Woods-Gorka-Chauncy and more!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 12:07 AM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

Tony D is an unknown quantity at this point
Woods-Gorka-Chauncy and more!!!

Let me explain why many high profile riders refuse to get involved on this forum any more.

#1. what started out as a great way for freinds from lands far appart to communicate with eachother. has now turned into a teen center for kids with seveer attension disorders, to try to feel better by making someone they don't even know feel worse.

#2 what started out as a good place to expose a great product & busness opportunity, has now made every maintenence man with a set of wrenches & a torch think they own a manufacturing plant.

#3 a forum that once was filled with great information is now rotting with negitive energy and decayeng from the inside out.
everyday i talk to other PRO stunt riders "my peers" and hear their reasons for withdrawling from the message boards.

summary.
before stuntlife and other message boards were available the motorcycle industry--hadent improved by way of tricks, talent or shows in over 5 years. then with the comunication of such a forum we were all able to exchange info with each other out of good faith & not having to prove anything to anyone. thus the
sport improved in an outstanding rate. untill the last year.

we all have watched this sport slowly regress back to what it was due to all the gosip and bad publicity,and people who speak out of place--
you have tried to prove yourself a little too hard, but you did prove one thing.
the fact that it takes a certian kind of talent to be a real PRO and i guess you'll have to find all the trials and tribulations out for yourself.

good luck in your new career.

ask yourself theese questions.
#1 am i smart enough to figure all this out on my own?
#2 do i have enough talent to get any respect in the real stunt comunity?
#3 do you have the courage and drive it takes to repeatedly climb the same ladder you continually get kicked off of in hopes to one day reach the roof?
Old 01-12-2004, 12:10 AM

covertwar is a decent person
<a>
Old 01-12-2004, 12:11 AM

xtreem-chic is an unknown quantity at this point
very well put!!!!
Old 01-12-2004, 12:17 AM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
spoken rather eloquently

too bad I cant come across that nice
Old 01-12-2004, 12:29 AM

Squidmark is an unknown quantity at this point

I've read this board daily for the past 4months, rarely posting as I cant contribute much information. In the past month, with 'isuckatstunting' and other members, the board has become almost un-readable. I've found myself veturing over to sportbikes.net more often for information. One can only hope that this board will retain some of its more respected members in the future.
btw, nicely said tony
Old 01-12-2004, 12:51 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Woods-Gorka-Chauncy and more!!!

Originally posted by Tony D
#2 what started out as a good place to expose a great product & busness opportunity, has now made every maintenence man with a set of wrenches & a torch think they own a manufacturing plant.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:54 AM

terrortekniks is an unknown quantity at this point
nice
Old 01-12-2004, 01:30 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Tenny is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree with alot of that **** but one of the biggest problems is that no one can prove/disprove most of the **** they say so they post up the whole i did a doubleblackfip into a endo to nose ollie post. and somethign else is just about everyone that stunt rides is really full of themselves and most are ALPHAS.
Alpha being the same as animals where the alpha male strives to be the best and show everyone else up so they can *** the other lions. well we want to *** other girls but its more of a pissing contest on who is good and who is better so peopel pick sides and it just gets ridicouls. i know i have learned alot on stuntlife, hench i wouldn't have heard about stuntwars and now i'm going down for a week. i still think its a good place to learn but there are alot of peopel that just bitch and moan and make **** up way to much.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:38 AM
Regular StuntLifer

GA-boy is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree to this very much...i lurked on stuntlife for many months before i actually posted, and now i still dont post much, just only when i need to know something or have something that is stunt/bike related, try not to get caught up in all the post whoring, i by no means are at the top of the stunt game, i just got 12's down and are starting to rock circles (bustin my *** more than rockin them) but im not claiming to be a stunta pimp, just love the stuntin game and trying to improve my skills, maybe one day i'll be compeating with the best, but i know my skills are not good of enough at this point, so i will be a spectator a t stuntwars this Feb. but i will take it all in and try to meet all the people i can and get to expand my contacts in the stunt community, but i do not knock stuntlife at all, if it were not for this forum i would not know half of what i know, i have got i alot of info from this web site that has been helpful, i just try to steer clear from all the drama
Old 01-12-2004, 01:47 AM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
This is the world I live in and I have tried everything I cant think of to control the drama... But alas... 17,000 members is pretty serious and Im at a loss at how to make it what it once was...

I dont know why I feel this way, but to Ant and all the other guys who really benefited from this board and no longer want to come... sorry man...
Old 01-12-2004, 01:51 AM
*Rockstar*

vertical_joe is an unknown quantity at this point
What Stuntlife means to me.

