Chicago isn't just streets...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 12:02 AM

WEBER is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Chicago isn't just streets...

NO EASY ANSWER FOR THIS ONE GUYS. HOW DO YOU ADVANCE A SPORT THAT WOULDNT EVEN EXIST IF IT WASNT FOR THE STREETS? WHEN I FIRST STARTED LEARNING THE TRICKS THAT WE DO, NONE OF MY FRIENDS WANTED TO SCREW UP THERE BIKES TO LEARN, SO I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO DO IT ON THE STREETS. KEEP IN MIND THIS WAS IN 2000 WHEN THERE WERE ONLY LIKE 2 STUNT GROUPS OUT THERE. THE MOST IMPRESSIONABLE WAS THE STARBOYS. MOST OF THEIR FOOTAGE WAS HIGHWAY RIDING AND SPLITTIN CARS. I WAS AT MARINOS HOUSE THE DAY BEFORE THE VERY FIRST STUNT COMP AND WE DESTROYED THE HIGHWAYS IN OHIO. NO CROWDS TO WATCH US OR PRIZE MONEY TO WIN JUST RIDIN TO RIDE. THAT SUMMER IS STILL THE BEST RIDING THIS SPORT HAS EVER BROUGHT ME. THE TRICKS WERE STILL VERY BASIC BUT IT WAS A LOT OF FUN TO JUMP ON THE BIKE AND RIDE. THAT WAS THE SAME SUMMER THAT I MET CRAZY J AND SUGGA. THEY ASKED ME TO JOIN THEIR TEAM AND WE HAVE BEEN GREAT FRIENDS EVER SINCE. TO TELL YOU GUYS THE TRUTH IT KINDA MAKES ME SICK TO SEE WHERE THIS SPORT ENDED UP, A BUNCH OF BITCHIN AT EACH OTHER ON THIS BOARD. IF THIS SPORT IS GONNA GO BIG, ITS UP TO CORP. LEVEL SPONSORS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. THE FEW PEOPLE THAT DO THIS STUFF IN THE STREETS IS NOT GONNA SPOIL IT FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANNA MAKE THIS YOUR CAREER. THERE ARE SOME OF US THAT STILL DO THIS JUST BECAUSE WE WANT TO RIDE. I'M NOT SAYING THAT I WOULDNT LOVE TO MAKE IT MY JOB, I JUST DONT HAVE THE RESOURCES TO QUIT MY JOB AND TRAVEL ALL OVER TO MAKE A LIVING AT THIS. I WISH ALL YOU GUYS WHO CAN THE BEST OF LUCK, HOPEFULLY IT PAYS OFF. THE ONLY THING I ASK, IS THAT YOU GUYS DONT FORGET WHERE THE HEART OF THIS SPORT IS. I DO WHAT I DO BECAUSE I LOVE IT.

WEBER
Old 02-19-2004, 12:35 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

and that folks has just shut this thread down

pimp **** weber

holla
Old 02-19-2004, 12:59 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

KC Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WEBER
NO EASY ANSWER FOR THIS ONE GUYS. HOW DO YOU ADVANCE A SPORT THAT WOULDNT EVEN EXIST IF IT WASNT FOR THE STREETS? WHEN I FIRST STARTED LEARNING THE TRICKS THAT WE DO, NONE OF MY FRIENDS WANTED TO SCREW UP THERE BIKES TO LEARN, SO I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO DO IT ON THE STREETS. KEEP IN MIND THIS WAS IN 2000 WHEN THERE WERE ONLY LIKE 2 STUNT GROUPS OUT THERE. THE MOST IMPRESSIONABLE WAS THE STARBOYS. MOST OF THEIR FOOTAGE WAS HIGHWAY RIDING AND SPLITTIN CARS. I WAS AT MARINOS HOUSE THE DAY BEFORE THE VERY FIRST STUNT COMP AND WE DESTROYED THE HIGHWAYS IN OHIO. NO CROWDS TO WATCH US OR PRIZE MONEY TO WIN JUST RIDIN TO RIDE. THAT SUMMER IS STILL THE BEST RIDING THIS SPORT HAS EVER BROUGHT ME. THE TRICKS WERE STILL VERY BASIC BUT IT WAS A LOT OF FUN TO JUMP ON THE BIKE AND RIDE. THAT WAS THE SAME SUMMER THAT I MET CRAZY J AND SUGGA. THEY ASKED ME TO JOIN THEIR TEAM AND WE HAVE BEEN GREAT FRIENDS EVER SINCE. TO TELL YOU GUYS THE TRUTH IT KINDA MAKES ME SICK TO SEE WHERE THIS SPORT ENDED UP, A BUNCH OF BITCHIN AT EACH OTHER ON THIS BOARD. IF THIS SPORT IS GONNA GO BIG, ITS UP TO CORP. LEVEL SPONSORS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. THE FEW PEOPLE THAT DO THIS STUFF IN THE STREETS IS NOT GONNA SPOIL IT FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANNA MAKE THIS YOUR CAREER. THERE ARE SOME OF US THAT STILL DO THIS JUST BECAUSE WE WANT TO RIDE. I'M NOT SAYING THAT I WOULDNT LOVE TO MAKE IT MY JOB, I JUST DONT HAVE THE RESOURCES TO QUIT MY JOB AND TRAVEL ALL OVER TO MAKE A LIVING AT THIS. I WISH ALL YOU GUYS WHO CAN THE BEST OF LUCK, HOPEFULLY IT PAYS OFF. THE ONLY THING I ASK, IS THAT YOU GUYS DONT FORGET WHERE THE HEART OF THIS SPORT IS. I DO WHAT I DO BECAUSE I LOVE IT.

