Opinions on the Bridgestone BT56?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 07:49 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Bridgestone BT56?

Anyone know anything about this tire?? Have one laying around that I wanna throw on my rear but I dont really know how they are....

http://www.motorcycle-karttires.com/...typeID=1&size=
[WEB]http://www.motorcycle-karttires.com/product/Product.asp?group=2&nameID=6&typeID=1&size=[/WEB]
Old 01-02-2004, 07:50 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Ive got a 207 on the rear right now and its garbage.. doesn't hook up for ****
Old 01-02-2004, 08:21 PM

rev-rend Jack is an unknown quantity at this point
so you are asking use if we know anything about the tire..and you have the fuc king spec sheet.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:24 PM

I wanna know how it is for wheelies and ****... or if its going to slip 90% of the time like my 207
Old 01-02-2004, 08:31 PM

bler is an unknown quantity at this point
I used the bt56 on my old 88 ninja600 for a while... great mid-hardness tire.. they are dual-compound, so the edges are a softer rubber than the middle giving it longer street/touring/freeway life..

worked great, it won't 'slip' all the time either, it's not rock hard, but not super-soft.. its definatley your typical 'sport touring' with a little more towards the sport side..

good cheap(er) tire that will give you good tire life..
Old 01-02-2004, 08:33 PM

hmm... I guess I'll give it a shot.. have a brand new one sitting here
Old 01-02-2004, 08:39 PM

I was actually suprised at the 'grippieness' of it, I thought it would be all over the place but was plesently suprised when I rode hard on em in the twisties..
Old 01-02-2004, 08:57 PM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
do a rev limiter burnout with the old tire till it pops and get it on video
Old 01-02-2004, 09:12 PM

sdudgeonr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
let us know how it work!!
-sean
Old 01-02-2004, 09:57 PM

miked is an unknown quantity at this point
dude if you think 207s are gabage mount that up and it is way worse. takes forever to warm up and spins all the time on idle up wheelies. but a great burnout tire. just me opinion
Old 01-02-2004, 10:15 PM

sticky/race tire = long warm up time, excelent grip once warm
sport/touring/street tire = no warm up time, medium grip once warm..

either way, there is a drawback to using either type of tire, it just depends on what you're willing to deal with..

the sport/touring/street is designed to be able to give you maximum grip in minimal amount of time, because most street riders don't warm up their tires before riding hard/semi hard on them.. wheras a racer will do a few 'warmup' laps before riding hard..

so take your pic, i've never really had any problems with any tires breaking loose THAT bad (unless I'm using a 208GP and then trying to slam one up right when i pull outta the lot) i PERSONALLY havent had any problems with the 207 (I think it's the rider ) but I hear people complain about them all day long...

and hey, any tire thats free I'll use

just my .02 on tires
Old 01-02-2004, 11:21 PM

wangsta6 is a decent person
i liked my 207 but it did spin once in a while it would kick out pretty good in corners no problem with my michilan
Old 01-02-2004, 11:35 PM
Hater proof

CrazyJ is a decent person
nags for the rear its a pimp tire ...front sucks!
Old 01-03-2004, 07:43 PM

KCMW Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
I run the bt56 on the rear and i love it, i think it works great for every thing but on the front they just dont hook up
Old 01-03-2004, 07:45 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person
207 for life!!!
Old 01-03-2004, 08:00 PM

jay_9se7en3 is an unknown quantity at this point
i just put a brand new 208 on the back after blowing up my shot to hell 207. It seems good, but it wanders all over the place. Must be a different profile than the old 207's or just not broken in yet.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:09 PM

Originally posted by jay_9se7en3
i just put a brand new 208 on the back after blowing up my shot to hell 207. It seems good, but it wanders all over the place. Must be a different profile than the old 207's or just not broken in yet.
if it's a brand new tire, yes the profile will be different then a old used one (the center will not be as squared off, or flat)..

you may try using a few lower psi, should help a bit, that or just do a buncha burnouts to make it squared off again
Old 01-03-2004, 09:17 PM

jay_9se7en3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by bler
if it's a brand new tire, yes the profile will be different then a old used one (the center will not be as squared off, or flat)..

you may try using a few lower psi, should help a bit, that or just do a buncha burnouts to make it squared off again
I was running about 10 psi and did a few burnouts, i guess not enough though. It wasn't even funny how much it was pulling. I was rolling some NTH's and it would just cut like 90 degrees to the right, like it was going to circle. Sucks, cause i don't feel comfortable trying to circle to the right
Old 01-03-2004, 09:22 PM
*Rockstar*

vertical_joe is an unknown quantity at this point
I have pretty much decided that if your rear tire is spinning when you clutch it up.........YOU ARE USING TOO MUCH CLUTCH! Ease off a bit and let the bike do the work! I pull up tank wheelies on that tire all winter long! And Nags....if you have traction problems in Fla., get back to the drawing board son!

Oh yeah, the tire. That is the rear I have been running for a while, good all around tire!
Old 01-03-2004, 09:25 PM
*Rockstar*

vertical_joe is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh yeah....they suck ***** as a front.

Quick Reply: Opinions on the Bridgestone BT56?