organizing lakeland

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 07:18 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
organizing lakeland

Here's the deal:
Roy (the owner) has told us that he will let us ride again. But, a system must be worked out first.
This thread is intended for any rider who wants to ride at lakeland ever again,because without everybodys co-operation, Nobody will. Its going to cost. Roy has to hire a person to sit at the entrance.

Anybody care to help GET BACK LAKELAND?
Old 03-12-2004, 07:58 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
Re: organizing lakeland

Why dont yall start a lakeland locals commitee and designate some responsibilities amongst yourselves

Then yall can handle it how you see fit, plus you guys know when events are coming and when yall want to ride, which means that yall will know who is going there all the time.

better than any employee that roy can hire, and cheaper
Old 03-12-2004, 08:44 PM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

Tony D is an unknown quantity at this point

:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
Why dont yall start a lakeland locals commitee and designate some responsibilities amongst yourselves

Then yall can handle it how you see fit, plus you guys know when events are coming and when yall want to ride, which means that yall will know who is going there all the time.

Old 03-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Regular StuntLifer

SPDI is an unknown quantity at this point

:YEAH :YEAH
Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas

Old 03-12-2004, 08:58 PM

We need to make a schedule

How many people ride during the week? How many on weekend?
Saturdays will be from 7am to 3 pm .
Sundays are open when theres is no events.
M-F im not sure.

Who is in for what ? Once i have a rough idea of when people want to ride. Then we can go to Roy and give him an idea. And make a Practice schedule. Lets think short term March-August. Post some dates U want to ride at lakeland and well go from there. Imput from all riders whould help.

Thanks
mike
Old 03-12-2004, 10:41 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

I say we keep this private and work everything out with Roy and then post the "Official" details once organized. Let's try and set a meeting with him next week and come up with an agenda.

More than likely a once a year "membership" fee would work out the best for both parties. This way once you pay your $50 yearly membership you will be going over the rules and signing the waiver at the same time. Lets face it, stuntwars IS Roys most profitable event hands down. One of those two way situations.....don't bite the hand that feeds you. I don't think he would want too jeapordize that gig in any way. Once we present a good way for him to regulate who is out there at all times I am sure he will not argue with it too much.

So lets push the yearly membership idea and see what he says to that. This way if you do not have proof that you paid this due then you are basically not welcome to ride out there. This protects Roy and the ones that ride out there on a weekly basis as well.

About two years ago the only ones that had access to the track was us and Evasive Actions. At some point after that it became an open session to all...that will soon end. I will see if Colbert will talk to him as well about this idea.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:15 AM

NBSTUNTERZdave is an unknown quantity at this point

<---weekends, i miss riding there with you all. make it work and count me in on helping out!!!!!!

dave
Old 03-13-2004, 05:05 AM

JONESER is a decent person

Originally Posted by RedlineJimmy
I say we keep this private and work everything out with Roy and then post the "Official" details once organized. Let's try and set a meeting with him next week and come up with an agenda.

More than likely a once a year "membership" fee would work out the best for both parties. This way once you pay your $50 yearly membership you will be going over the rules and signing the waiver at the same time. Lets face it, stuntwars IS Roys most profitable event hands down. One of those two way situations.....don't bite the hand that feeds you. I don't think he would want too jeapordize that gig in any way. Once we present a good way for him to regulate who is out there at all times I am sure he will not argue with it too much.

So lets push the yearly membership idea and see what he says to that. This way if you do not have proof that you paid this due then you are basically not welcome to ride out there. This protects Roy and the ones that ride out there on a weekly basis as well.

