Payback Time!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Payback Time!

Originally Posted by 1000ceecee
DTE was no doubt the reason I started riding. A group of guys that didn't know me from a hole in the wall, came down to ride at my house cause my girl told them I was a fan. Now that is what this sport is all about.
That is cool.. real cool.
Old 02-26-2004, 02:22 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a late start in this game ...but the first vid that I ever watched was the the Kissimee track day mpeg that was floating around on the net...Watching JT on those 180 endos blew my mind ! I still have that vid and watch it from time to time...But after that is when i started looking for some quite back roads....
Cheers
SK
Old 02-26-2004, 04:57 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

StuntRagz Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Darkmind
I would half too say that my first true insperation was seeing aaron and jacob b from gearedup doning 130 mile standups on I95, i think that was around early 2002. I had bought my bike like 2 or 3 mounths before that and started rideing to Jax beach when i had time off. It just so happened that i would run into them almost every time i went down. After that i would go down to jax look around for them then fallow them around and just watch the show. Then one time i met the truest insperation of all, Gregg V, by the time i met him he had allready stoped rideing on the streets. He spent a LOT of his time explaining things to me and helping me to better understand whats going on. He also spent a lot of time putting up with me at his house at 1am trying to put my bike back togeather so i can get back to base. I remember one time i got the urge to hook up a kill switch to my tail light so i could flick it off if i had any cops behind me. He asked me if i knew what i was doing and i said i think so, well sure as **** i ****ed it up. By the time gregg looked at it and saw that i just ripped the **** out of all the wires it was going on 1 am. It took him an hour to un**** what i did and fix it LOL. For putting up with me like that all the time and for opening my eyes too this other world that i have never laid my eyes on I truely thank Gregg V. I also thank aaron, jacob, and peewee for their helpful knowledge, for always makeing sure i had everything i needed, and ALWAYS makeing sure i made it home i one peace. I must also thank greggs wife juile ( sorry if i spelled it wrong ) for all thouse nights I keep gregg in the grarage working on the bikes tell 2 or 3 am, and not once did she ever say anything about it. Once again thanks Gup team!
i dont think that was Aaron...
Old 02-26-2004, 05:28 PM

mostwanted is an unknown quantity at this point

StarBoyz most def. my biggest inspiration! I can remeber the first event I went to! Drove 18 hours with a broken femur Just to spend one day there! That ended up getting rained out!

Daytona bike week 2002 was when I decided I wanted to be a stunt rider mostly inspired by gorka and Jeremy from east coast x-treme! These two were tearing **** up all week! 12 O-clock,sick *** burn outs, 200 ft. stoppies! It was out of control! The day I got home I said goodbye to my gsxr and bought a RR! Been tearin it up since, and its still going strong!
Old 02-26-2004, 08:54 PM
StarBoy

starboyscott is an unknown quantity at this point

wow
i was just having a bad day....
glad i stopped by....
i cant get rid of my goose bumps...
those days were unbelievable, the memories....
cant wait to roll down in front of wendys and hess, only a few more days...

let me tell a little story about what inspired me to get a bike in the first place....

i was about 9 years old, in the back of the parents car up in cleveland going down 480.. i was looking out the back window when suddenly i herd a sound. it seemed so loud, like a jet... then in the distance i saw 2 guyz on bikes cuting threw trafic, no shirts, no helmits, and in a split second they passed us up and where gone....
up until that time in my life i never felt so empty to see something leave .....
i wanted more, i could taste it in my mouth... even at that age...
it sound crazy but i never got that image out of my mind...
the very day i could legaly by a street bike, i did...

we started riding crazy from the get...
we started filming ourselves for the simple reason, to have proof of what we did to show non-believers....
i worked at a bike shop and late 97 a customer brought in a copy of fast bikes video nasty(you could not even get them in the states back then, you had to convert them over to american format), in the video was a tiny clip of rothwell clowning...
the next day we went to akron university and payed a stundent to edit the footage we used for bar bets and put together ftp....

i wish you could bottle up just maybe 2-3 minutes of time, keep it in the closet, and every once in a while open that bitch up...

