Has anyone done this bar trick yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 09:46 AM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point
teach what r u doing that no one else is doing?

like i said, y r bar tricks gay now but werent when u or other guys in the sport were using them two yrs ago??? u say because its been done for a while...well like with ne sport you gotta start at the bottom, cant go out ya first day and circles and ****, gotta start somehwhere......

"be the pioneer, not the person who simply repeats what others have already done." from ur previous post...

hows that possible? you gotta work ya up to the stunts, u gotta crawl before you walk, as i was told numerous times while i was learning to stunt this year....u say no one is hating, but like someone said in a previous post on here about cbo when he did highchair scrape, so many people went on there saying it was gay cause he used a bar.....

Makes no sense, that trick was pimp ! and not alot of poeple were or are even doing that trick now. You say how things arent difficult u say a 100 mph sit down chasing wheelie isnt difficult? ya to u, or i, or most people on this site its not difficult, but for many others in this world, that is not even thinkable for them to do.

i dont care is someone does highchair circles without handbrakes, a backflip on a streeet bike, or if some new person to stunting goes out and rides his first stand-up, both deserve the same credit, both of pushing themselves beyond there limits to excel in this sport. guess thats just my opinion.....

and i was that guy who could scrape and couldnt do a burnout lol..

never road ne thing my entire life, road for about 3 months here...i could scrape, do no throttle before i learned how to do a standup....**** at this point i can do no handers and all the slow ****, and i dont even know if i could go ride a mile wheelie on the highway....so....

i still never tried ape hanger, or cliff hanger, or scraping highchair, ne thing a bar would b needed for like that, but its all pimp to me, even if i could do it, still think its schweeeeeeeeet...
Old 12-16-2003, 10:35 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
good reply.

i'm not doing anything that no one else is doing-not anything i want anyone to know anyways!!...But, i do EVERYTHING possible in freestyle sportbike-not just one or two things, and i have been around the 'game' for a lot longer than most on this site----so that is where i get my opinions from!!

i think you are misreading (or maybe i am mistyping) what i am trying to say.

first off, i gave props to this cat for doing it. i think it is cool and def pretty hard, and i have not seen it done before. the same with cbo's post, i dont believe anyone was taking anything away from him (at least i wasnt)...both this thread and that thread had side discussions going-the use of the bar in your tricks.

i agree that you have to walk before you can run...hence me being fed up with everyone being 'gangsta' and stunt heroes bc they can scrape. i am all for improving, and anyone who has ridden with me knows that i encourage people of all skill levels to keep pushing and improving-i dont feel i need to defend myself there any more than that.

the discussion of bar tricks being gay was brought up and i think i explained pretty well where i think those have gone in the overall realm of this 'sport'.

my only other point was a personal issue-i am fed up with people who have a significant lack of knowledge thinking they are the man for doing something that has already been done-read: 12 oclock heroes. i said nothing about this trick falling into that category, my posts were simply about bar tricks being gay and why i thought so as well--i prolly should have started a new thread.

not knocking anyone for learning them, everyone should do so; but people who think they are god for doing so **** me off, and oftentimes can't do anything else.

as far as the be the pioneer thing-what i meant was dont go acting like you the man when you are doing something that has already been done-and quite some time ago at that.

this is another can of worms: everyone always talks about how quickly they learned 12's--even quicker than some known "pro's"...because of their quick learning, they lose the respect for their 'elders '(in this sport) that they should have. They now think they are as good, or better...even when they can't do a burnout!lol (no offense towards you!)....the reason they learned so much quicker is because they were TAUGHT!! when these things first came out (same with bar tricks), there was no one there say you are doing wrong or right, people taught themselves....with the advent of stuntlife ( i love this place) there is more knowledge than ever on how to do tricks and what not to do...making it easier than ever for people to do tricks that were once considered hard. and because these 12's/bar tricks are so controlled, more people learn them and think they are the man before they can even do a burnout( again, just used for example!).

food for thought to everyone: how'd you know how to do no handers/no throttle hand? prolly someone told/showed/taught you. how do you think chauncey learned to do no throttle hand 2 years ago? he was innovative. there was no one there telling him how to do it (besides of course, watching a.c. farias on tape)...does anyone see the difference? so now you got all these young stunnas thinking they the man bc they can do no throttle and disrespecting (term used loosely) those who pioneered the trick...

how's that for a can of worms--maybe it should be a new thread.

sorry for the rant, it is off topic, but i feel it needs to be said AND discussed!

Teach

ps. also sorry if i come across as a big headed jerk, i am not that way, but sometimes things need to be said....
Old 12-16-2003, 10:39 AM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve
I can see where both sides are coming from. I'll give props for people trying new shiat and trying to come with their own styles. But at the same time, I get sick of seeing threads about people wanting to scrape. But when asked if they can rock slow shiat or have break control, most cant do either.

It seems everyone wants to learn how to 12/scrape as soon as they learn how to do a highspeed stand up. Its like everyone wants that braggin right just to say that tap that azz, even if they wreck.

And as for the top dogs that have already rocked tricks that most still do. I dont think its right to say whats hot and whats not, even if its already been done or not. I know alot of you always tell people to "be well rounded". In order to be well rounded, I think you'd have to learn/know pretty much every trick in the bag.

For me, its all about style. Alot of people dont like the tricks Thew rocks, but you gotta give him props cause he does it so smooth and with hella style. You see him do these tricks all the time, but you're still amazed from the way he pulls these tricks.