WEBER

:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Old 02-19-2004, 03:33 PM

pussycat can only hope to improve

this is fuking ridiculous, ride hwerever the *** you want ,,,,have fun who cares about the cops or the companies, its all about having fun nomatter how you do it.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:14 PM

WheelieKing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pussycat
this is fuking ridiculous, ride hwerever the *** you want ,,,,have fun who cares about the cops or the companies, its all about having fun nomatter how you do it.
Dude that's like the tenth post you have written in that font.......Do you have size issues.... :YEAH :YEAH

Just have fun.....Too much politics!!!
Old 02-19-2004, 07:27 PM

Location: The Roughest Ghetto In The World (Ramadi, Iraq) USMC
fabes can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by WheelieKing
Dude that's like the tenth post you have written in that font.......Do you have size issues.... :YEAH :YEAH

Just have fun.....Too much politics!!!
Don't mind pussycat, he is just another attention *****
Old 02-19-2004, 07:44 PM

iwannagixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

i think he's compensating for lack of size somewhere else.

j/k man.

i do however agree to the past 6 or so posts of this thread. :YEAH

ride for yourself. **** corp america.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:06 PM

Nefarious can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by iwannagixxer
i think he's compensating for lack of size somewhere else.

j/k man.

i do however agree to the past 6 or so posts of this thread. :YEAH

ride for yourself. **** corp america.

Never said not to ride for oneself... just not to confuse such selfserving actions with what a sport is....

ie walking down the street dropkicking people is not the sport of karate
Old 02-19-2004, 08:51 PM

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nefarious
Never said not to ride for oneself... just not to confuse such selfserving actions with what a sport is....

but rollin a 100ft stoppie at a light is what got this sport out there in the first place. in my opinion without some street riding this sport will not grow.people see it and want to know where they can see more. the fan base reaches a much larger, more diverse audience in my opinion on the streets than it does if street riding were stopped all together.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:17 PM

WheelZnorth_Jim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nefarious

YOU ARE RIGHT..... THATS BIG TIME WRESTLING....

:YEAH
Old 02-21-2004, 11:52 AM

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve

i hear ya all about the parking lot ****,yea it keeps everything on the low and when corprate america (AKA i want your money) is watching i totally hear that ****,and yea ive been practicing in a lot now for the last season of riding but im getting tired of the same old **** i mean cops hassle us at our spots too. . i was brought up by the streets, my friends who i wasnt friends with at the time came up on the streets,some credible names of this(so called sport)still LOVE the street, and thats why im taking it back to the streets for myself this up coming season. because in my mind, mass has fallen off as a true get down to it nitty gritty street scene like when it all started. ,im not saying that the people who have reputations and full time careers to uphold should be out there doing it. but **** you all know you love the streets and whhish you could be out there getting chased wioth a folded up plate like back in the dayz. and with that being said do you own sh.it and f.uck everyone else.
if this doestn make any sense at all hate me i just woke up and am ranting. have a nice day.
mike
Old 02-23-2004, 07:25 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Drew Stone is a decent person

WEBER
Respect
Old 03-05-2004, 07:34 PM

-Eric- is an unknown quantity at this point

wow, i missed this thread until just now. even weber threw in his pennies. ill just sit back and continue to read.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:09 PM

