Payback Time!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 10:22 PM

cuXtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Payback Time!

Seen ftp 2 1/2 at my buddies house who had a 98 r1 and I thought that was the badest bike because he could ride a wheelie for a block
Sold my fzr 600 and bought a zx9 and started to learn, got good or so I thought went to bike week 03 and was amazed by guys at dead end rd and at the fair grounds. Now all I want to do is ride and ride some more hell I would rather ride then have sex with my fine *** wife. Is that a problem ?
Old 02-25-2004, 10:45 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

How about when you finally met your favorite rider, or got that e-mail or talked to them on the phone the first time. Todd Colbert was the first Pro I spoke to. I don't remember how, but I was on the phone with him freaking out (Todd, don't go get a big head, now you're just plain ol' Marshall to me.....(if anyone gets that)) He was asking for footage for Judgment Day (little tid-bit of info: the scrape in JD1 was my very first one caught on film). It was like 1096 was getting our "big break." We were so excited, I must have called everyone I knew telling them I was going to be in a MOVIE! Unbelievable to us.
Damn, why is it that memories of the past, for whatever reason, always seem better than the present?
Will right now seem like the best it's ever been, 3 years from now?
Ahhhhh, the memories.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:53 PM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm lets c....i first got into stunting or riding ne thing for that matter about a year ago...i bought a banshee when i was 18...i never road ne thing my entire life, always into sports but never ne thing with a motor....

My cousin and his good buddy were always into riding..growing up, i remember always going to my cousins house with my mom,and they would be heading out to go ride there quads, or returning......

always wanted to get into it, but was to into other sports, and didtn have time, and my mom was a worry wart, so wasnt very fond of the idea.

Bought that banshee when i turned 18...my cousin brought home ftp 3 from the local bike shop around. Watched that, and was hooked ever since, watched that vid so many time every night, twice a day, brought friends watched it there. I remember hoping one day i would even be able to wheelie. Was the biggest starboyz fan (still am)....got on forums, member emailing the guys whateva, usual fan stuff........got talking to gumby alot, and going back and forth with kevin a few times through emails. After about 4-5 months became very good friends with gumby. I never had bike, just quad, but wanted to ride so bad, but didtn really have oppurtunity in NH, i was going working full time and going to school full time.After a few months of tossing idea around, i said screw it...this is an oppurtunity of a life time, and gotta take advantage of it while i can and i am young. So moved down here last june...Meanwhile i bought a 900rr over winter, never road it even in spring up in NH though, moved down here actually like ma 25th...headed out a few days later to MOMS show in PA, which was rained out...started riding in june....had my bike stunt ready, cage sprockets, bar, everytin before i even road it. Went to practice spot and started riding, scott and kevin being there helped alot, watch and learn, thats has always helped me, i was lucky enough to pick up alot, and not get hurt in the process. So thats my story...

cant wait to leave for daytona in two days..and cant wait for spring !!!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 11:22 PM

kirk newcomer is a decent person

i first was interested when i was 15 or so , my buddy up the street had a katana 600 yellow with blue bubbles..(cool as ice era) he used to wheelie it and wow, girls went crazy.
i ended up buying that bike when i was 17 , **** never ran
i bought a gsxr and started peggin the rev limiter in first and i was the **** around here. we have a huge gathering the first sun. of everymonth around here(1500-2000 bikes) and i did some wheelies and met two of my best friends and teammates..the steve's.
we saw a copy of pulp friction and thought it was awesome.
then came lvx and ftp all in one night.
the biggest starboyz fan was born that night.

what really got me excited was 01 daytona seeing the starboyz in person, i ll never forget my buddies coming up to me saying they were in the club..we ended up talking and hanging out for awhile, i felt like a starstruck little girl.we were suppose to go riding the next day and kevin had me talked into letting him ride my brandy dandy new 1000. sucks scott got arrested, couldn't ride but a plus was kevin beat the everlovin **** out of someone elses 1000. anyhow whatchin everyone down there react to them made me realize i would like to do it too.
oh yeah i had that same as busted bootleg ruff riders, and some other tape that had rhommel 12'n before i saw anyone.

i still get excited hanging out and talking with everyone i watch on the videos, its weird being peers.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:58 AM
LAWN JOCKEY

standy is a decent person

My first introduction to stunting came when I was working at a Honda dealership here. This guy came in all the time getting parts for his 900RR. We became friends, and I have been riding with Hinks for the past 8 years. I saw him ride a few times, and I thought he was the most talented rider I had ever seen. This inspired me to buy my first streetbike, an RR, ofcourse. I continued to ride with him and some other local guys, learning as much as I could along the way. Before long I was doing freeway standups, etc, and I thought we were pretty good...then it happened.
Somehow, we were invited to ride with some guys who were supposed to be the craziest guys aorund. We rolled up and met Nick Hill from Scooter Trash and Matt Weber. These were the first 12's and long stoppies I had ever seen. I have been involved in this sport ever since, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. As a side benefit, all my best friends were introduced to me as a result of riding and stunting.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:12 AM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Payback Time!

