Tricks that earn respect vs ones that don't.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 11:38 PM

sungwei is an unknown quantity at this point
Tricks that earn respect vs ones that don't.

Ok being that I'm a newbie I pretty much think everything stunt is cool. I'm not so bad where I think fast wheelies are harder than slow ones. I have a good concept on difficulty levels. But I do get confused sometimes on what gets props and what doesn't.

Ok. Bar tricks. People say these things are gay. I think they're cool. High speed stuff. Long highway wheelies. Are these not considered respectable tricks anymore? They are to me.

What about real simple stuff? Circle Burnouts (which isn't that simple in my opinion) endo's less than triple digit footage, but executed well, christs, skitching, etc. No respect?

I can't pull off the wheelie stuff that well but I learn the other stuff a little quicker. To me I think it's all cool.

Sometimes it seems you gotta be pullin' circle wheelies to be considered somewhat decent.

What's the consensus of this board? Make your Cool list and Gay list of tricks.

Better yet what do you think makes a good rider/stunter vs a bad one?
Old 12-29-2003, 11:56 PM

RichieDubs is an unknown quantity at this point
cool tricks: the ones i can do

gay tricks: the ones i cant
Old 12-30-2003, 12:08 AM

fireblade99 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think the highway stuff should be in some way respected,cause thats how it all started,and thats how i started out
Old 12-30-2003, 12:20 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Mikie is an unknown quantity at this point
sungwei - I feel you on this one bro'! I hate hearing people knocking iron cross/high chairs or even asking "Are circle wheelies gay now?" ****, only between stunters will a highchair not raise the eyebrow! Even when I'm just geek riding (circa '94.. i.e. Jeremy McGrath, Dallas Supercross) passer by-ers at our practice spot damn near flip out!

IMO, ***when any trick is done right its impressive.***
I take it that sitting on your tank and making the front wheel 'hop' off the ground isn't really a 'trick', but non the less is someone busts out a full on balanced ironcross down I-35.. then F**K mang thats billy (..as in badass)!!! I dunno, maybe the pro's in here got a little more input. My $.02
Old 12-30-2003, 12:43 AM

Justin is an unknown quantity at this point
I think any trick on a bike is a good trick. Cause thats what we love to do. Any trick done right is a good trick. People that are cocky and dog other peoples tricks just bring the sport down in my opinion. Its all about progressing. Just squids should be called gay. Thats what I call gay. Whenever a person thinks he is a bad *** trying to show off in front of people and he can't even get the wheel more than a foot off of the ground, thats gay. To be an all around stunter you gotta be able to do even the tricks some people think are gay. Thats just my opinion.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:05 AM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
The whole gay thing is played out. Each trick deserves it's own respect! It's all a matter of opinion.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:50 AM

Outkast Rafe is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by killroy44
sungwei - I feel you on this one bro'! I hate hearing people knocking iron cross/high chairs or even asking "Are circle wheelies gay now?" ****, only between stunters will a highchair not raise the eyebrow! Even when I'm just geek riding (circa '94.. i.e. Jeremy McGrath, Dallas Supercross) passer by-ers at our practice spot damn near flip out!

IMO, ***when any trick is done right its impressive.***
I take it that sitting on your tank and making the front wheel 'hop' off the ground isn't really a 'trick', but non the less is someone busts out a full on balanced ironcross down I-35.. then F**K mang thats billy (..as in badass)!!! I dunno, maybe the pro's in here got a little more input. My $.02
exactly how i feel
but the only trick i think is gay is a christ
like what the hell are you doing once you get up there i can do them but havent in a long time i guess when i first did one it was cool but now i think its played
one trick i think is really pimp that a lot of the pros think is played are the handstand sorry dont know the lingo word for it
i guess i really like it because i cant do one
hell i cant do a handstand in my livingroom with my legs leaning against the wall

i ride with this one newbie and he will swear to you that his favorite trick is when you stand on the side of the bike burnning out and walk it around "the move ya boy did on biker boys on top the bridge" is that even a trick??
Old 12-30-2003, 10:20 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
I give props to any trick thats either dangerous, or hard to do.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:43 AM

HOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enoughHOLDINGITBIG will become famous soon enough
Re: gotta agree

Originally posted by iSuckatStunting
i wrecked on a wet road when i said no then did then break bones i leran fast lol
WTF
Old 12-30-2003, 11:06 AM

NoNameStunter is an unknown quantity at this point

i wrecked on a wet road when i said no then did then break bones i leran fast lol
Yea dog thats what it's all about. You seem totally f*ck!ng crazy, if you want some "street credit" why don't you try lighting yourself on fire and wheeling of a damn brigde.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:08 AM

StuntRagz Chris is an unknown quantity at this point
all tricks executed properly are hot. bottom line is when you do a freestyle run you mix it up. different tricks show variation of skill, also whats easy to some is hard to others so you cannot say oh thats easy. example...the christ...Rick Payne just learned them not to long ago....but that ****er will rock coasters, circles and other **** all day long....it was a trick he originally did not feel comfortable doing...i guess the bottom line is anything can be repetitive but all tricks should be respected.

Cp

www.STUNTRAGZ.com
Old 12-30-2003, 01:09 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
there are certain tricks i don't favor, but i don't think they're gay or anything. just not my style.

and some tricks taht i don't like, can be done with a certain riding style that some people have that makes them look 10 times better.

for instant, joe brown's highchairs, very smooth and controled, makes a highchair look like a real highchair. that man has style
Old 12-30-2003, 03:09 PM

I.B-speedy is an unknown quantity at this point

`
wtf does this mean i read it like 50 times and still can't desifer the bitch, did you attend school, or are you an imigrant
Old 12-30-2003, 04:01 PM
Hater proof

CrazyJ is a decent person
all tricks take some skill in a way ! i have to say street is something people over look ...yea all the guys can ride a track or a lot ride slow *** **** ,no handers,tankwheelies ..etc but there are people and trust me i know that can rock the **** out of a lot or a track and and soon as they get on the street ..nothing its like their skurred ? who knows

im not talkin **** its the truth
Old 12-30-2003, 06:15 PM

Tenny is an unknown quantity at this point
agreed i have no clue what the hell i suckatstunting was talking about. oh well
Old 12-30-2003, 07:02 PM

Pepe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: gotta agree

Originally posted by I.B-speedy
`
wtf does this mean i read it like 50 times and still can't desifer the bitch, did you attend school, or are you an imigrant

I can't stop laughing at this post. I did the same thing . This guy pops up every once and a while and U can't read a f'ing thing they say!!!

For the thread----
I can't remember who said it but it went soemthing like
"You would be suprised how many "pros" can do **** like no handers and can't even do a damn burnout, straight or in a circle, worth a ****!!"

A well rounded, technical rider is what makes a stunt cool

A douch bag is what makes a stunt lame!!!
Old 12-30-2003, 07:52 PM
GOODBYE STUNTLIFE

Droptop can only hope to improve
There are alot of cool tricks out there.... But You if you can only do certain ones.. then be cool and do those... Odds are you can pull up and impress the regular street guy... Most people wouldnt even attempt what we do!!!!

I dont even care if they think Im cool.... In my own Head I know I am!!
Old 12-30-2003, 08:39 PM

indy z-ryder is an unknown quantity at this point
acrobatics are pretty cool if done right, aaron brunelle from geared up has some pretty awesome stuff like that. Really, really long burnouts are cool to watch in the beginning but then it sorta loses my attention

bryan
Old 12-30-2003, 08:50 PM
I Love To Post!

aNskY can only hope to improve
i think all stunts are cool because i suck at all of them... when i learn slow highchair circles maybe ill call a highway wheelie gaaabbage but until then i respect everything!
Old 12-30-2003, 09:05 PM

03Allstare is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by RichieDubs
cool tricks: the ones i can do

gay tricks: the ones i cant

lol

Quick Reply: Tricks that earn respect vs ones that don't.