About two years ago the only ones that had access to the track was us and Evasive Actions. At some point after that it became an open session to all...that will soon end. I will see if Colbert will talk to him as well about this idea.
Jimmy, that sounds like a good idea, but what if a few guys from outta state come into town to ride with you guys for a week or so? I don't see why they would have to pay an annual membership and how do they arrange things to ride just for that week or so?
There are a few guy's that just pop in for a few days...Ya know their gonna want to ride out there...How will that work?
I'm just tryin' to cover some angles..
Old 03-13-2004, 09:01 AM
Regular StuntLifer

seth is an unknown quantity at this point

It wouldn't bother me any to pay an annual fee. I just want to be able to ride there again. :YEAH
Old 03-13-2004, 09:54 AM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

Originally Posted by JONESER
Jimmy, that sounds like a good idea, but what if a few guys from outta state come into town to ride with you guys for a week or so? I don't see why they would have to pay an annual membership and how do they arrange things to ride just for that week or so?
There are a few guy's that just pop in for a few days...Ya know their gonna want to ride out there...How will that work?
I'm just tryin' to cover some angles..
If that happens somebody that paid their dues has to be out there. If not then they have to leave or call some local to come out there. This way somebody is there to help keep things in order and be held liable. That way if something were to happen all blame would fall on that one person(s). Honestly, I could care less at this point if people can ride on the track from out of state or not. My main focus is to get our privliages back first. Then work out all the other minor little details.

There are only 4 weeks out of the year were that would ever come into play. They include: Stuntwars (January), Bikeweek (March), StuntFest (May), & Biketoberfest (October). I'm sure that we can come up with some sort of plan or arrangement for those 4 weeks.

My main days at Lakeland are every Wednesday, Friday, & sometimes on Sat or Sun.

*** Shugga...feel free to move this to the Florida forum so we don't bore all the others with this gabage.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:24 PM

201 views and 9 replies.

I guess people just care about wrecking spots

The streets and lots are the only option now.

Thanks
mike
Old 03-13-2004, 02:25 PM
I'm Getting Used to Posting

tbone750 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see anything wrong with a yearly ride fee, it should maybe even be more than $50. I have ridden there several time's, and I was looking forward to start going more often after my surgery heal's up. I think that we should consider ourselves very lucky having that place to ride at, and all you to do is obey a few simple rule's. Is all of the fee going to the owner? If so this should help with a few more trash can's, and possibly help pay for someone to be at the track (from the track) during those special time's when there will be a large amount of people.
Possibly when you pay your track fee a photo copy of your D/L get's put on file, and those people get a key to the locked gate. The track waiver could be in a small drop box in the timing ticket shack down where we ride. Also, when I used to ride mountain bike's we used to bring shovel's and rake's to fix up the trail's we rode on. Perhap's this is something we may need to think about to groom the track and clean up after ourselves there. Maybe a bag of oil dry in the timing ticket shack.
I agree with Jimmy, this should probably be worked out between the original's who struck the deal with the owner and the owner.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:33 PM

GrCh35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GSE Mike
201 views and 9 replies.

I guess people just care about wrecking spots

The streets and lots are the only option now.

Thanks
mike
You guys seem to be pulling together, that's great. DSOG Thomas has a good point with putting together a lakeland locals commitee. My suggestion would be a mothly membership fee and 1 guest per member with the same privileges
as the member and the member assumes all responsibilities for his guest. Good luck with all this.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:19 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

Kevin the track manager posted in the original thread here.........Click Here.....

Still kind of sucks that we are being limited to certain days, however something is better than nothing at this point. Maybe once we follow these set policies and no more incidents occur things can go back to normal for the locals...only time will tell at this point.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:27 PM

I Just Talk To Roy,

Saturdays Only. 8am To 3 Pm.
$5 A Day.
Sundays Are Good When There Is No Event.

End Of Story.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Debating another bike...

Johnny Kula is an unknown quantity at this point

I was hoping to spend these days at lakeland, and others of course if anyone else was going to be out there with me:

Friday all day
Saturday all day
Sunday all day

and I am off during the days, so if Jimmy was going to be there on Wednesdays, I'd probably head out there and ride with him, etc...I'm up for every day if theres someone else going out there!

