45.50%
clip ons
54.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

MX bars VS clip ons

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 01:00 PM

wangsta6 is a decent person
i got clip ons but ive had 2 of them break on me and it wasnt when i droped it snapped setting down a wheelie
Old 12-20-2003, 01:50 PM
Pimp/Moderator

Mellen_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: MX bars VS clip ons

Originally posted by dr_erni
just wanted to know what your opinion is between clip ons and MX bars...

I had my bike converted to MX bars, but I think i'm going back to clip ons for next year.

e.
I gotta give you credit. SO many people say MX bars suck....but have never ridden a bike with them! I'm glad to see someone at least try them out and then go back to clipons. I have had mx bars on my 1000 for about a year now.....I wont switch back. As far as the stoppie distance.......
I did 410 with clipons last year....then switched to mx bars, and got up to about 420-430. Then in Daytona I didnt have a bike so I borrowed a friends bike (with stock clipons) and did 500'. I personally dont think it matters what bars you have.
Old 12-20-2003, 07:06 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Spark~R.O.C. is an unknown quantity at this point
I wanna try them.......but thats just more dollars down the drain. I'm gonna try them on the 929 soon.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:17 AM

dr_erni is an unknown quantity at this point
well.. here's another update...

I had the clip ons back on for a bit.. and decided to switch to MX bars again.

My resoning behind it was it's a little more easier on the wrists... but since we plan on doing a few trips this coming year... if i end up eating it on the street somewhere it's easier to pick up a pair of dirt bars then a 97 GSXR clip on.

i dunno.... we'll see how the year goes I guess.

Having ridden both... it's all GooD.. personal preference for each rider. Just wanted to get some opinons.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:38 AM

John LegionST is a decent person
first off, i'd like to say im a dumbass...

I meant to vote clip-ons, but for some unknown reason (sub-conscience maybe ) i voted for MX, one of the Mods can change my vote if they want

I've ridden with both and clip-ons felt better for everything to me except some slow stuff. Im stickin with clip-ons.
Old 12-21-2003, 03:14 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point
personal opinion; mx bars look gay on a street bike
Old 12-28-2003, 03:32 AM

rev-rend Jack is an unknown quantity at this point
ya wanne ride mx ride mx..... you wanna ride street ride street!!
Old 02-12-2004, 09:53 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by I.B.W.S. Jerry
i say who the *** cares, but who am i to say....
:YEAH
Old 02-13-2004, 04:46 PM

sdudgeonr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think its what ever works for the person, is the right choice.
-sean
Old 02-15-2004, 12:36 PM

Supafly is an unknown quantity at this point

I say rock what ya like. But in competition I think everyone should use clip ons. BTW the endo record was set with clip ons.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:22 PM

Bill McMahon is a decent person

If a guy rocks with mx bars, chances are he's not too shabby on a bike with clip-ons. No one ever went from sqiud to Kyle woods with a magical set of mx bars. Same goes for a hand brake. If you don't have proficient rear brake and balance point/throttle control, a hand brake won't make you a super star. As polarizing and uniting motorcycling is, it's amazing the smallest minority is mired in so much dissention and division. Lets' ride motorcycles.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:48 AM
NME

NME is a decent person

Check this:
I'm no one from nowhere so my opinion may be invalid,but from the sound of it ,it's as good as anyone elses.Everyone who says mx bars are cheating and if you want to ride street ,ride street and there should be clip-ons only in comps:
cheating-below 32psi tire pressure
cheating-steering stabilizer
cheating-no body work
cheating-other-than-stock gearing
cheating-crash cages
cheating-hand brakes
cheating-braided brake lines
cheating-12 bars
cheating-exhaust mods
cheating-power commander
cheating-any mods other than stock
cheating-anything that provides confidance

