Old 03-13-2004, 09:12 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: organizing lakeland

Originally Posted by GSE_Anthony
What does work for 95% of the riders?
What days?
What hours?
If I had from 8am-3pm only to ride I would obviously get out there when I knew I could.
Later hours would be nice but if they gotta prep for night events they have to shut down the bikes before then and Kevin already said people don't listen when they tell people it's time to go so they can prep the track for the night's events.
How many people would show up on a Wednesday, the day Kevin suggested in the other thread?
Would there be enough people to be enough to put cash in someone's pocket to sit there all day?
Like I stated many times, the regulation is "really" going to come into play only 4 weeks out of the year. Possibly and I mean Possibly if word spreads that riders can only practice on Saturdays you "MAY" see 10-15 locals. This would pertain to any given day either it be Mon, Tue, Wed, Thru, Etc. The main focus that we need to put our efforts towards is making Roy realize this. I still don't see Thrusdays or Saturdays working out too well as it would still clash/conflict with the Test & Tune sessions they hold out there. Sure if it was only Chris & Mike as that is what consists on a typical Saturday, however if you do start to see numbers reach from 15-20 riders getting them to pack up smoothly before the event starts could cause a future problem.

Kevin(Track Manager) mentioned in his post that someone was attempting to use a power trip to gain access to the track on a day that an event was scheduled. This is the type of stuff that needs to be communicated to the locals. Basically, NEVER...NEVER...NEVER argue with a track official at any time. If for some odd reason there is a disagreement take it up with Roy personally at a later time.

Has anybody set-up a meeting yet !
Old 03-13-2004, 11:01 PM

GSE_Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I think Jimmy does disagree since he agrees 180%.
Good eye.

I don't disagree with the signature comment at all, never thought of that in the past thanks for the heads up.
Just to show you we have been thinking of how important this place is to the riders though I can show you a screen shot of the "credits" in the end of the latest video clip GSE Mike put together. It's in the bottom right of the screen. "Roy Spiker (lakeland drag)".
Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	screen copy.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	68853  
Old 03-14-2004, 09:13 PM

GrCh35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sclevela
seems to me that the local riders need to get together and get and organized front on which to approach roy with.........personally if it was me that was in roys psoition and was basically donating the use of my track for no benefit id get tired of 42 different phone calls a day from 42 different people explaining why his generosity does them no good..............not sayin this to be a dik sayin it to shed an outside perspective..........seems like this is going to almost turn into a turf war between locals which will end up in everyone losing
I agree with this person. All you guys should get together and dicuss this first. Put yourself in Roy or Kevins spot for one moment. Would you want to get several different calls saying what you want or would you sit down with one person? Everyone is not going to be 100% happy on the outcome and that's ok. But at least most of you will have somewhere to go to practice.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:36 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

This the way roy sees it:

If he only allows riding on weekends, more riders will make it because thats the only time.
If only 2 riders show up, roy says "no big deal,". We'll try to workout weekdays but i also think it would be stupid to push roy for more.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:21 PM
Debating another bike...

Johnny Kula is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm thinking it's better to get together. Seeing there's a bunch of us that'd like to help, let's post a good time to meet!!!

I'm up for any time during the day this week or Friday & Saturday evening!

We can meet for a drink somewhere and bring some paper & a pen and get everything ready for a "meeting" with roy.

That way everyone is on the same page and the designated "lakeland rep" can bring the info to roy on how we can solve all the problems, etc...

I'll PM Jimmy my phone number and I'll keep checkin on here to see what time/day would be good for all, maybe have two meetings if we can't all make one.

Johnny
Old 03-15-2004, 08:46 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Johnny DTE
I'm thinking it's better to get together. Seeing there's a bunch of us that'd like to help, let's post a good time to meet!!!

I'm up for any time during the day this week or Friday & Saturday evening!

We can meet for a drink somewhere and bring some paper & a pen and get everything ready for a "meeting" with roy.

That way everyone is on the same page and the designated "lakeland rep" can bring the info to roy on how we can solve all the problems, etc...

I'll PM Jimmy my phone number and I'll keep checkin on here to see what time/day would be good for all, maybe have two meetings if we can't all make one.

Johnny

great idea....same as with cleveland....only send 1 or 2 designated reps to speak with roy. take the initiative and set up a meeting NOW or this is gonna drag on and you'll be stuck with what 1 person wanted...
Old 03-15-2004, 09:07 AM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
great idea....same as with cleveland....only send 1 or 2 designated reps to speak with roy. take the initiative and set up a meeting NOW or this is gonna drag on and you'll be stuck with what 1 person wanted...
Either way you look at that one person is going to be the track owner. I sent another looooooooong email to Kevin & will hopefully have another update shortly. After not riding for 4 months and finally getting my bike complete I want to ride more than anything.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:40 PM

WTF is wrong here . I TALKED TO ROY. SATURDAYS and no event sundays ONLY FOR NOW. $5 bucks a head.....What don't you understand about that.?

Where is the mis-communictaion?

If your putting pressure on Roy hes going to call the whole thing off.

can't you get off sat or sun.?

This is why: The incident thats started this whole mess happened during the week.....Think ABOUT IT FROM ROYS' VIEW.......We need to show him that we can handle weekends before asking him for more.

Also take into consideration that Roy has more important things to do than mess with this subject. He said he talked to his lawyer and was told just to stop.

WE ARE WALKING ON VERY THIN ICE. I'm asking very nicely "please let me and chris take care of it". We are in good terms with Roy Now.I don't want him to be pissed off on saturday because everybody couldn't agree. I swear I will KEEP EVERYONE IN CONSIDERATION. And when i talk to Roy, I'll ask him to throw a couple weekdays in the scheldule. Johnny and Jimmy, you 2 seem to be the most interested in weekedays. Im going to tell Roy how important a couple of weekdays are to you guys, and that YOU WILL TAKE FULL RESPONSIBLITY WHEN YOUR THERE.

How does that sound?
Thanks
mike
Old 03-15-2004, 08:00 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

Originally Posted by GSE Mike
How does that sound?
Thanks
mike
It sounds like you can lick my Dingle Berrys . I have been going there for over 2 yrs now, so I am sure it won't be a problem assuming responsibility. Looks like I will be seeing you ladies on Saturday then.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by RedlineJimmy
It sounds like you can lick my Dingle Berrys . I have been going there for over 2 yrs now, so I am sure it won't be a problem assuming responsibility. Looks like I will be seeing you ladies on Saturday then.
Lets do this

Put on your thinking cap
Old 03-17-2004, 08:51 PM

gsxrupnsmoke is an unknown quantity at this point

wil i ve only rode at lakeland 1 time ,i really enjoyed it id be willing to pay if i where 2 go again also will to support ridding at lakeland................