Question on draging pegs, knees?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 12:05 PM

99'Honda900rr is an unknown quantity at this point
Question on draging pegs, knees?

This is kind of off the subject from stunting, but I ride with a group of guys that have newer f3's and some f4's (600's) when we do high way riding they literally scrape their pegs on the on and off ramps.... I have a 900rr and can't seem to get that low... I tried it once in the summer in a neighborhood and laid it down pretty good... It felt as if the bike ran out of tire and just fell..??? Is it not possible to drag pegs on a 900 because I plan on trying again in the summer.. also how much would a FI cage hurt my ability to get low into corners.. Havn't got it yet but plan on it.. Thanks,
Old 02-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
Re: Question on draging pegs, knees?

it most definatley IS possible to drag pegs on ANY bike including a RR....especially with the squid feelers on the bottom of the footpegs themselves. FI cage will inhibit your lean angle abilities as will ANY other cage. if anyone tells you their cage wont hit, they are lying and simply do not lay it over far enough. you should sign up for a track day, it will make any rider better and you dont have to worry about the dangers of the street...i highly recommend it, it is waaaay more of a thrill than any streetriding or stunting can give you!

with good tires and suspension setup, it is possible to scrape lower fairings on the ground.

btw: any honda f-series have lower footpegs than most other manufacturers.

teach
Old 02-20-2004, 12:57 PM
M50M OG

Sonicjay is a decent person

Yeah, what Teach said.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:27 PM

TRH_13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 99'Honda900rr
when we do high way riding they literally scrape their pegs on the on and off ramps.... I have a 900rr and can't seem to get that low...
It's definitely possible! First make sure that your bike is set-up for riding instead of stuntin': tire pressure and suspension settings back to standard.
Then if you are riding about the same speed as they are (through the corner) and they are scrapin' and you are not, it's probably a difference in riding style or weight.
If your friends all weigh 180 and you only 120 on a bigger bike that can easily make the difference.
If you hang off the bike more than they do ,you're putting your weight towards the corner and you're taking the load off your backtire. This is the safer method (same speed but less lean-angle) but will require more speed to grind the pegs.
Never try to find the edge with a body position you're not comfortable with.
Just put titanium bolts in your kneesliders and grind them to bits!!!

Much safer and way more sparks. :YEAH
Old 02-20-2004, 10:08 PM

slylos is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you using a 180 or 190 on the back? If you wanna get low, 180 is the only way to go . . . a 190 crown is a lot fatter and doesn't round off as sharp on the edges as a 180 . . . a 190 with low tire pressure is great for wheelies tho :YEAH

Make sure you come off your bike in a turn, you can turn alot sharper without leaning the bike over as far . . . Coming off is when you slide your *** over a bit and only one cheek is on the seat and your turning knee is sticking out . . . It also keeps the earth from looking like its sideways
Old 02-20-2004, 10:28 PM

ENASNI TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Be sure your tire is warmed up too.