Glamma Stuntaz???

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 11:32 AM

David P.O.B. is an unknown quantity at this point
Glamma Stuntaz???

It seems as of lately, everyone is now going to a minty looking, painted, powder coated bike. My bike has a new look too, but i was wondering who all was fixing their bikes up and if you think that stunters with nice looking bikes will get more attention/recognition with a clean bike versus a beat up one?
Old 01-16-2004, 11:33 AM
Regular StuntLifer

DieTrying is an unknown quantity at this point
i've put almost $1500 into my bike this winter, taking it from a beat *** stunt bike, to a clean lookin stuntbike. Not doing it for recognition, just got tired of having a shitty looking bike that was falling apart.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:06 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve
My opinion dont mean much. But to me, I could careless on the conditions of a persons bike. Im there more to see them ride than to look at there bike. Will a fixed up bike get alot of attention? Yes.. Which could be a good thing when trying to attract sponsers or things in that nature. Or even being on a televised event, then yeah I think its a great thing.

The only thing Im not feeling is, you would be called a glamma if your bike was pretty or didnt have a million zip ties or look busted. But now it seems everyone wants to have a good lookng bike which is fine. But my point is, your going to see who all the dickriders and ship jumpers are real soon. The same people that was or would scream out "glamma this or glamma that", are going to be the same people thats going to be screamin out"get a fancy paint job" or whatever blah blah blah to fit the standards of the new world...
Old 01-16-2004, 12:09 PM

David P.O.B. is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by JPratt
My opinion dont mean much. But to me, I could careless on the conditions of a persons bike. Im there more to see them ride than to look at there bike. Will a fixed up bike get alot of attention? Yes.. Which could be a good thing when trying to attract sponsers or things in that nature. Or even being on a televised event, then yeah I think its a great thing.

The only thing Im not feeling is, you would be called a glamma if your bike was pretty or didnt have a million zip ties or look busted. But now it seems everyone wants to have a good lookng bike which is fine. But my point is, your going to see who all the dickriders and ship jumpers are real soon. The same people that was or would scream out "glamma this or glamma that", are going to be the same people thats going to be screamin out"get a fancy paint job" or whatever blah blah blah to fit the standards of the new world...

i agree with you completely. why does someone who has a clean bike have to wear a Glamma label? i think its good for the sport that people are claning up their bikes. and the ship jumpers come and go, and always want to follow a trend instead of being original.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:11 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
to me glamma stunnas are determined by your looks/attitude. just bc you got a clean bike dont mean you're glamma, i got a nicey nice bike and i'm not glamma...

i do think that keeping your bike and yourself clean and professional in appearance will help further the sport and attract corporate sponsors and any sponsor for that matter....if i was sponsoring someone, i wouldnt want my companies name on the side of a rat trap bike, nor would i want my company repped by an idiot person who is a disgrace to themselves...

all goes hand in hand ....

Teach
Old 01-16-2004, 12:22 PM

---J--- is an unknown quantity at this point
ya see..and i just picked up all my parts that i had powdercoated..
Old 01-16-2004, 12:36 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
I like the beat to **** look
Old 01-16-2004, 12:47 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person
Cant wait to finish my bike, isnt gonna be nothin special, just cleaned up and new paint
Old 01-16-2004, 01:07 PM

UFDKris is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think it really matters not to me any way if you hae a bad *** bike I'll stop and give you some props but if you can ride the **** out of your POS then I'm gonna come up and give you mad props on your skills." Its not what you got it what you can do on it ".

Personally mines got the 20/20 kickin

20mph or 20 feet she looks pimp up close lets not go there.

We all can't be like D in Servin it up 2
Mad props all around

Last edited by UFDKris; 01-16-2004 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:26 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
i never jumped on that "call everyone glamma" bandwagon. it's a personal thing, if you want to spend money making it nice then go for it, it's your image and it's your bike. do what makes you feel good. i always stunt better when i feel good.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:14 PM

CrazyKell is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe they just want their bikes to look nice
Old 01-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Schniggy02zx6r is an unknown quantity at this point
cages/extended sliders might have a little sumthing to do with it also, now that a paint job can be protected even better, why not get a nice one, especially if a sponsor will pay for/help pay for it, and if you crash the bike hard enough to ruin the paint job, chances are there is gonna be alot more to fix first

and yes i know cages have been around for awhile now but maybe people are realizing more and more how much protection they offer
Old 01-16-2004, 03:28 PM
RickNasty.com

Rick929 PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by TEACH C6

i wouldnt want my companies name on the side of a rat trap bike, nor would i want my company repped by an idiot person who is a disgrace to themselves...

Teach
thats definately quote of the month
Old 01-16-2004, 03:54 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
Old 01-16-2004, 04:22 PM

RichieDubs is an unknown quantity at this point
im glamma and proud. warty can lick my nifkin.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stunting a mint bike is clean. It shows you have reached a certain level skill wise. We all know what the bikes look like when starting to learn. It also shows confidence in your abilities.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:19 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Lb3
Stunting a mint bike is clean. It shows you have reached a certain level skill wise. We all know what the bikes look like when starting to learn. It also shows confidence in your abilities.
I agree, my bike went to **** quick when I started stuntin, but I got to the point where my bike doesn't get messed up that much anymore, so I wanted to make it nice again. Plus I cant stand my bike lookin like **** anyways.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:34 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Tenny is an unknown quantity at this point
lol i just recently repainted my bike and tried to make it look more minty and less shitty. i think it looks nice when your stunting a clean bike it means that you are good enough not to **** up your ****. but i realyl dont care how clean or shitty your bike is in the end i wanna see how ur riding it.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:37 PM

wangsta6 is a decent person
i try and keep my bike clean but it just doesnt happen
Old 01-16-2004, 06:55 PM
I Love To Post!

aNskY can only hope to improve
my bike is minty, thats why i havent stunted it for real yet

this year, i promise~!!!!

Quick Reply: Glamma Stuntaz???