F T P is an unknown quantity at this point

WEBER
Thats my dawg thats my thats my dawg! str8 gangsta shut it down 4 sure u know its a whole lot of **** talkin if Weber gots ta come in and put his two cents in. Thats what im talkin bout get em Weber
Old 03-09-2004, 08:30 AM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by KeithB
That's probably because your 14 according to your profile and have probably never had a friend of yours get killed riding a wheelie on a saturday night..You guy's want the streets , you'll can have them.

that's my 2 cents . Take it how you will

Keith
Im 28 and have many friends die on bikes. Seen a couple of them. My best friend died doing a stunt show infront of 5000 people on a closed track at a Grave Digger monster truck show... Last funeral I went to for bikes was in september... Its a lifestyle many of us live.

And I love riding the streets.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sh2.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	68067   Click image for larger version

Name:	shugstandy.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	68068  
Old 03-09-2004, 08:35 AM

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

well worded, its a lifestyle and those of us that do it, accept that this could be our fate. but the love of the sport keeps us going. i had a close friend die stunting, i keep going because he would have if the situation were reversed. i would want any of my boys to keep going.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:47 AM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough

I WAS AT MARINOS HOUSE THE DAY BEFORE THE VERY FIRST STUNT COMP AND WE DESTROYED THE HIGHWAYS IN OHIO. NO CROWDS TO WATCH US OR PRIZE MONEY TO WIN JUST RIDIN TO RIDE. THAT SUMMER IS STILL THE BEST RIDING THIS SPORT HAS EVER BROUGHT ME. THE TRICKS WERE STILL VERY BASIC BUT IT WAS A LOT OF FUN TO JUMP ON THE BIKE AND RIDE. THAT WAS THE SAME SUMMER THAT I MET CRAZY J AND SUGGA. THEY ASKED ME TO JOIN THEIR TEAM AND WE HAVE BEEN GREAT FRIENDS EVER SINCE. TO TELL YOU GUYS THE TRUTH IT KINDA MAKES ME SICK TO SEE WHERE THIS SPORT ENDED UP, A BUNCH OF BITCHIN AT EACH OTHER ON THIS BOARD.
WEBER SPEAKS... SILENCE!!! hehe

Dude that ride was sick! Us, StarBoyz, New Yorks Finest, Wheelie Boyz, etc ttc man it would have been crazy to be in a car seeing all that lunacy on the streets! lol

Makes me sad too... believe me...
Old 03-09-2004, 11:33 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person

Like everyone else, I'm feeling what Matt said.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:38 AM

KC Tony is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shugga
Im 28 and have many friends die on bikes. Seen a couple of them. My best friend died doing a stunt show infront of 5000 people on a closed track at a Grave Digger monster truck show... Last funeral I went to for bikes was in september... Its a lifestyle many of us live.

And I love riding the streets.

I also have been many around bike deaths i watched a very good freind wreck last fall and when we went to check on him we found out he had been decapitated by a quardrail. That was a very tragic thing but do we stop ridin, no because that not what he would have wanted and it is a risk you accept everytime you strap your helmet on. If you can not except that fact then you dont need to be riding.

Peace
Old 03-09-2004, 04:53 PM

954John is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to say something about this thread.

I have ridden with a lot of the Chicago peeps and almost all of them started and play in the streets. It start there and will probably end there. Now you have all these "stunt teams" lookin to make some cash, get sponsers, and try to take this "sport" to a new level. I think that if someone or a group of someones has enough skills to impress a corporate sponser and get a "hook up", then more power to them. But do not forget how you got to that level. There are still a lot of riders out there that only have the opportunity to show their skills on the streets. Does this make them a squid? Yes, probably, if they are trying to show off these skills durning rush hour or downtown where if something happens, more then one person could get hurt. But if these same peeps take to the highways and there is a few cars around and you want to pull up a standup, then I say go for it.

Everyone is now money hungry and looking for the easy dollar. This is why we have so many lawsuits over stupid things.

I know that I just rambled a lot of BS, but I feel that RodgCC, Weber, and even Nefarious all have valid points. This could be real sport with major endorsement deals, but then we would all turn into someone like Pauly from LVX (J/K). I am just saying that everyone should relax and not take riding so serious. You know if you have the skills or not, let the skills make the sale to corporate.

Quick Reply: Chicago isn't just streets...