p.s. junky- dont even begin to think you know half of what we have done....
i was popin wheelies when you were popin farts in the baby bath-tub....
pchoinere i got your back on this one, i remember that day to a tee.. it was big dave and myself, came up there just to f$#@ around, we accually stayed up with kickstand and wheelies dudes.....
i remember rolling with your group...
Old 02-26-2004, 09:43 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person

steppin back in time...........I used to hate streetbikes, thought they were gay! Used to laugh at all the tools buying them just so they could pick up chicks! Ive always had a love for dirtbikes! Raced most my life and got big into fmx around the time the 1st crusty vid came out. Tour'd with LBZ in 97 for "Rechromed". Filmed with Mike Cinqmars, Tracy Monterone, Mike Harris, Shawn Highland, Caleb Wyatt, and the 2 sweeney bros. It was sick! Good times! '98, I continued to race pro and freeride, then crashed and f'd myself up real good. Still living at home (19yrs old) my mom decides to cut me off and send me to DeVry in Kansas City. All in the matter of a month, i was done riding forever. At least thats what I thought. 3 years later, i graduate....... and normal day life was BORING! Still having motorcycle fever, I decided to buy a sportbike, summer of 01'. I hit the streets like a crazed ****! I was familiar with the basic wheelie, burnout and stoppie. Back in 97 when I hated streetbikes, i worked for a honda shop and they were all sportbike freaks. They showed me a europeon video that had a guy skitchin off the back of his bike at like 80. sparks flyin everywhere..........they were like danny, come check this sick video. I peeped it out and thought it was the most insane thing ever........told the shop, i was stickin to dirt, that guy was crazy! shortly after i bought my streetbike, a some friends came over with a starboyz vid and a lasvegas extremes vid. I then waisted no time, left the house and started my streetbike stunting career! I laugh now back at memories of the vid i watched in 97 of that guy skitchin, thinkin it was nuts! Thats the easiest trick in the book today!

That long short story, if it makes any sense, (im not reading it over) is why today I ride a streetbike. Also trying to put more time on the dirtbike again, playing catch up to the sick level of FMX today!

:YEAH
Old 02-26-2004, 10:14 PM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by starboyscott
wow
i was just having a bad day....
glad i stopped by....
i cant get rid of my goose bumps...
those days were unbelievable, the memories....
cant wait to roll down in front of wendys and hess, only a few more days...

let me tell a little story about what inspired me to get a bike in the first place....

i was about 9 years old, in the back of the parents car up in cleveland going down 480.. i was looking out the back window when suddenly i herd a sound. it seemed so loud, like a jet... then in the distance i saw 2 guyz on bikes cuting threw trafic, no shirts, no helmits, and in a split second they passed us up and where gone....
up until that time in my life i never felt so empty to see something leave .....
i wanted more, i could taste it in my mouth... even at that age...
it sound crazy but i never got that image out of my mind...
the very day i could legaly by a street bike, i did...

we started riding crazy from the get...
we started filming ourselves for the simple reason, to have proof of what we did to show non-believers....
i worked at a bike shop and late 97 a customer brought in a copy of fast bikes video nasty(you could not even get them in the states back then, you had to convert them over to american format), in the video was a tiny clip of rothwell clowning...
the next day we went to akron university and payed a stundent to edit the footage we used for bar bets and put together ftp....

i wish you could bottle up just maybe 2-3 minutes of time, keep it in the closet, and every once in a while open that bitch up...

p.s. junky- dont even begin to think you know half of what we have done....
i was popin wheelies when you were popin farts in the baby bath-tub....
pchoinere i got your back on this one, i remember that day to a tee.. it was big dave and myself, came up there just to f$#@ around, we accually stayed up with kickstand and wheelies dudes.....
i remember rolling with your group...

assbag..tell gumbo to stop making shizzle up..he said u were never in laconia....how would i know, ur old, i wasnt born then

read ur email
Old 02-27-2004, 01:48 AM
StarBoyz Staff

GUMBY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
How about when you finally met your favorite rider, or got that e-mail or talked to them on the phone the first time. Todd Colbert was the first Pro I spoke to. I don't remember how, but I was on the phone with him freaking out (Todd, don't go get a big head, now you're just plain ol' Marshall to me.....(if anyone gets that)) He was asking for footage for Judgment Day (little tid-bit of info: the scrape in JD1 was my very first one caught on film). It was like 1096 was getting our "big break." We were so excited, I must have called everyone I knew telling them I was going to be in a MOVIE! Unbelievable to us.
Damn, why is it that memories of the past, for whatever reason, always seem better than the present?
Will right now seem like the best it's ever been, 3 years from now?
Ahhhhh, the memories.