This board to me has become strictly entertainment. There was a time not long ago, when I could log on and retain valuble bits of information from the industries TOP RIDERS that would better me as a rider and a person. Before the he said she said, before the gangster this proffesional that, and before any jack-*** who can ride a 2nd gear stand up thought they were pros, I took this place serious. Now I come on here all the time (I still love Stuntlife) to laugh for hours and hours at all the garbage and smack that gets talked on a regular basis! People take things too serious!
Old 01-12-2004, 05:19 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
I still think this place is cool, there's always bad with the good, if you focus your life on worrying about the negative **** all the time then life suck's. Dont read the garbage, talk to the people you know, ignore the idiots. Plus the stupid posts are funny sometime's, give the newbies a brake. You cant keep a message board free from junk. They got a forum for the main riders only and you got your own forum that you can moderate yourself if you dont like the post's. Stuntlife gave every crew out there a message board, we have all benifitted from this site. So now there are a few people that are causing ****, big deal, there are far more cool people here than bad. It is still the only place to talk to pretty much any stunt rider in the US, find out about all the events, post your videos for all to see, sell your merchandise, advertise your site on you own forum. And come on Ant this site has picture of you flexin you big biceps isnt that enough to make it cool?
Old 01-12-2004, 08:07 AM

GSE Lasker is an unknown quantity at this point
well said

Gene
Old 01-12-2004, 08:22 AM

da_mad_h8r is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Darius
I still think this place is cool, there's always bad with the good, if you focus your life on worrying about the negative **** all the time then life suck's. Dont read the garbage, talk to the people you know, ignore the idiots. Plus the stupid posts are funny sometime's, give the newbies a brake. You cant keep a message board free from junk. They got a forum for the main riders only and you got your own forum that you can moderate yourself if you dont like the post's. Stuntlife gave every crew out there a message board, we have all benifitted from this site. So now there are a few people that are causing ****, big deal, there are far more cool people here than bad. It is still the only place to talk to pretty much any stunt rider in the US, find out about all the events, post your videos for all to see, sell your merchandise, advertise your site on you own forum. And come on Ant this site has picture of you flexin you big biceps isnt that enough to make it cool?
Well put, Darius.

I think Tony D needs to know where he came from b/c he seems to have forgotten. I guess someone pissed in your cheerios this morning. Although most of the points you make are true, you have added to the same gossip you speak of, prior to and during stuntlife.

I am sick and tired of these 2 faced people in this scene that feel the need to preach this garbage to anyone that will listen.

I don't post that much anymore, nor do I hang around the people I used to consider my friends b/c this scene has turned into a bitter, jealous, and malicious cycle.

What started out as fun with friends has turned for the worse and I am sorry, and people who make comments like Tony D has just made, demonstates to me who is who and what is what. There is no doubt the kind of skills alot of these guys like Tony D possess on a motorcycle, but to make comments like the ones he has made here, just shows the same hypocrisy in which he speaks.

If shouting at the rain makes you feel better, and better yet shouting here, then let loose. But your style is stolen and played out and its only a matter of time before you fizzle out.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:44 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Los Angelos FMI is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 01-12-2004, 08:44 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by da_mad_h8r
Well put, Darius.

I think Tony D needs to know where he came from b/c he seems to have forgotten. I guess someone pissed in your cheerios this morning. Although most of the points you make are true, you have added to the same gossip you speak of, prior to and during stuntlife.

I am sick and tired of these 2 faced people in this scene that feel the need to preach this garbage to anyone that will listen.

I don't post that much anymore, nor do I hang around the people I used to consider my friends b/c this scene has turned into a bitter, jealous, and malicious cycle.

What started out as fun with friends has turned for the worse and I am sorry, and people who make comments like Tony D has just made, demonstates to me who is who and what is what. There is no doubt the kind of skills alot of these guys like Tony D possess on a motorcycle, but to make comments like the ones he has made here, just shows the same hypocrisy in which he speaks.

If shouting at the rain makes you feel better, and better yet shouting here, then let loose. But your style is stolen and played out and its only a matter of time before you fizzle out.

mind telling us who YOU are o wise one?

i for one agree with ant, joe dryden, and darius all at the same time. stuntlife is entertaining, but has lost the close community feeling as of late...people like ant are the ones that have played a MAJOR role in accelerating this sport as far as it has gone...while he is frustrated with the BS that goes on here, he still makes very valid points and to me does not come across as two faced at all..

just curious where you are coming from, cuz if you are some punk *** kid running your mouth, then i dont have time for you....

Chris "Teach" McNeil
Old 01-12-2004, 08:58 AM

da_mad_h8r is an unknown quantity at this point
Someone, who used to be close friends with Tony D.

That is all I will say and leave it at that. I do not want to get into an in depth HATORADE convo out of this. I am just sick and tired of his antics and reading them.

I voiced my opinion and that's that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I read or see that he is doing something charitable for a charitable organization and not strictly for himself, then I might change my outlook on him. Until then, I am sorry to say I can't.

One should ask yourself, why doesn't he ride with Gil, Nick, Rommel, Bobby, Steve, or Angelo anymore? Granted he is now in Florida, but to say he gave it up just for stunt riding is not the truth.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:20 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
good reply, i can respect that.

i'd say one thing to that though, all without knowing the situation: there comes a time when you have to look out for #1, yourself. and while i dont think you should forsake those who knew you before "fame", you sometimes have to do things that will benefit yourself, rather than always trying to lend a helping hand....usually one of the toughest lifetime decisions...

to each his own i guess...

teach
Old 01-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Has-Been... Was I ever?

Brian_C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Amen to Tony D's post. It's a lot harder to weed out the bullshit now-a-days. I basically browse now and it seems whenever I post, I get some gay remark.

Whatever.

All we do is RIDE... that's all we want to do is RIDE.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:16 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Brian_C6
whenever I post, I get some gay remark.

your gay!