CBR 900 Engine Bolt ??????

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 04:40 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
CBR 900 Engine Bolt ??????

I am in the process of dropping the engine and got stuck on one F'ing engine bolt/rod. It is the small one that has a lock washer holding the bottom half of the engine in...not the one for the swingarm. Anybody have any clue about getting the damn thing off....I don't want to strip the bolts (14mm). Do I need to hammer the lock nut loose first.?. Any help would be appreciated. Hate to post something like this, but I am in a jam and want to get this thing finished asap. Fell free to call me if you don't want to type it out @ 813-966-4978...Thx
Old 03-09-2004, 05:18 PM

Iniquite is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: CBR 900 Engine Bolt ??????

Originally Posted by RedlineJimmy
I am in the process of dropping the engine and got stuck on one F'ing engine bolt/rod. It is the small one that has a lock washer holding the bottom half of the engine in...not the one for the swingarm. Anybody have any clue about getting the damn thing off....I don't want to strip the bolts (14mm). Do I need to hammer the lock nut loose first.?. Any help would be appreciated. Hate to post something like this, but I am in a jam and want to get this thing finished asap. Fell free to call me if you don't want to type it out @ 813-966-4978...Thx
im assuming your refuring to one of the two lower bolts that go all the way thru the motor on the lower half. all i can tell you is to be sure you dant have any of the motors weight on them. you also need a specail tool from honda to loosen the locking part that adjusts in to the motor its self. if you dont have one of the tools and are desperate (like i was) use a large flat head screwdriver and a hammer and you can tap it in the direction to loosen it. that will bend it but you can get it out.