I REMEMBER THAT DAY IN CHI-TOWN....IF THEIRS ONE THING I CAN THANK TODD COLBERT FOR ITS THAT.......THATS WHEN I MET THE MAN MATT GORKA

AND I DO HAVE 2 SAY THAT I DID TELL JUNKY THAT STARBOYZ WERE NEVER THEIR......I MUST OF FORGOT, OPPPS I MADE A MISTAKE...... NOT MAKE **** UP HOMO,,,,,P.S. DONT TELL ANYONE THAT I ADMITTED THAT I MADE A MISTAKE OR I WAS WRONG MIGHT RUIN MY REP. AS MR. KNOW IT ALL AND MR.PERFET
Old 02-27-2004, 09:44 AM

EndoChic is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Payback Time!

You know, every now and then reading the crap and drama on here is quite entertaining. Then, it takes it's toll. It takes the heart and soul out of me. The heart and soul of back in the day, when I was truly inspired to ride.

I'd like to hear about other people's inspirational moments.
The first stunt team I ever saw in real life was the Starboyz. I hadn't seen a video or anything before that. I didn't even know what "stunting" was. The Starboyz came to this hole in the wall dragstrip in Kinston, NC. Their bikes were all furred out and I thought that was the coolest thing ever! haha But I was mostly impressed by their skills. I spent the ENTIRE DAY filming and watching them go up and down that dragstrip. I didn't get to talk to any of them because well...I was shy as hell. Later on after they closed the drag strip I raced home and played that video over and over again. I couldn't get enough.

Now that was my first inspirational moment, and that motivated me to get a motorcycle. Well I went out and looked at a Katana 600 (DONT LAUGH YALL) I talked to the sales guy and got everything worked out. I couldn't pick up my pretty new bike until the following Monday due to the me not having the money in hand at that moment. Well over the course of that weekend I got into a really bad car accident. My car was totalled out to say the least, got hit at 120 mph. Needless to say...I never got that bike and slowly drifted out of the sportbike scene all together...

[Long story short: STARBOYZ] haha

How about when you finally met your favorite rider, or got that e-mail or talked to them on the phone the first time.
I'd have to say Darius. The first time I met him was when he was handing me a free t-shirt. I pretty shocked to know that a guy like him would even talk to me, let alone GIVE me a t-shirt. Basically I was grinnin from ear to ear.

And I can't leave out Tony D. Wow I don't even know where to start. Long story short, I saw him practicing and he saw me practicing. Day of competition he asked me to ride with him and do 2-up circle wheelies. I hesitated for a bit and thought, what the hell...I'll never get this opportunity again in a million years. So I waited all day in the pits for the VERY LAST EVENT to happen I was watching my role models go up and down that track at Lakeland. Boy I was in heaven, even though I was sick as a dog and cold as hell. ANYWAY, Tony and I did our thing out on the track but it didn't go 100% as planned. We did accomplished a 2-up stand up circle wheelie though. After the fact that we found out we didn't win, Tony kept thanking me and saying I was a really good rider and blah blah blah. That made my whole trip down to FL, the best trip ever.

Now I know I aint out there doing my own wheelies and such like you Gorka, or Tony D, Darius, Joe Brown, Alex, and the others. But I am getting there. Everyone has to start somewhere and I started out stunting 2-up.

All I ask is that if yall ever see me, try to lend a helping hand...don't just laugh at my garbage wheelies

Sorry so long, but I'm a chick...chicks like to talk a lot
Old 02-27-2004, 01:34 PM

superchicken is an unknown quantity at this point

about 3 or four years ago, I wa sout riding on Soth Willow street in Manchester, NH. Pulled into Mobil with a buddy to get gas. Some guy on a shiny red 900rr with a polished frame and non dented tank rode over and we started talking.

