Lowering The 636

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 09:23 AM

STUNT DIVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Lowering The 636

QUICK QUESTION.....I JUST LOWERED MY 636 3" AND I NEED TO KNOW IF SOME ADJUSTMENTS NEED TO BE DONE TO THE FRONT. THERE IS VERY LITTLE CLEARANCE NOW AND I DONT WANT TO BREAK ANYTHING IN THE FRONT IF I COME SLAMMING DOWN.

THANKS,
Old 01-22-2004, 12:38 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

KC Tony is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Lowering The 636

If you are gonna wheelie and stunt your 636 raise it back up or you are gonna screw somethin up.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:20 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

bikerboy has a spectacular aura aboutbikerboy has a spectacular aura about

You can adjust the sterring setting to lower it a bit below the triple tree but then again, you are going against factory setting as the are made to be set at specific heights.

If you are that short, as bikes are made for folks appx 5'9 150, then you should have bought a fiddy

But as in my situation. The bikes were made for little people and I have to get stiffer springs to hold me up as I weigh 255-260lbs at 6'3"

But even the spring will be at the same specs. It will just be stiffer to hold my weight where it should be.

I think if you want to stunt, put it back. Why did you make it THAT low? Otherwise get some money for storage as you may be spending alot on parts.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:55 PM

CBR up on one is an unknown quantity at this point

You can't have both...a lowered bike that is a stunt bike....dosen't work like that. You will smash the hell out of the front. If you want to wheelie you have to raise it.
Old 01-22-2004, 02:09 PM

Squidmark is an unknown quantity at this point

How tall are you? You might be able to drop it an inch, but if you want to stunt it, one of the best things you could probly do is shave the seat (pull back vinyl, cut down the foam, & re-staple it).
Old 01-22-2004, 02:39 PM

CrazyKell is an unknown quantity at this point

Shave the seat and get some thick soled shoes!
Old 01-22-2004, 02:59 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Remove the front fender now, before you break it
Old 01-22-2004, 03:29 PM

Ryan_omc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CBR up on one
You can't have both...a lowered bike that is a stunt bike....dosen't work like that. You will smash the hell out of the front. If you want to wheelie you have to raise it.
My bike is quite low...you say it is bad for wheelies
Old 01-22-2004, 03:30 PM

Ryan_omc is an unknown quantity at this point

when my bike is straight, i can't fit my fist between it and the ground
Old 01-22-2004, 04:16 PM

I picked my bike back up it didnt stunt worth a ****. Here is a low and raised shot big difference. The front still needs to be brought all the way up because it is down just a little and still bottoms out if I come down a little hard.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bikeright.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	60743   Click image for larger version

Name:	stuntbike1.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	60744  
Old 01-22-2004, 05:14 PM

YOU GUYS ARE A FUGGIN TRIP!!! I AM 5'7" 130, BUT I LIKE THE SECURITY OF FLAT FEET ON THE GROUND WHEN I NEED IT! MY F3 IS WHAT I USE FOR STUNTING, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I MIGHT NOT YANK MY 636 UP ON OCCASION. NO SERIOUS STUFF THOUGH. I JUST WANTED TO BE SURE THAT I DIDN'T NEED TO ADJUST SOMETHING IN THE FRONT ALONG WITH THE LINK INSTALLATION.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:20 PM

5'7 and you need a 3 inch drop to be flat footed And when you ask about problems from "slamming down" you are gonna get alot of whellie related responses.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:26 PM

I Was Commenting On The Raising It Back Up Statements. I Was Simply Implying That I Have A Higher Bike For Stunting. The 636 Has 900 Miles On It And Will Be Used For Cruising. Not To Say I Won't Do An Occasional Wheelie Or 2, He He I Just Didn't Want To Play On It And Mess It Up. I Guess I Will Save My Playtime For The F3!
Old 01-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Felony Freestyle

Skinbabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by STUNT DIVA

YOU GUYS ARE A FUGGIN TRIP!!! I AM 5'7" 130, BUT I LIKE THE SECURITY OF FLAT FEET ON THE GROUND WHEN I NEED IT! MY F3 IS WHAT I USE FOR STUNTING, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I MIGHT NOT YANK MY 636 UP ON OCCASION. NO SERIOUS STUFF THOUGH. I JUST WANTED TO BE SURE THAT I DIDN'T NEED TO ADJUST SOMETHING IN THE FRONT ALONG WITH THE LINK INSTALLATION.
Im 5'3 and can stand the 636 on my toes... I hear ya tho on the flat foot thing. My roomate has a new 636 and I wont even play around trying to stand it cuz I know I cant. They are very skinny bikes tho which make it easier to stand... but your 5'7 and cant touch with out lowering it 3 inches ???
Old 01-22-2004, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by STUNT DIVA
I Was Commenting On The Raising It Back Up Statements. I Was Simply Implying That I Have A Higher Bike For Stunting. The 636 Has 900 Miles On It And Will Be Used For Cruising. Not To Say I Won't Do An Occasional Wheelie Or 2, He He I Just Didn't Want To Play On It And Mess It Up. I Guess I Will Save My Playtime For The F3!

Ok things make a little more sense now. Yeah my bike was fun for cruzin when lowered but that was it **** drags if you lean to hard and it isnt good for anything these bike were made for. As far as an occasional wheelie I would still be careful, my lower fairing is cracked from comin down when my bike was lowered. They look good low but you have to care extra care of what you are doin.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Skinbabe
Im 5'3 and can stand the 636 on my toes... I hear ya tho on the flat foot thing. My roomate has a new 636 and I wont even play around trying to stand it cuz I know I cant. They are very skinny bikes tho which make it easier to stand... but your 5'7 and cant touch with out lowering it 3 inches ???

3 INCHES IS HOW FAR THE LINKS TOOK IT DOWN TO. NOT THAT I NEEDED 3 BUT HELL......WORKS FOR ME!!
Old 01-28-2004, 03:38 AM

NBSTUNTERZdave is an unknown quantity at this point

i guess its not a new 636, whats the pick of, just a zx-6r??? cuz the new 636 cannot be lowered more then an inch in the front becuz the forks taper in and there is nothing to tighten the clipons and top triple clamp back to...
Old 01-28-2004, 07:49 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

I never saw the purpose of lowering a sport bike.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:57 AM

renozx6r is an unknown quantity at this point

I would for sure like to see a picture of the bike now that its lowered. Hell on mine Im 5'9" and dont stand flat footed. It sucks sometimes
Old 01-28-2004, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by NBSTUNTERZdave
i guess its not a new 636, whats the pick of, just a zx-6r??? cuz the new 636 cannot be lowered more then an inch in the front becuz the forks taper in and there is nothing to tighten the clipons and top triple clamp back to...

THE BIKE IS AN 03 NINJA 636, AND THE FRONT WAS NOT TOUCHED, JUST LINKS PUT IN THE REAR!...........I WILL POST AFTER PICS THIS EVENING.

Quick Reply: Lowering The 636