Hydro lock

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 12:43 PM

daCrunk1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hydro lock

Last week I went down and when the bike hit I thought it was nothing cause it didn't hit so hard.But when I restarted the bike it seemed as if the throttle was locked wide open,an all I smelled was gas.I shut the bike off checked the throttle,and it wasn't.Turned the bike back on,and it did the same thing(wide open throttle,smelling alot of gas).Asked a partner of mine and he said when that happens its called "Hydro Lock"and I'm like WTF is that?Anyways can't afford the the shop to fix it($75 an hour)and I really don't think its that big of a deal.Does anybody know or had this problem before?Help a brotha out it like 65 an gett'n warmer.Any pointers would help

Peace,
Old 02-20-2004, 12:51 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person
Re: Hydro lock

doesnt sound like thats the prob but if you pull out the spark plugs and turn the thing over a few times it should clean it out (make sure you put a cloth over the spark plug holes or ur gonna have a mess if it is)

sounds like it may have just been flooded out though or maybe a tipover sensor
Old 02-20-2004, 03:01 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

What kind of bike? It sounds more like you had a couple of floats stuck open. If it is carbuerated.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Kyle_PBZ
What kind of bike? It sounds more like you had a couple of floats stuck open. If it is carbuerated.
it's gixxer600 an 02,I got a buddy coming over to look at it tonight,I'm crossing my fingers lol
Old 02-20-2004, 05:13 PM

TECK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hydro lock is when you get water or any liquid in the combustion chamber, the piston cant compress it so it just locks up, and sometimes breaks internal engin parts!!

sounds more like you have a float open or something......
Old 02-20-2004, 05:17 PM

Pepe is an unknown quantity at this point

either a stuck float or even as stupid as a pinched throttle cable.

Make sure you can work the throttle the entire way?

Hope this helps
Old 02-20-2004, 05:20 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

standy is a decent person

check to make sure the throttle bodies didn't pop out of the boots....if they did it will cause an air leak that will make it rev high all the time.
Old 02-20-2004, 05:59 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Tenny is an unknown quantity at this point

that is what happeend to me when i was at stuntwars and some ***** decided to put my bike upside down in the parking lot.

if there is oil all over the place then its prolly hydrolocked
take your airbox apart and if there is oil in the valves (mines was completly fuking full) then its definatly hydrolocked. take out your plugs and then with the plugs OUT of the bike try and start it and it will shoot oil all over the place so dont do this one in your basement. when your done clean your plugs, spray some carb cleaner in your plug holes, and check your air filter it would normally be fuked and full of oil. if its not hydrolocked which it doesn't really sound like it because if you were only down for a little bit it shouldn't do it, check your plugs and see if you fouled them out cause if its cold and you down your bike its easy to foul the plugs. (fouled plugs=really black and smell like gas)
Old 02-20-2004, 07:06 PM

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tenny44
that is what happeend to me when i was at stuntwars and some ***** decided to put my bike upside down in the parking lot.

yo, I bet it was RPM
Old 02-21-2004, 12:43 PM

pussycat can only hope to improve

??????????????????????????????/
Old 02-21-2004, 08:06 PM

well worked on that bitch all night and today,finally some results.The plugs an air box were filled with oil an gas,cleaned them ouy ,now I'm back on :YEAH verticaljay was right thanks for the tip,an eveyone elses help.Time to get my stunt on !!!

Peace!!!
Old 02-21-2004, 08:56 PM

Tenny is an unknown quantity at this point

verticle jay was right? i was right :P its exactly what i said it did and i even gave you instructions on how to fix it!
Old 02-21-2004, 09:07 PM

r6 n shit is an unknown quantity at this point

[I MIGHT HAVE LOCKED UP ONE OF MY 2 R6 MOTORS BUT **** MOUNTINNG IT BAck in the frame to find out
Old 02-22-2004, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tenny44
verticle jay was right? i was right :P its exactly what i said it did and i even gave you instructions on how to fix it!

Oh **** my bad Playa let me clear this up huh um........Stuntas ya Boy an mine TENNY 44 hooked me up,he's was on point with the problem,knew the solution and gotta brotha back on the street (in a good way)!So I wanna send a big shout out to TENNY44with his pimp *** mechanics pointers. :YEAH
Old 02-23-2004, 01:46 AM

Craps is an unknown quantity at this point

some are a little confused...the meaning of "hydrolock" is not just oil in the intake, or too much gas in the spark plugs...hydrolock is when the headgasket or crack in the head allows water/coolant to get into the cylinder chambers, try to run it and b/c of the water and lack of oil the cylinder will
weld itself to the outside of the cylinder wall, and then bye-bye engine...well not always, sometimes you can get them apart...but the entire engine must be completely stripped including the valves/intake in the head, and the cylinders usually have to be rebored and the pistons need new rings, or new pistons all together...
your problem is just as the others said: carbs, fuel line, throttle cable...etc.