20 minutes later we were riding sdown to Mass, pulled into Johnny Kula's place, met up with a few others riders, Sulli, Joel, Damien and drove to some industrial park. I don't know anyone, and fall to the back of the pack with my bud. The ride to the park was crazy, I almost dumped twice having never pushed my bike that hard.

We pull over to the side and Johnny, Damien and the guy on he red bike start doign things I have never seen. No video yet, no T shirts. Turns out the guy on the clean 900rr was Chris Teach MacNeil. All three answered questions and helped talk me through riding my first wheelie.

I still suck at wheelies but I am a huge fan, and I am one of the few people that can remember teach's red 900rr before it was 'broken in'. travelled all the way to Psychofest last year in the rain to watch some of the same gys do it again. And am still in contact with most of the peopel from that night

chris
Old 02-27-2004, 01:42 PM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1000ceecee
I go out the front door to see DTE commin down the street. DTE was no doubt the reason I started riding. A group of guys that didn't know me from a hole in the wall, came down to ride at my house cause my girl told them I was a fan. Now that is what this sport is all about.
I remember that day like it was yesterday. I remember getting the e-mail from your chick too. Johnny and I talked a bit about it and we got the whole group together. We tore up the highway and even "showed up" some dudes on Rte. 24 on the way down.

That was a very cool day and it was a PLEASURE being there on your birthday. You actually made us feel special too.... it made ALL OF US feel appreciated.

As for me...
I remember I just bought an F4 and met some local riders near my house. I didn't even know them but I went along for a ride. I saw a few of them "attempt" wheelies and after we had a conversation about some other kids who live near by. Apparently the guys I was riding with met up with a couple kids on the highway. All they kept saying was, "THEY TORE IT UP". I just had to meet them. They told me about some website so I found it and dropped an e-mail to Johnny. We ended up meeting a few night later to ride. Teach was there and he was in the same situation as me..... just found about these couple of kids (Chauncey & Johnny).

I show up at Johnny's and Teach says to me, "Hey, let's go out for a rip while Johnny fixes his bike". I was thrilled!! So we head out and at the first traffic light Teach lifts a stoppie. I was like . Then the dude does a switchback and I was like We get on the highway and he lifts it up at like 55mph. I couldn't even believe what I was seeing!!! I had a 600 and never really wheelied before. He tells me to slow down, put it in 3rd gear, standup, and lift (all through hand signs of course LOL). I did and I was up.... I rode it for like 1/2 mile. I was like YOU'RE KIDDING ME!! We ride back to Johnny's house and Teach says, "SLAP A DTE STICKER ON THIS KIDS BIKE.... FIRST TIME HE RIDES A WHEELIE AND IT'S 5 MILES!!!" It was the beggining of the end right there. Then we went upstairs and watched FTP 1 & 2.

Other times I was sorta star struck...
- Indiana Motorcycle Expo... meeting Starboyz for the first time.
- Indiana Motorcycle Expo... meeting Todd Colbert for the first time.
- Englishtown Wheelie Comp... seeing Jon Jon 12 o'clock for the first time.
- Englishtown Wheelie Comp... seeing someone ride a stoppie longer than 30ft and control it.
- Daytona '02.... Meeting all the other teams I met online and actual watch everyones different riding style.
- Browsing 1 particular websites (Loose Cannons). I remember thinking... "Those guys are out of their mind!!!" I swore at that time they wanted to die. LMAO!!

There are endless reasons I continue to enjoy this sport. It is depressing being up in Massachusetts sometimes (with the winter etc) but we make the most of the summer time. I can't wait to ride again.... it's 50 degrees here on Sunday. Whoohooo!!

Ride on!

