The Wheelie Machine on 2wheel tuesday

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 08:52 PM

iStunt is an unknown quantity at this point
The Wheelie Machine on 2wheel tuesday

Just say it on speed, next week they will have a segment on that wheelie machine. :YEAH
Old 02-24-2004, 11:03 PM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Wheelie Machine on 2wheel tuesday

yeh I seen that too
Old 02-25-2004, 05:28 AM

danzx-9r is an unknown quantity at this point

**** my damn digital cable just got shut off sun. And now i can't watch speed (2 wheel tuesday) no moore until i get my dish hooked up
keep it posted on whats going on :YEAH
Old 02-25-2004, 10:35 PM

__37__ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by danzx-9r
**** my damn digital cable just got shut off sun. And now i can't watch speed (2 wheel tuesday) no moore until i get my dish hooked up
keep it posted on whats going on :YEAH
i saw that too. i caught the end of it and was pissed because i thought they only showed a 2 minute clip. nice to know it is on next week thought
Old 02-26-2004, 04:52 AM

NBSTUNTERZdave is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, when you guys watch that next week, see if they have a contact number or e-mail or something, anything. we are having a bike day in florida and i was asked to talk to them about coming but i have no info, and i dont have cable(never home to watch it), if you come across som info can you please p.m. me with it!!!!

thanks a lot,

dave m.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:36 PM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

what did they show? my roomate and i are gonna be building one...

the roller mechanism is the hard part.
I say its gotta be weighted to give a ton of inertia to simulate riding on pavement, but my man dave's coming at it from a different way.

Last edited by martino; 03-03-2004 at 02:19 AM.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by martino
what did they show? my roomate and i are gonna be building one...

the roller mechanism is the hard part.
I say its gotta be weighted to give a ton of inertia to simulate riding on pavement, but my man dave's coming at it from a different way.
they didn't give any info on it as far as having the come to a bike rally, I think they are going to be selling them.

they said it started off as a dyno and went from there. to help the forks out, they put a small trapoline down for the front tire to land on.

you could probably make it out of a weighted drum with a type of braking mechanism on the drum to simulate resistance that you can control. thats how i would do it if i were to build one.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:11 AM
DNFstunt

Regstunts is a decent person

I seen it on SPEED. I seen it in person @ stuntwars too. I guess its cool, but if you wanna learn wheelies, I say to take it to the back streets like everyone else did.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:33 AM

JixerBF is an unknown quantity at this point

Yo that thing is Now I know some purists would say that it takes away from the sport and that it could be considered cheating and blah blah blah, but for someone who has looped a bike (3000$) and served time and paid fines (probably cost me about 20 grand all together) it sure would be a great investment if I could buy one for say around 5000$ not including bike. :YEAH not to metion a huge boost for the sport.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:02 PM

for info on the wheelie machine goto www.wheelieride.com
Old 03-10-2004, 10:12 PM
wheres all the fat girls

anyone have ideas on how to make one?

the dude said its got a 600 pound roller..
Old 03-11-2004, 09:05 AM

anyone have ideas on how to make one?

the dude said its got a 600 pound roller..
it would make sense that the roller would have to represent you riding down the road. so if your bike with you on it weights 550 lbs, you would need somewhere around that amount of weight on the drum to simulate you riding down the road. a hollow drum with weight bar going through the center and welded into place (a straight bar, used for bench press) should do the trick. This way, you would be able to vary the weight of the drum for rider and bike to better simulate riding down the road.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:08 AM
wheres all the fat girls

Originally Posted by __37__
it would make sense that the roller would have to represent you riding down the road. so if your bike with you on it weights 550 lbs, you would need somewhere around that amount of weight on the drum to simulate you riding down the road. a hollow drum with weight bar going through the center and welded into place (a straight bar, used for bench press) should do the trick. This way, you would be able to vary the weight of the drum for rider and bike to better simulate riding down the road.
thats a great idea, and if you couldnt come up with enough weight, you could have a chain and sprocket set power some remotely spinning weights like at 3x speed and giving you 3x spinning mass.

i was thinking of going to a heavy equipment junkyard and seeing what i can scrounge up, maybe a junk steamroller wheel or something.

my friend made a homemade 'steamroller' to flatten earth in his yard, its a 15" diameter pipe with ends welded on and bearings and hubs on the ends.. it has a place where you can fill it with water and it gets extremely heavy. the things gotta weight 700 lbs full..

fixing the bike axle to a mount will be tough, i was thinking of getting some long threaded rod to replace the axle bolt.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:12 AM

thats a great idea, and if you couldnt come up with enough weight, you could have a chain and sprocket set power some remotely spinning weights like at 3x speed and giving you 3x spinning mass.

i was thinking of going to a heavy equipment junkyard and seeing what i can scrounge up, maybe a junk steamroller wheel or something.

my friend made a homemade 'steamroller' to flatten earth in his yard, its a 15" diameter pipe with ends welded on and bearings and hubs on the ends.. it has a place where you can fill it with water and it gets extremely heavy. the things gotta weight 700 lbs full..

fixing the bike axle to a mount will be tough, i was thinking of getting some long threaded rod to replace the axle bolt.

the only thing with water is that unless the drum is completly full, the water would slosh around and create an "unrealistic" ride
Old 03-11-2004, 10:16 AM
wheres all the fat girls

Originally Posted by __37__
the only thing with water is that unless the drum is completly full, the water would slosh around and create an "unrealistic" ride
very true, there would have to be interal baffles to keep the water moving with the roller. but not restrict the water from equalizing around the inside as not to throw it way off balance.