45.50%
clip ons
54.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

MX bars VS clip ons

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 01:59 PM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough
Re: MX bars VS clip ons

tryd them both ,it took awhile to get tha hang of tha mx bars but I feel as if I have more control in O's with tha mx bars
Old 05-10-2008, 06:21 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DURTY
i know wat ur saying about the wrist thing but i dont want to be called a *****.
IMO if you rock anything aftermarket, calling someone a ***** for rocking mx bars is WEAK

If you rock completely stock, stock angle, not flipped, then right on, bring the hate!

But if you rock aftermarket clip-on's, upside down, turned out.. cmon, why hate when you are also doing something to make it easier?

But don't get me wrong, I'm not hatin on ya.. Just don't hate on me for rocking the mx bars, when you aint rockin stock!

Originally Posted by big ben
i dirtbike stunt and am geting a street bike. mx bars r 2 brittle.
brittle? Where do you get that from?

Clip-ons are brittle.. MX bars are made for abuse.. Hence the reason they come on dirt bikes, which fly 80 foot through the air, and slam into trees/ground all day..

I've never broke a set of MX bars on my 150f or F4i.. Haven't even bent my bars very much

Still rocking a $26 SHIPPED set of ebay bars on my f4i (for over 2 years now) and a set of used renthals I got for free on my 150f (also had them on for over 2 years)

brittle my ***

And don't give me the "oh you don't drop it hard" because I'm a squid. And if $26 bars hold up for me for 2 years, they'll last most people a long while..

edit: wow, this is a 03 post.. I was still wet behind the ears back in 03! lollol

Btw I'm wanting to switch back to clip-ons soon just to **** around on.. Got a set of 'pro tek' clip-ons I want to throw on

Just not liking the idea of having to cut my upper down more.. already cut down about 2 inchs and my controls hit the front end

Last edited by Towlieee; 05-10-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:26 AM

BOXVAN!!!!!!!!! will become famous soon enough

MX bars for shore!!! Just ask GRAHAM or Sit down Steve!!!:YEAH chopper style is the only way to go!.....atv high bend!
Old 05-30-2008, 03:33 AM

BOXVAN!!!!!!!!! will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by big ben
i dirtbike stunt and am geting a street bike. mx bars r 2 brittle.
You don't know what you are talking about! Try crashing a rm 250 into the landing of a triple and picking your bike up and the bars are fine!.....I've had big *** dirt bars on my 636 (which means they bend easier) for almost a year now and only slightly tweeked them besides any idiot knows that you can always bend dirt bars back with a 35.00 bar bender that you can order any where. ...my bike has took many spills and they are still fine!
Old 05-30-2008, 04:01 AM
circles are boring....

MacDaddyBlake is a decent person

yeah im not sure what he means MX Bars are brittle???

Did you buy MX Bars made of PVC pipe or something???

Ive owned the Twin Wall bars and a couple other bends and ive only bent one set of bars, it was my stock ones on my first YZ , and i ate **** HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD after getting snagged coming back from a trick and landing half cocked, and even then, those STOCK bars were only slightly bent, after i was good to ride again I just hammered em' straight and they lasted me until i had money to upgrade to Renthal aftermarket.

Hoping to get some Dirtbars for my R6 this month! ^_^
Old 05-30-2008, 04:15 AM

killswitch12283 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by RF_Josh
i used to run FI 0° clip ons on a full fairing gsxr. I never thought of running DB, but when ho-hey dropped his new tripple I had to give them a shot. I will never switch back to clip-ons, at least not on my lot bike. DB bars give me the leverage i want while stunting. But i will say that i can do every trick in my bag on either! like bill said, if you have the skills with one you will have it with the other. What i dont agree with is jason britton bagging on them on national television, now every squid thinks they are ghey because mr britton clowns them.

and if you are running vortex or any other clipon flipped and turned out you are getting the same advantage as db bars just not quite as high/pulled back. Bottom line is building a stunt bike is all about changing things. like john said, the list of changes the average stunter makes on a bike means its no where near its stock form. Just ride it like you stole it no matter what you rock. :YEAH

who gives a **** what that guy has to say, his opinion means jack **** to the stunt community
Old 05-30-2008, 04:23 AM
circles are boring....

MacDaddyBlake is a decent person

anyone on a tv show has an agenda imo. *shrug*

i value the local pro at the spots input more than i would anything that guy says on SPEED
Old 05-30-2008, 10:14 AM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

I just made the switch from clipons to dirtbike bars on my stunter and I couldnt be happier. Im just getting into slow **** but with idle and slower stuff when you have more strain on your arms, you get so much less arm pump with the db bars. They are 100xs more comfortable. And they are a hell of alot stronger. Ive bend and broke 3bars on my vortex clipons in the last month in the lot and since I put the dirtbike bars on havent even bent them. I took a nasty spill last weekend and my bike went tumbling and barrol rolled and bent and broke alot of **** on my bike but my bars didnt even bend. I would without a doubt have broke and or bent the bars if I was running clipons. Ive ran both Freestyle Injenuity zero degree clipons, and switched and flipped and turned out vortex clipons, and now dirtbike bars and I dont ever wanna go back to clipons unless I was on a full fairing bike. I wound up going with the tag 1 1/8" risers, and the pro taper taperwall carmichael bend bars and that setup is perfect. Bars are strong as hell and extreamly comfortable. Alot of people here love the Scary Gary bars. I rode my buddys bike wth them and I personally dont like how much pull back they have. I also rode a bike with the $25ebay oniel bars with the mx bend and they also felt alot more comfortable than the scary gary bars to me.
Its all personal preference. Some people like clipons, some like dirtbars. Different people prefer different bends for the dirtbike bars. IT all comes down to what you personally feel is most comfortable.