Lata,
Bri

Last edited by Brian_C6; 02-27-2004 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:10 PM

Kenny is an unknown quantity at this point

I can tell you about my first time.. I do not do much stunting anymore for some reason I just never got into it after getting back from basic training but it is freekin cool as hell to see people doing it because I know how hard it is to learn this stuff. Ok heres the story I just got out of high schoo in 98 and bought a 1980 Honda CB900 well my older brother bought a 1985or86 intercepter 700 fast as hell and there was a couple of guys running around town that we rode with.. Mario(Crazy Martin) and a couple of his friends all on Gixxers so I traded the old Honda off for a 1989 FZR 600 it was pretty quick. We all did the occasional power wheelies. Mario traded up and got the first R1 any of us seen and started stuntin it. He would do the sickest endos and wheelies. Well that was also the start for another SL member. Wetpavement where you at.. He got his first bike. What was it? I think it was a suzuki sv650 or something like that just a regular old streeet bike. Well he sees me do some sick wheelies atleast a couple of them and then one day I got hikm to try his first wheelie on the Suzuki./ We were in Warsaw and I showed him how to use the clutch to power it up. So we pull off on to this side street and I give him some more **** so he pulls the clutch in hammers the gas and lets out on the clutch way to fast. It was funny as hell to watch him fly off the bike. The bike fell down and did a couple of spins on the pegs.. So we were off. Wetpavement bought his first crotch rocket. A 1986-87 Intercepter 700 and he wouldnt even try to bring it up on 1. Well I got in trouble with the law lost my license and sold my bike. Well I joined the military in 2000 and shipped to Basic in Feb 01. I called Wetpavement 1 of the only times I could use the phone and he tells me he traded his intercepter in for a 01 R1 Champion Edition. I told him he would crash within the first month and he did. But it wasnt how I thought he would crash. He was doing a standing Christ in the New HyVee parking lot and hit a dip and fell off it. So when I finally get out of Basic And AIT I get home and after watching him and a couple others for awhile I buy another bike. Well in 02 Wetpavement tells me he is going up to Chicago to ride with OLX and asked if I wanted to go. I said sure seeing as I had just bought a 92Gixxer750 I figured it would probably be fun to go and watch.. These guys were awesome. We went riding I think it was only like 40 degrees there and cold but we went anyway. I had alot of fun watching and hanging out with this guys up there and they had a lot of Stunt Videos and they were all really good and alot of fun to watch.. Wetpavement is probably going to get mad about this posting buit it was all fun......

Sorry about it being so long.
Old 02-27-2004, 02:53 PM

Dr.Blocks is an unknown quantity at this point

Man, 1987 me and my old man are standing in this Kawasaki shop in Charlotte, NC. He's checking out this Ninja, and all of a sudden I hear this piercing sound like fighter jets or something, I look out the front window and these two guys on sportbikes are wheelying past this shop. From that moment on I knew I had to have a sportbike when I was of age. 1997 I move to ATL and I have had a sportbike for a year(riding dirtbikes forever though), and I do my little power wheelies through town and what not, well I stop for gas and this guy says he's seen me around showin' off my pop-a-wheelie starter kit, ends up this guy is from Harlem and tells me about the mayhem that goes on up there. I remain friends with the guy and one day he brings me this homemade tape, and says MAKE SURE I GET THIS BACK. I go home and pop it in, immediately I see why he wants this thing back. This tape has all the street legends in it. Sean"Bay Banshee"Bay, Tom Sweets, Al "YZ Al" Capone, and of course the man himself, "Wink 1100". Wink comes on the tape and I'm totally mystified with this guys mastery of his motorcycle, it was like the bike was a part of him. In 2000 Wink came to ATL pushing his video, so I told him about the tape I had seen and he smiled and said wait'll you see this. And like Gorka said, after watching that video 20million times you couldn't help but to be inspired by this guy sayin'(back then) step it up, yo wheelies is gabage. them 9 o clockers was what everyone was doing at the time, and here's this guy riding these straight up and down wheelies. I destroyed a bike from watchin' that video, tryin those 12's, day in and day out.Well worth it, and really I haven't seen any video that inspired me as much as that one did. Thank You Wink 1100.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:49 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Frogger is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I can also attribute my introduction and utter "being sucked in" to the stuntworld through DTE as well. Introduced to me by a classmate sophomore year of high school, who is a former member here, she had Teach for Latin at the junior high. I had the entire DTE site downloaded to my computer within a week, lol. I went to my 1st stuntshow with her at the Brockton Fairgrounds in Sept. 2002. Saw teach and Chauncy, as well as many other riders, including ProZak from Reckless Methods. I ordered the DTE vid and the hoodie, and started stunting on my mountain bike, lol. I also became a member of StuntLife.com as wmcelman after the show. I remember the scene in Mission Impossible 2 where Tom does the stoppie across the street, and I thought that was bullshit, but I was proved wrong soon after. In June of 2003 Johnny, John (gixxerydin2k2 i think), and Johnny's son Brandon came down after school and they did a little show for Jill and I, which was kick ***, even when I was stupid and held the throttle down on the tt-r90 and ran it into the woods, twice, lol. That was a blast. Since then, I've been tearing **** up on the mountain bike and on the F2 of my uncle. Thanks all for the kick *** times, Jill for introducing me to the world of stunting, DTE for the shows, and Shugga for Stuntlife.com!!!! ROCK ON!!!
Old 02-27-2004, 10:47 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

