it nevers hits the ground, but for a amatuer, well they need SOLID protection that last. As opposed to 2 or 3 hits.
It is not a roll or crash cage that is as much patentable as it is the intellectual right to a unique idea such as a protective cage for streetbikes. I don't believe anyone out there has been treated like as you put it " a punk". I would like for other companies to come up with there own unique ideas and leave ours alone but as we have seen that is not going to happen.

To address the quality of our cages. The other cages you see out there where among my first designs and they had design flaws that where greater than the cages you have come to know. There has been many changes in our materials and designs since the begining and problems whether you are a pro or novice have all but ceased. Although nothing is perfect, we do have the best and will continue to grow the company dispite the hatred you and others may have for me or my company.

The funny thing is if you knew me and my character along with the trouble I go through to make the product better your attitude would be totaly different.

In closing, I can't understand how me trying to protect my company has become everyones business but if your going to publicly slander me at least call and get both sides so your judgment is not biased.

Thanks
Tim Barnes
817-713-7948
Old 04-06-2004, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by TIM @ P.O.B.
FREESTYLE INGENUITY

Thanks
Tim Barnes
817-713-7948
These are the facts that can't be argued.

Quick Reply: Crash Cages