Look,me and my boy discuss this all the time because we are the only ones in the second biggest city in GA. who have a clue about stuntin.We get ragged on all the time for what we do."riding wheelies in circles in parking lots is a waste of time!" Like these fools are gonna get a sponsership from splitting lanes and going 15 mph over the speed limit. The thing is:if you want to ride street,have fun on all the ramps leading to the interstates and highways.Have fun at all the Hooters bike nights. Talk about how you are the fastest person in your town even though you have never even put a knee down,let alone put on a set of leathers! What we (me and my partner) pride ourselves on is taking a bike and doing unnatural things. I did a coaster in front of some of these guys and do you know what they said? "haha, he stalled his bike out,HAHA!" Not even thinking if THEY stalled THEIR bike in a wheelie,they would be tossed to the ground! They are clueless!!! All i'm trying to say is,I like to think that YOU are an elite group of talented individuals that can take an inanimate object away from its intended use and blow peoples minds. What might work for you ,may not work for some. Yeah, the stoppie record was set w/ clip-ons.... so how is mx bars cheating?!?! I mean,WTF!!!!! I think you all have lost the reason you tried to wheelie in the first place. Unless that reason was to hate. In that case,RIGHT ON!
STOP STUNTER ON STUNTER CRIME!

g
Old 09-16-2004, 02:49 AM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

clip-ones have not been on streetbikes that long. Actually they are not more 'true' street, they are true race track, If you rock race track, use clip-ones? they just came to streetbikes because people wanter to get race rep bikes. There is still lot of streetbikes that have classical bars.

is 50teeth sprocket true street?.

Just drive...

JT
Old 09-16-2004, 10:12 AM

yzfrone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 91vempo
I grew up on dirtbikes so putting the bars on the ol 929 felt more natural to me...to each his own though!

same here..grew up on dirt bikes and ATVs...putting the bars on were so damn comfortable.
all you peeps saying **** about the bars, please try them out. you wont regret it.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:27 AM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough

My boy here at work just converted his 900RR to streetfight with MX bars. I just rode it like 20 minutes ago. It was the weirdest **** I'd ever experienced. Just didn't seem natural.... But I am not gonna knock it becuase it could be that I'm just not used to it. Its sorta like changing religions. If I've been Christian for my entire life its hard to switch over to Islam overnight.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:43 AM

crazeinc is an unknown quantity at this point

After just putting the dirtbar on, i gotta say this made the f3 about 100x more fun to ride. **** stunts and all of that even though it did make it easier to do them, it's just more fun to ride now when you're not cramped up on the clip-ons.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:58 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't mind throwing mx bars on my 1000. It's already street fighter from a 50mph combo loop out. lol

Anybody got an oil cooler and radiator for my jiggy?
Old 09-16-2004, 05:46 PM

INTENSE_GEEEZ is an unknown quantity at this point

I Gotta Quick Question. I Gotta Fizzer 6 And Im Makin It A Stunt Bike. 1)clip-ons=stock, And Mxbars R 4 Stunting? 2)if Im Goin Straight Stunt Then Should I Get Some Mx Bars? 3)can I Do 12's With Stock Gearing And A 12 Bar? 4)if Not Then What Size Chain And Sprocket Set Should I Get For Straight Stunting(slow Wheelies). I Stunt And Ive Only Been Doin It For A Couple Of Months, What All Do I Need ? Pleeez Help?????????
Old 09-16-2004, 10:12 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

i have been rocking mx bars for the last 7 months.....not a big fan of them, i can pull longer stoppies with clip ons, longer wheelies without getting tired....and i like the appearance of my bike with clip ons......just my personal preferance....i had to try them out, just wasn't me, i think if you learned how to ride on a dirtbike or quad, yeah, they would help a lot.....it just took a while to get used to them in the first place, and i don't like the apearance.....
Old 10-02-2004, 09:38 AM

ruthlessriding is a decent person

the common concenses is comfort, it's what ever YOU feel more comfortable rocking. as for performance difference's, my opinion is you either have the talent or you dont. bars don't make you a stunter. i personally love my clip-on's.

Quick Reply: MX bars VS clip ons