There are some wonderful stories on here. All are worth mention, but looks like DTE has obviously had major impact. I remember meeting all those boys. Every one of them left a good impression on me. Looks like I wasn't the only one. Met for the first time at Pocono raceway. I remember teach being the first to stand backwards on his bike, the red 97rr. I was big into donuts then and I remember thinking to myself "this cat's got style" watching him do burnouts. Awesome overall rider. Damien, the first to do the "crab nebula" .......er heel-clicker as we call it now. Deactivators, Leap of death, boston strangler. There's gotta be more. True innovator of this sport, for all you new guys. I think I still have the video of Damien on the podium falling all over the ground, making the whole place laugh like hell. Chauncey, this kid. What test tube did he come out of? Who has 12:00 wheelies before pubic hair? So smooth. I remember Chauncey doing the SLOOOOOW smooth sit-down to stand-up to seat stander....Way before back brakes were used. These boys were the first I knew to be doing combo wheelies. I'd go as far as to say they originated combos. Me and Thew talked about these guys the whole way home.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:50 PM

Darkmind is a decent person

There are some wonderful stories on here. All are worth mention, but looks like DTE has obviously had major impact. I remember meeting all those boys. Every one of them left a good impression on me. Looks like I wasn't the only one. Met for the first time at Pocono raceway. I remember teach being the first to stand backwards on his bike, the red 97rr. I was big into donuts then and I remember thinking to myself "this cat's got style" watching him do burnouts. Awesome overall rider. Damien, the first to do the "crab nebula" .......er heel-clicker as we call it now. Deactivators, Leap of death, boston strangler. There's gotta be more. True innovator of this sport, for all you new guys. I think I still have the video of Damien on the podium falling all over the ground, making the whole place laugh like hell. Chauncey, this kid. What test tube did he come out of? Who has 12:00 wheelies before pubic hair? So smooth. I remember Chauncey doing the SLOOOOOW smooth sit-down to stand-up to seat stander. These boys were the first I knew to be doing combo wheelies. I'd go as far as to say they originated combos. Me and Thew talked about these guys the whole way home.
:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Old 02-27-2004, 11:06 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Frogger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Darkmind
:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
I second that, Chauncey has some mad crazy skills on 2 wheels, hell, wasn't his 1st streetbike an R1!!?? His stoppies are incredible, just like Gorka's, as well as his wheelies, DAMN!! ::jealous:: lol

D and the boston strangler, or the recliner, or D-Activation, and his windscreen wheelies, that guy had some really sick original tricks.

Teach and his switchbacks, and some cool burnouts.

Johnny, and the windscreen stoppie, flamingos, 12's on lock.

Brian and his twistie stoppies, some good **** there.

All in all, there is some great talent there, even split into Core6, they are still kick *** riders, despite personal differences.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:20 PM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

Tony D is an unknown quantity at this point

The short version of the story:
I bought my first streetbike in 1996 it was an 89 Ninja 750p1.. steel frame,electronic forks, a whole 98 horse power all the good stuff.