I am definitely up for paying a small fee or even a yearly fee. But unfortunately, I think the real problem is going to be when the bike weeks and special events come around and people are going to expect to be riding there or others expecting to bring their friends, etc...that's where the problems are going to come into play. When the locals spend time there, we usually take care of the track, and are very attentive to Roys details or track details.

Let me know though, I'm in for anything, I just wanna ride and have some fun together SAFELY and LEGALLY!!!

Thanks Guys,
Johnny
Old 03-13-2004, 08:40 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

Originally Posted by GSE Mike
I Just Talk To Roy,

Saturdays Only. 8am To 3 Pm.
$5 A Day.
Sundays Are Good When There Is No Event.

End Of Story.

I'm Meeting With Roy Saturday Morning.
This won't work for 95% of the riders.

Questions:

- How many people actually wake up that early?
- Will it be worth it to have someone man the gate for only 1-5 local riders?
- Is this "really" a logical solution for "Both" parties?

Concerns:

- Sundays won't work as 60% of the time events are going on
- 9/10 times someone maning the gate will not work as only 3-10(max) local riders are out there on any given day. This puts $30-$50(max) in someones pocket or sitting at a gate for 8hrs....not too logical. Only 4 weeks out of the year(see listed above) this solution will actually work.

I don't think this is the "End of Story" until I sit down face-to-face with Kevin and Roy. If you are meeting with him give me a call and I will be there for sure. If it is next Saturday morning than hopefully I will be able to talk to them before that.

Contact Number= (813)-966-4978
Old 03-13-2004, 08:50 PM

GSE_Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RedlineJimmy
This won't work for 95% of the riders.

Questions:

- How many people actually wake up that early?
- Will it be worth it to have someone man the gate for only 1-5 local riders?
- Is this "really" a logical solution for "Both" parties?

Concerns:

- Sundays won't work as 60% of the time events are going on
- 9/10 times someone maning the gate will not work as only 3-10(max) local riders are out there on any given day. This puts $30-$50(max) in someones pocket or sitting at a gate for 8hrs....not too logical. Only 4 weeks out of the year(see listed above) this solution will actually work.

I don't think this is the "End of Story" until I sit down face-to-face with Kevin and Roy. If you are meeting with him give me a call and I will be there for sure. If it is next Saturday morning than hopefully I will be able to talk to them before that.

Contact Number= (813)-966-4978
What does work for 95% of the riders?
What days?
What hours?
If I had from 8am-3pm only to ride I would obviously get out there when I knew I could.
Later hours would be nice but if they gotta prep for night events they have to shut down the bikes before then and Kevin already said people don't listen when they tell people it's time to go so they can prep the track for the night's events.
How many people would show up on a Wednesday, the day Kevin suggested in the other thread?
Would there be enough people to be enough to put cash in someone's pocket to sit there all day?

I hope this gets resolved to everyones benefit but we lucky they are talking to anyone about continuing practice out there at all.
Thanks to Roy for hearing the riders out.
Have the meeting and get this stuff resolved.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:58 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

Originally Posted by sclevela
seems to me that the local riders need to get together and get and organized front on which to approach roy with.........personally if it was me that was in roys psoition and was basically donating the use of my track for no benefit id get tired of 42 different phone calls a day from 42 different people explaining why his generosity does them no good..............not sayin this to be a dik sayin it to shed an outside perspective..........seems like this is going to almost turn into a turf war between locals which will end up in everyone losing
180% AGREED! **** is getting GAY and annoying very fast. Basically the locals need to sit down with LMP owners/staff and have an "EDUCATED" conversation/meeting on coming up with a plain that benefits both parties.

Next phone call to Roy/Kevin should be to discuss a meeting date & time with the locals and track staff. This will eliminate all the gay "rumors" and hopefully come to an agreed "conclusion".

STOP THE NONSENCE!!!

Quick Reply: organizing lakeland