Dirtbike Bars/Custom Paint/Huge Head=

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Regular StuntLifer

dirtyrider can only hope to improve
Re: Dirtbike Bars/Custom Paint/Huge Head=

yea i like it all stock ...but im starting to think i should buy sprokets only because i stunt a 6 and i gotta mash it for a sit down 12 ...
standup isnt bad cause you can kinda bounce on it and itll jump up
Old 02-21-2004, 12:19 PM

pussycat can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
cheating, eh? to cheat, there first has to be rules established...as far as i remember there are no rules when competing.

gears do not make you suddently able to wheely, they make soem tricks possible, and others easier IF you have the necessary control to do them. same with thumb brakes and bars...i'm not a fan of dirtbike bars, but do what you gotta do....

a true stunter? lemme know when you find the definition for that...

as for scraping, what year is this? "cheats" or no cheats, if you can do it, you can do it...bottom line.

Teach
thats right , ill agree with anyone that makes sense....i HATE mx bars, and thumb brakes even more, but you know what ! ill probably be rocking both of those things at least once so that i may see for myself what its all about.
Old 02-21-2004, 01:09 PM

honda4life is an unknown quantity at this point

HOnestly, i really dont know why any one even cares what kind of bars anyone has on there bike, or if they have a thumb brake. no ones forcing you to do it to your bike. but if they like the way it feels BIG deal. its a simple mod for performance that some say helps em out. the sport is trying to grow so let it. you didnt see anyone knock blowers or turbos, or different gears on cars when they came out to accell the drag racing sport did ya? you cant expect people to not mod their stuff if they feel it helps them out doing stuff. It LIFE. get over it. if people are so into the STOCK look, they should be ripping on anyone who has a damper, or braided lines, or a sprocket, or exhaust.... they are all mods, but does anyone rip on them for that? NO. leave it alone to each thier own. let the sport accel and enjoy it. 1
Old 02-21-2004, 01:58 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dirtyrider
yea i like it all stock ...but im starting to think i should buy sprokets only because i stunt a 6 and i gotta mash it for a sit down 12 ...
standup isnt bad cause you can kinda bounce on it and itll jump up
Talk about changing direction w/ the wind. Last post you were basing big gears, now you want some? Reason I like the giant sprocket is for the engine brake & how easy it snaps up. I can & have rode & rocked stock gears & scraped the hell outta it. Just takes more speed w/ the stock gears, then you gotta slow it down.

Old 02-24-2004, 10:05 AM
Regular StuntLifer

its not about changing direction...if i stunted a 1000 i wouldnt need any gears ...hell i dont need em now but im killin my clutch to get this 6 up for cetain **** ...and yes i still feal if you got your bike all rigged with man hole covers and thumb brakes that you aint really that nice...

pull some **** on a stocker and youll get more props...
no one around here is gettin any credit when you got more mods than a little bit..

and that is just the way it fu*kin goes
Old 02-24-2004, 10:08 AM
Regular StuntLifer

and thats the only reason i want some gears ..so it will snap right up..

and im not talking about no man hole covers i see alot of you guys using ...friggin sprocket is as big as your back tire..

im talking about goin down 1 and up a few not no 20..that **** is just ridiculous
Old 02-24-2004, 10:13 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by honda4life
HOnestly, i really dont know why any one even cares what kind of bars anyone has on there bike, or if they have a thumb brake. no ones forcing you to do it to your bike. but if they like the way it feels BIG deal. its a simple mod for performance that some say helps em out. the sport is trying to grow so let it. you didnt see anyone knock blowers or turbos, or different gears on cars when they came out to accell the drag racing sport did ya? you cant expect people to not mod their stuff if they feel it helps them out doing stuff. It LIFE. get over it. if people are so into the STOCK look, they should be ripping on anyone who has a damper, or braided lines, or a sprocket, or exhaust.... they are all mods, but does anyone rip on them for that? NO. leave it alone to each thier own. let the sport accel and enjoy it. 1
and what the hell do you know...
Old 02-24-2004, 04:50 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dirtyrider
and thats the only reason i want some gears ..so it will snap right up..

and im not talking about no man hole covers i see alot of you guys using ...friggin sprocket is as big as your back tire..

im talking about goin down 1 and up a few not no 20..that **** is just ridiculous
thats what i am, 1 down 20 up. Lets see ya rock a 10 mph seat stander past the balance point w/ stock gears - not happening. Or a mega slow tank wheelie for that matter - thats why the gears are the ****. bike comes up like nothing & has engine brake for days.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:58 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by 1000ceecee
thats what i am, 1 down 20 up. Lets see ya rock a 10 mph seat stander past the balance point w/ stock gears - not happening. Or a mega slow tank wheelie for that matter - thats why the gears are the ****. bike comes up like nothing & has engine brake for days.

thats wsup..