Originally I started riding because I never had anything cool growing up as a kid. And started my childhood at that point.
At this time the sportbike scene in the NJ\NY metro area started to blow up.
Indivudal crews started forming like small armies all over the place.
I opened my bike shop in 97 I catered to everyone and was always somehow in the mix.
Locally in my area people were starting to ride togother( the old crew)--- Almost everynight in the summer we would all meet at Dunkin Doughnuts in Rahway NJ. After a while of drinking coffee and talkin **** to each other we would hit the streets and see who could out do who. We all started becoming good friends and showed up to Club block parties togother.
This is where some old names in the game like Tim Bradley- G Nice-Sabastian Kowalski (Sabo)- Rommel Dolliaby Jer Z Boyz-Chilolie- Ronnie Reality - Bobby\Is Underground -- Loose rider Kevin-Satch- John John\Mario-WB-Wink 1100 the old school Bay Cycle crew Bronx- And the one that impressed me the most was one of my good friends till today Gil Condi (SkillZ)..The true Gangstars-.started to become exposed to each other. It was obvious back then that it was every man for himself and there were a lot of people doing it. We are a by prouduct of living in the rat race and fueled by the tuffness of killing the streets and shutting the other crew down. Every time you rode you were in a battle. It took a long time before we became somewhat civil with each other and earning each others respect.
I took a ride to Long Island IN summer of 98 with Satch along with the underground riders to the West Hampton wheelie contest.
UR filimed us on the way Killing the belt parkway --refer to Underground vol1--(beside the point)
Run by the rough riders --the politics and intimadation was unbeliveable---
we rode our asses off and got no love because of it..
The following year at E town Ruff Riders had a problem with me having a bar on my ****-- oh well that was my style-once again crusified for not conforming and sweating them
At that piont I realised I would have to work 10 times harder to outshine everyone else so bad it would go beyond the politics... It took some time but I got there ----
The blocks were tough-- but it truly made me dig deep inside myself to have the stomach to deal with the rest of the bullshit this sport has to offer.
Over the years I have seen alot of great riders that never took the next level. It sucks but its all how bad you want it. Not just stuntriding but anything you want in life. I am not easily satisfied.
There is alot of talented riders and old friends of mine that arenet here with us today --God rest their souls--

So sorry that my story dosent talk about sunshine in florida--shiney clean bikes-- being starstruck--palm trees ---Having kids in a small town in the middle of nowhere,kiss my *** cause im a hero to them-- bitches throwing themselves at you---Natural talent--or any of that gay ****.

Ive worked hard and sitll dont feel like Ive made any serious accomplishments yet-- but Im far from done-- And I truly dont expect anyone to give me a handout or "sponsorship" cause I think Im great and I deserve it.
Even though I really dont have anything anymore because of this sport I still strive for success cause I know what I want in life.
-- Its been a struggle since the begining and I have become a prouduct of my enviornment-- Ive EARNED RESPECT from the big guys from back in the day, when I first started I sucked--I never ran my mouth or popped any bullshit. I let my riding do the talking, ultamately it led to people remembering my name.
You will have to shoot me off my bike at this point to get me to quit ---no matter how much I get taken away from me and how much I loose, I will continue to move foward on my own---To Get Mine... Sorry to put it bluntly but Lead, follow or get the *** out of my way!

Anthony--

PS: If my reply here offends anyone--that sucks-- cant always be pink elephants flying in the sky----

Last edited by Tony D; 02-28-2004 at 05:28 AM.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:40 PM
What!

Uncle. is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Payback Time!

For me it was at the end of a WSB race an Troy Corsa did a big nac nac that was so smooth and I was like holy crap thats tops.I had a gixxa750 then but was not gunna try that stuff.Then afew years later and I was sick of just doing the same old rides I was out with a mate we get out to a good bit of road and he said to me give it a go as we had talked about it but I never had ago.So I say to myself ok I will.That day was october 6th 2002.At 2.30pm I did my 1st **** ant stand up.I came back to him and was like I fuggin love this stuff.We have been pushing each other to get better since then.I owe him alot.
Thanks for the good post to mate
Old 02-28-2004, 10:18 AM

Dr.Blocks is an unknown quantity at this point

Anthony mentioned Kevin (looseriders), but him and his cousin Nick Calo(who moved briefly to the A), were also big influences. Showing that stuntriding was a market and putting out videos back before anyone else was trying to.

ps good story anthony

Quick Reply: Payback Time!