Originally Posted by XRodgCC
first wheelie I saw was some guy from my neighborhood on a old yzf or fzr. i was in the fifth grade, which makes the year 1993. i used to sit on the corner and watch him fly by a few times, then the neighbors would call the cops.
that sounds oddly familiar, just replace that yzf with a f2/f3 and change the year, and you have the first wheelie I ever seen
Old 02-26-2004, 01:27 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

I gotta say it was my older brother that really inspired me to start stunting. I had seen some vids and all, and it was definatley some dope sh*t, but my bro made me want to be a part of it. He got his first bike, a 2002 Gixxer 600, got the frame powder coated black, rims yellow. (it was the y/b 600) I am not BSing, this kid was doing wheelie-endoe-wheelie combos down the street about 3 weeks after getting his bike, and doing them damn good. He saw a guy do a rolling burnout on a vid, said "hey, that looks like fun," went and, his first try no sh*t, rolled over a hundred feet. Of course, reality had to catch up to the both of us, and the poor damn kid got swatted by a 75 year old lady doing an illegal u-turn across four lanes of traffic, his bike could just about have fit into a phucking suitcase after that, and I flipped a high chair endoe about 2 weeks later. Nowadays about the craziest stunt I do is a tank wheelie, and those only because when I first started, they looked like the dopest sh*t, don't know why, but they're the wheelie that I wanted to be able to do.

Ride hard, Ride safe.

P.S., does anyone else hate riding through a neighborhood, and while you're leaned over into a turn, some idiot yelling "DO A WHEELIE!!!" Kids today need some major pysics/gravity lessons. I want to yell back "Sure, I'll fly into someones house for your amusement...."
Old 02-26-2004, 03:51 AM

NBSTUNTERZdave is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, i came across a copy of the first starboyz tape and it was on. me and my room mate went and bought used bikes like the next day. yeah, we could wheelie and thought we were pimp chit!!!

But I'd have to say that Matt Gorka has inspired me to ride the way i do. im not just saying that cuz its his thread. im saying that cuz once we saw that video(1096),with him, thew and bobby. we were like, holy sh*t!!! we gotta do that stuff. we must have watched that video 5 times a day and i watched it every night before i went to sleep. my roomate and i would allways practice during work on the side parking lot. trying to do stoppies and see who could go longer. then one day it clicked and i got them really good(for back in the day). so i owe that to gorka.

Then the slow stuff came out, woah, i said, ill never be able to do that!!! well, all it took was a little help from those that could do it. Brandon Ulrich(PBR), and a few more videos solved my problem. i was so scared evrytime i tried slow wheelies. But seeing Brandon do it and do it as smooth as he does, made me want to do it. I remember when Brandon was learning circles. I was there at Daytona Municipal center when he pulled his first one.

But any way if you didnt wanna read all of the above, I'd say for me, Matt Gorka and Brandon Ulrich....

thanks guys!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 07:10 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Darkmind is a decent person

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
How about when you finally met your favorite rider, or got that e-mail or talked to them on the phone the first time. Todd Colbert was the first Pro I spoke to. I don't remember how, but I was on the phone with him freaking out (Todd, don't go get a big head, now you're just plain ol' Marshall to me.....(if anyone gets that)) He was asking for footage for Judgment Day (little tid-bit of info: the scrape in JD1 was my very first one caught on film). It was like 1096 was getting our "big break." We were so excited, I must have called everyone I knew telling them I was going to be in a MOVIE! Unbelievable to us.
Damn, why is it that memories of the past, for whatever reason, always seem better than the present?
Ahhhhh, the memories.

The first real pro i met was Thew at stuntwars last year, and thats when i found out that he lives 10 min from my house in grand rapids michigan. LOL go figure. After that every time i'm home i give him a beep on the nextell and see whats going on.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:29 AM

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

definitly watching all the videos for the last 3 or 4 years as they came out. but the first time i ever said "thats what i want to do" was when i first got my zx6 2 years ago. never had really seen anyone stunt hardcore up close, the i went out with a guy who i used to roll with and met up with the vmc crew. saw duker take a ****ing wicked curve at about 80 or 85. they prob. dont even that was me hanging way in the back doing my little 1 block wheelies, hope not anyways i ****ing sucked bad back then.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:16 AM
BACK UP IN THAT ASS

GMO750 is an unknown quantity at this point

-FTP 1 (Coffey's pre-release copy)

