stunting, and the future

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 08:33 PM

donmga138 is an unknown quantity at this point
stunting, and the future

I'm doing a paper for my sport in society class with an opened topic of my choice. I choose to do a paper on non-traditional sports, their impact on society, and the reason for future progession. Whether this means for some the money aspect, or pure passion for a sport that at first seems unruled to development to a competitive sport with unlimited potential..... and i was wondering if anyone had any comments of any sort that they'd like me to incorporate... or just plain comments on non-traditional sports their rise and the people that participate.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:36 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Spark~R.O.C. is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: stunting, and the future

Originally Posted by donmga138
I'm doing a paper for my sport in society class with an opened topic of my choice. I choose to do a paper on non-traditional sports, their impact on society, and the reason for future progession. Whether this means for some the money aspect, or pure passion for a sport that at first seems unruled to development to a competitive sport with unlimited potential..... and i was wondering if anyone had any comments of any sort that they'd like me to incorporate... or just plain comments on non-traditional sports their rise and the people that participate.
Off topic.....But....Yo Dom you still ridin? I'm going to the spot off of rt 1 . tommorrow. BTW this is Van. I lost your number....PM me with it. Lata.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:54 AM

NBSTUNTERZdave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CBO
This sport is where its gonna be, a few may make it here and there but thats about it.

the sport is where its at and where its gonna stay at, some will get paper here and there and thats about it.
true that brother...
Old 03-11-2004, 08:12 AM

Albgixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

I would love to see it ballon up and get on x-games and sh*t but I don't think there is really a following. Let's see where it goes.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:07 PM

SF Vaughn is an unknown quantity at this point

This sport will have hard time making it to the X-Games because of were all the new riders start out (on the streets) this is bad for the sport. I love the street and the highways I would hate to see what would happen if we would go to the parking lots and drag strips fulltime. I started on the highway and I will end on the highway. As far as making money goes you have to give the people what they won’t. People won’t to see you look out of control and put yourself in danger. Going 2-5 MPH in a parking lot does not look like you are putting your self in danger. Some people say that the dirt bike guys did it so can we, but Jumping a bike over 80 foot gaps is putting your self in danger ever time, doing 5 MPH no-handers is not the same risk that people wont to pay to see (Ya, no-handers are cool and hard, but you have little risk, put that **** on highway at about 45 MPH $$$$$$$$$$$$.) The money is in the vids but, you have to make something that makes people wont to ride and watch over and over. I don't care if you are the best rider in the world if you put out some **** that is 100% parking lot then you are going to have a hard time holding peoples interest. So I feel if we go fulltime parking lot and drag strips then we are just a act.

Vaughn
Streetfighterz
Old 03-11-2004, 01:31 PM

KC Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SF Vaughn
This sport will have hard time making it to the X-Games because of were all the new riders start out (on the streets) this is bad for the sport. I love the street and the highways I would hate to see what would happen if we would go to the parking lots and drag strips fulltime. I started on the highway and I will end on the highway. As far as making money goes you have to give the people what they won’t. People won’t to see you look out of control and put yourself in danger. Going 2-5 MPH in a parking lot does not look like you are putting your self in danger. Some people say that the dirt bike guys did it so can we, but Jumping a bike over 80 foot gaps is putting your self in danger ever time, doing 5 MPH no-handers is not the same risk that people wont to pay to see (Ya, no-handers are cool and hard, but you have little risk, put that **** on highway at about 45 MPH $$$$$$$$$$$$.) The money is in the vids but, you have to make something that makes people wont to ride and watch over and over. I don't care if you are the best rider in the world if you put out some **** that is 100% parking lot then you are going to have a hard time holding peoples interest. So I feel if we go fulltime parking lot and drag strips then we are just a act.

Vaughn
Streetfighterz

Well Put
Old 03-11-2004, 03:07 PM

HavokCycle is an unknown quantity at this point

sk8rs finally got into mainstream too ya know look where a lot of em rock, empty parks, street corners, side walks, etc.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:24 PM

DVNTMOTRSPORTS is an unknown quantity at this point

i think this sport is going to explode and then sizzle and burn out. it started with just hanging wheelies and doing stupid little stuff,hanging off the bike skitchn, moved on to doing everything longer and then to tank and windscreen tricks. nowto where it is today with everything being bigger and badder, but now things are going into the slower parking lot tricks, slow wheelies, some of the vids with guys scrapn 12's and sitn on the handlebars way up top. its to the point now where the new kid goes out and buys a bike and pulls out of the dealership hangin a wheelie and endos to the first stop sign. everybody is encouraged and learning alot faster now that there are so many people involved in this sport. lets face it theres only so many tricks you can do on bike, sooner or later everyone is going to catch up and everyone is going to be doing the same thing. some might add a little twist to thigns here or there, but eventually i think that everyone is going to be even across the boards. look you have 10 year old kids on quads and dirt bikes hanging wheelies to the end of their roads. they step it up onto a bike and bam there right there on the highway passn by you on 1 wheel. i dont see people ever building huge parking lots to ride in like they build an mx track. i see this sport going for a few years then just getting old and people losing interest. everyones going to still ride, but its going to be for pleasure, not to make a video or do a contest. i hope this sport does make it and be the new big thing, but thats my opinion on where i think its going to go.
Old 03-11-2004, 03:55 PM

HavokCycle is an unknown quantity at this point

you keep thinking its not gonna go any farther, but five years ago nobody knew what a highchair was or a circle. you just keep thinking yea nobody can top a 200ft endo but now theres guys hittin 1k
but that said there's only so much you can do on two wheels, and some points its gonna be all burnt up
just my 2
Old 03-11-2004, 04:07 PM

SF Vaughn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Helios
you keep thinking its not gonna go any farther, but five years ago nobody knew what a highchair was or a circle. you just keep thinking yea nobody can top a 200ft endo but now theres guys hittin 1k
You need to look up some of the old **** like AC and all the guy over seas they have been around for years. You all said some thing about sk8ing. Any kid can and could buy a board so the age of sk8ing is what 8 to 32!! Our sports age is 18-30!! A board is what $100.00? A bike is what $10,000.00? So your demographic is way way smaller.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:47 PM

WINGMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm still not sure if this sport will ever blow up to where many people want
it to. everything this sport has become is from illegally riding on the streets.
it has been amazing these last couple of years of how taking these bikes, and doing what we do on them. i don't see any cities or towns building any big parking lots just for us to stunt. look how long it took to for places to build skate parks so skaters can stay off the streets. i know there are so many of who feel the same way and would like a place that they can got to and not worry about law enforcement, and idiot drivers in cars. but until that day, the only thing we can do is enter the few shows that are around and other than that try to not get caught on the street. city officials, mayors, law makers don't want anything to do with this sport. they think it's too dangerous. well,
motorcycle racing is a dangerous sport. they built tracks for them. stunting is a dangerous sport, i can't see any reason not to build open lots for us. all they have to do is level out land, and pave it, maybe fence it in. other than that, there isn't much else we need. if i had the i would build one myself...but until then?????

peace