Last edited by nyRocketkid; 05-30-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:27 AM
cereal killa

poni can only hope to improve

I'm squid'n it but just cut my locator tabs on my stock clip-ons....turned them up a little to get a straighter grip...if ur wrists are hurting quit jacking off or stop riding wrists hurt?
Old 05-30-2008, 12:26 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by poni
I'm squid'n it but just cut my locator tabs on my stock clip-ons....turned them up a little to get a straighter grip...if ur wrists are hurting quit jacking off or stop riding wrists hurt?
So you have rocked a wheelie for more then 5 miles?

If not, then you don't know about wrists hurting..
Old 05-30-2008, 12:29 PM
rock stock

xXxNO LOVExXx will become famous soon enough

i liked dirtbike bars till i started to get better. now i like clipons
Old 05-30-2008, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by xXxNO LOVExXx
i liked dirtbike bars till i started to get better. now i like clipons
+1

I just put clip-ons on and I'm digging them

Can already tell they allow me to do WAY better spreaders, and I'm starting to finally get used to them on circles

But on straight line wheelies I dunno, I'm still thinking i digged the MX bars..

But Imma give clip-on's a whirl for a while, see what happens
Old 05-30-2008, 01:19 PM
rock stock

xXxNO LOVExXx will become famous soon enough

its funny, i started trying jump from the front of the bike to ss on a bike with db bars and couldnt do it for ****. clipons i can get right through. then i started noticing my body position was alot more relaxed and i could move around on the bike alot more easily. maybe if db bars were cut down to make em more narrow or something i would like em more. who knows but i definitely like 0 degrees better
Old 05-30-2008, 02:00 PM
cereal killa

Originally Posted by Towlieee
So you have rocked a wheelie for more then 5 miles?

If not, then you don't know about wrists hurting..
sounds like a chronic masturbator to me ...thought you were a squid bro? i bet you got a PHD in wheelies on your wall right? regardless if you gotta get bars to help ur hurting wrists what is the point of a 5-mile wheelie? ..my forearms and biceps get more tired with clipons than when i'm street ridin' leaned on the bars with ur upper body. maybe you are 20 pounds...but hey i'm not hatin ...nice avatar...when you rock like that why you complainin ur wrists hurt you can go 5 mile like that right?:YEAH
Old 05-30-2008, 03:35 PM

sounds like a chronic masturbator to me ...thought you were a squid bro? i bet you got a PHD in wheelies on your wall right? regardless if you gotta get bars to help ur hurting wrists what is the point of a 5-mile wheelie? ..my forearms and biceps get more tired with clipons than when i'm street ridin' leaned on the bars with ur upper body. maybe you are 20 pounds...but hey i'm not hatin ...nice avatar...when you rock like that why you complainin ur wrists hurt you can go 5 mile like that right?:YEAH
because when all I did was kill the streets, and I couldn't do anything but a straight line wheelie, killing the highways was fun

Even today I still like to hit the highway, and rock a LONG wheelie in a big group of bikers

No I don't have a PHD, and yes I'm still new to stunt riding.

But I'm guessing you probably haven't stunted very long, so you don't know about wrists and hurting, so you don't have much room to talk here IMO..

Unless of course you can kill it, but I haven't seen any posts of you killin it..

Btw don't get me wrong, I'm rocking clip-on's right now, giving them a whirl. But they are aftermarket, flipped, and turned out.. Just as big of a cheating tool as dirt bars IMO

btw my longest wheelie was on my friends bone stock 636 with stock everything, even bars, so I candefiniftely handle riding stock.. I just prefer the feel of MX/straght clip-ons
Old 05-30-2008, 04:08 PM
cereal killa

naw son,i'm not doggin ur skillz, yea i'm a ******* squid and i love learning new ****....as far as posting clips of me killin ****, that is weak...i don't have to prove **** to no-one....my girl loves it on the bike street ridin buzzin her ****** to death, and that's all i need man, ask durt'(sorry for the drop bro) but this chick is enough woman for both of us to handle ,

as far as the clip on deal is, cheating??? what is that, guess i should drop my -1/+7 on my bike cause that's cheating too...i understand the cheat part of it but it's like all of us are hipocrites!

and dude...FYI I broke my collar bone and was covered from head to toe in rash...no gear..a tee shirt and shorts on stock gear ******* myself up..redneck way! I was on the bike still mucked in two weeks....should check the thread that was on here or you'd know....i always get back on till i die! and I'll still be a squid compared to Dub, britton and all the fellahs in the S.P crew .......if i HAD to be the best i might as well quit now.

Last edited by poni; 05-30-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:41 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

naw son,i'm not doggin ur skillz, yea i'm a ******* squid and i love learning new ****....as far as posting clips of me killin ****, that is weak...i don't have to prove **** to no-one....my girl loves it on the bike street ridin buzzin her ****** to death, and that's all i need man, ask durt'(sorry for the drop bro) but this chick is enough woman for both of us to handle ,

ASK DURT WAT??? and just for UR info its SIT DOWN CIRCLES, just making sure!!!!