-Old school Daytona/Laconia

-Squeakin some of our footage into D-Aces "Set it off"

-Riding only on 116 and the highway, and runnin the cops daily

Seems like in some ways this "sport" is growing and therefore improving - in other ways it seems like it's lost it's mojo
Old 02-26-2004, 09:51 AM
Regular StuntLifer

BrynBaily is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember it all starting back in 1996 when my buddies and I were fresh outa high school. That was the year that Suzuki came out with the SRAD. At that time I think we were willing to sell body parts to own one of those right out of high school! I eventually ended up with a F3 my first year of college and met a guy who worked with Scott Caraboolad part time at the parts counter at the bike shop. I remember guys used to rag on him for his style, riding wheelies and the idea he had of making a video. Then came Kevin on his SRAD (the one with orange wheels from FTP 1) rollin the sickest wheelies, stoppies and burnouts I’ve ever seen in person. From that day on I was corrupted! After riding with em just a few times my F3 was totaled with only 4300 miles on it….from you guessed it…….stuntin (or tryin my best to) lmao! Shortly after that Scott talked me into buying a 900RR Fireblade from Canada and ordering one of these pimp Vanson star jackets that they all just got…lol. Eventually ended up workin part time with Kevin at a local bike shop and realized he lived only a few miles down the road. My best friend Brandon (Bad Boy) ended up getting involved also hooking up with the boyz and is now with em full time. Throughout all this I’ve only became a bigger fan of the sport and have been lucky enough to get the opportunity to meet and party with some of the finest riders in the industry.
I remember the days when there were just a few bike vids. The old Wink vid, my original FTP in the plain white sleve case....both worn out from excessive use.......ahhh those were the days! :YEAH
Old 02-26-2004, 10:16 AM

ryanaka99cents is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhhhh, the memories.
nice reference to Slim Shady, lmao
Old 02-26-2004, 10:44 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

First Video I saw was the Starboyz FTP. Then DTE 1.

May 31st 2002 - (my dang old birthday) My girlfriend didn't know what to get me, so she emailed Johnny Kula from DTE & asked if they'd come down for my B Day - I was havin' a cook out that day. Me and some of my boys were there, as well as some of my family. Only 2 of us rode, I had a brand new R1 & my boy had one too (back when i thought i needed a 165hp bike to wheelie). Anyway, bout 45 minuntes into the cook out, i hear all these loud *** bikes comming down my quiet ***'d neighbor hood -

I go out the front door to see DTE commin down the street w/ Chauncey on his 900 when it was white in a slow wheelie (never had seen one in person before). They preceded to do a good 20 minute show infront of my house tearin it the hell out. THen chilled out for a good hour or so, and did another show before they left.

DTE was no doubt the reason I started riding. A group of guys that didn't know me from a hole in the wall, came down to ride at my house cause my girl told them I was a fan. Now that is what this sport is all about.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:58 AM

ryanaka99cents is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1000ceecee
First Video I saw was the Starboyz FTP. Then DTE 1.

May 31st 2002 - (my dang old birthday) My girlfriend didn't know what to get me, so she emailed Johnny Kula from DTE & asked if they'd come down for my B Day - I was havin' a cook out that day. Me and some of my boys were there, as well as some of my family. Only 2 of us rode, I had a brand new R1 & my boy had one too (back when i thought i needed a 165hp bike to wheelie). Anyway, bout 45 minuntes into the cook out, i hear all these loud *** bikes comming down my quiet ***'d neighbor hood -

I go out the front door to see DTE commin down the street w/ Chauncey on his 900 when it was white in a slow wheelie (never had seen one in person before). They preceded to do a good 20 minute show infront of my house tearin it the hell out. THen chilled out for a good hour or so, and did another show before they left.

DTE was no doubt the reason I started riding. A group of guys that didn't know me from a hole in the wall, came down to ride at my house cause my girl told them I was a fan. Now that is what this sport is all about.

dude that **** just sent chills up my spine :YEAH
Old 02-26-2004, 11:04 AM
Regular StuntLifer

DieTrying is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Casa
lol dope did you ever stunt the radian?
http://www.onewheelup.com/videos/dt.wmv
http://www.onewheelup.com/videos/dt12.wmv

Last edited by DieTrying; 02-26-2004 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:18 AM

Jay6 is a decent person

Matt, what a great thread to start Well needed
Old 02-26-2004, 11:54 AM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough

OK here is my story... I was riding a 1997 Honda Magna and saw one day on TV a clip of some guys doing wheelies down the highways! It was SICK!!! I thought it was the coolest **** I ever saw. For other reasons I soon got a 94 900RR. and one day I was at my local Honda shop where they were playing a video of the same guys on the news. I HAD to have it! The salesman sold me StarBoyz FTP for $10. It was all over from then. Soon after I saw an ad in a magazine for a new video called LVX. I paid over $30 for a preorder copy and it was on!

Then my best friend Danny and I started playin around. I wanted to do endos and he wanted the wheelies. So we practiced all the time. Back then it was at intersections, in traffic or in big public parking lots. (see pic #1) Then i started gettin pretty good. We both started getting realy good and met up with some other guys, Big Chip, Weber, Crazy J... We started the Loose Cannons... We pushed ourselves and pushed ourselves. EVERYDAY we watched the videos... Streetfighterz, New Yorks Finest, FTP 1&2, D-Aces, and LVX. Those were the ONLY videos. and we wore those tapes out. I learned every trip possible. We all did. It was a blast! (see pic #2)We were like Gods of the bikes in Chicago!! (see pic #3 & 4)

So we filed a video with the ValpoBoyz, and RuffXtremes... it was the chit back then! I wanted to get it out to the big guys. Our friend Aaron (now WhackPak) sent it out to everyone he could think of. So I heard the StarBoyz were going to be at the Toronto Motorcycle Show and HAD to go see them. I walked in and straight to thier table... It was a sunday afternoon, last day of the show. They were all hungover. Kevin was slumped over lookin like he was about to die. I walked up and said "Hey whats up?" He was like "ugggghhhh" I said, "My name is Shugga from the Loose Cannons" and all of a sudden he was alive and awake. He called Scott and Joe over and they all said "we watched your video on the way up here in the van and it rocks!!" I about crapped myself right there! The StarBoyz LOVED out video!!!!!!!! Next thing you know I was on the phone with Kevin back at home and they wanted to release our video! Loose Cannons video distributed by the StarBoyz!! WHOO HOOO!!

From that point on... its all history. StuntFests... shows... my life was stunting... and then as with almost all groups... we broke up. But I couldnt stay away from stunt riding.... At the time I was hurt from looping a highchair wheelie and I decided to start StuntLife... in Feb 02... you know the rest...

thats all. thats my story...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	shug-rr-stop2.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	66374   Click image for larger version

Name:	shugstand2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	66376   Click image for larger version

Name:	sh14.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	66377   Click image for larger version

Name:	shugendosnow.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	66378  
Old 02-26-2004, 12:28 PM
Regular StuntLifer

jaxen112 is an unknown quantity at this point

You know, every now and then reading the crap and drama on here is quite entertaining. Then, it takes it's toll. It takes the heart and soul out of me. The heart and soul of back in the day, when I was truly inspired to ride.

There are 2 monumental moments, and because of them, I am the rider (whatever that means ) I am today:

1) Daytona, 1999: Dayton Bike Week, shiny new yellow/white 900rr. First time in Florida, sun, fun, first gear power wheelies. Can't get any better. My boys are taking longer than chicks to get ready to go to Razzles, so I decide to get on my bike and hit the strip instead of wait in the room. Sitting at Wendy's with all the sportbikes, these 4 dudes fly by doing the craziest things I'd ever seen. "Yo, those are those boys from Akron" one dude says. I barely caught any of it, but the last 2 wheelies. They take off and don't return for 5 or 10 minutes. Then, Scott comes by and does the highest stoppie right next to me 2 feet from the curb and Kevin does a donut right in the middle of the intersection, with total disrespect to traffic. Truest form of FTP I'd ever seen. I replay it in my head to this day. It is still larger than life. Until that day, I'd never truly been inspired in my life. I can't describe how it drove me. That night, everyone went to the bar but me. I went back and forth on those side roads off A1A trying to learn the stoppie, hour after hour. The beginning of my stunting carreer. They are my true Idols, and will forever hold that title.

2) Wink 1100: I remember getting this beat-up bootleg copy of "Ruff Ryders" from one of my best friends. With a pre-conceived notion, I popped it into my VCR. After the intro thinking I'd never be able to make it through the whole thing, I see my first 12:00 wheelie. I from that point on rode day after day, sometimes all night until the sun came up, on a mission to learn the 12:00.
I laugh, remembering how I sat 2 feet from the front of the T.V. like a child
rewinding (lost the remote years ago) that clip of him on the red 900 in manhattan, like someone with obsessive compulsive disorder
Wink, I owe you the most respect. YOU owe me a VCR.

I'd like to hear about other people's inspirational moments.

Glad to hear a pro give props and respect back to the pioneers, most wouldnt swallow their ego's and admit that ****. I hate hearing ppl knock winky cause he doesnt have much exposure anymore.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:40 PM

Veggie Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1000ceecee
I go out the front door to see DTE commin down the street
How cool is that?

Quick Reply: Payback Time!