You always here people say, "burn outs are gay". "Slow wheelies are played out now". "Circles are gay". "Highspeed/highway wheelies are gay". "Parking Lot riding is gay". And so on, but all those thing that are played out or gay all add up to being a well rounded rider IMHO.

Its all about style to me. Trick played out or not, if you rock that shiat smooth. Then you get props over here.
Old 12-16-2003, 12:31 PM

Manny is an unknown quantity at this point
So Teacher.
I am a pupil from 08-23-03 on stunnin.
I have learned a lot of tricks that you guys perform " No throtle hand, Slow ****, halph circles so far, Tank wheelies, bar tricks(Tank Scrapes like your Avatar - Captain Americas - Cliff Hangers - ApeHangers & All the other little crap) , Christs, etc. Should I not try to learn any of these cause they are gay, cause you & everyone else does them already or cause I am not a pionner YET. I do not have a signature trick YET. Don't make sence. I guess If you become a surfer or a snowborder or any other sport as an example, An "Ollie" skateboarding is Gay because it has been done before!, so has a 360 or 720. If you go dirtbike riding does that mean that a whip - kankan - or any other trick that has benn performed before are Gay ??
Give me a break!!! No hard feelings!! I know you are good but there is no room for putting some people down for learning wheelies 101. I guarantee you that the day I tried for the first time to stunt, I was not thinking, Oh I should do wheelie with a hand brake or a huge pizza cutter doing circles over the windshield. I just concentrated & was happy to get that tire of the gound more than 1' or 2' high for 30' long. Maybe i SHOULD HAVE BEEN THINKING " If I cannot do a wheelie while on a headstand I should not try anything because Chris"Teach"Mcneil, Ant, Kyle, Scott ,Brandon,Darious, and Many other people do every other trick!!!! Those tricks are the main thing that have motivated me to learn the sport. I think that as one progresses & learns every other trick on the book, One will have a Signature move while being bored with everything else & trying new things to break the monotony. Like you guys have been doing these tricks for a while now you are trying new ones. Let some people get to that Level without Many people like You & Joe Brown saying that those tricks are gay!!
Sincerly & Once again no hard feelings,
Manny Nieto
Old 12-16-2003, 12:58 PM

This is one of my walls in my garage. You & Joe!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wall.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	53273  
Old 12-16-2003, 01:29 PM

Honestly I have not learned stoppies or endos yet. I will need them. Should I roll it @ 120 mph since probably 10 to 20 mph 50' endos are gay?? only 1000' endos are cool! I think that, those numbers - plus, would be the goal.
You need to feel the bar at idle before you could set the bike on it over the widshield @ 35 mph.
You all started & We are currently starting with the gay ****.
I am sure we all got the idea & point that has been discussed through out this post.
Peace to all & Be Safe.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	manny.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	53286  
Old 12-16-2003, 01:31 PM
Gas'er!!

manny,

no offense taken at all, but you are missing my point-i should have started a different thread for this topic...

i am not saying people shouldn't try things...in fact, i am saying the exact opposite.
i am saying that many riders have egos and lack of respect for the older stunting generation oftentimes because they can do a trick or two.

some quotes from my prior posts on this thread:

""i agree that you have to walk before you can run...hence me being fed up with everyone being 'gangsta' and stunt heroes bc they can scrape. i am all for improving, and anyone who has ridden with me knows that i encourage people of all skill levels to keep pushing and improving-i dont feel i need to defend myself there any more than that.""

here's a quote from you:
"Let some people get to that Level without Many people like You & Joe Brown saying that those tricks are gay!!"

while i agree i said they are gay, i also said to learn them bc you have to in order to progress personally. What i REALLY mean by gay is that the trick is gay and so are you IF you think you are the man for doing it...make sense? maybe not.

another one from you:
""there is no room for putting some people down for learning wheelies 101.""

i never did this and i usually go out of my way to encourage new riders that are riding with me and show others how to do things they are struggling with...i also make a point to chastize any rider who DOES put others down (the internet notwithstanding) for their riding skills, BECAUSE WE ALL STARTED FROM POINT ZERO!! i am well aware everyone has to start somewhere, and NOT ONCE in ANY of my posts did i put down the rider...this thread or CBO's thread.

i wish some of my colleagues would come here and either explain in better terms what i am trying to say, or back me up...it seems people are misreading my posts....my beef is with the 'I am a stunt god because i can do this or that" attitude---and yes, some "pros" have that attitude as well, and believe me, i don't hold back on them either....

hope this helps, glad you liked the asphalt pic, i was surprised!

all in all: keep riding and improving because that is WHY we ride anyways-to challenge ourselves against the bike-man vs. machine.

keep a level head and recognize where you are in the whole realm of things---don't go bragging about doing a gangster tank spreader when many people can do it.

the same thing happened with circles...people started thinking they were the man for being able to do a few...this is the gay part, not the trick itself i have called circles gay (yes i can do them, no i'm not that great at it) because they became many peoples bragging focus and those people forgot to try other stuff, so in that manner, circles too, are gay!

Teach
Old 12-16-2003, 01:32 PM
Gas'er!!

manny,

no offense taken at all, but you are missing my point-i should have started a different thread for this topic...

i am not saying people shouldn't try things...in fact, i am saying the exact opposite.
i am saying that many riders have egos and lack of respect for the older stunting generation oftentimes because they can do a trick or two.

some quotes from my prior posts on this thread:

""i agree that you have to walk before you can run...hence me being fed up with everyone being 'gangsta' and stunt heroes bc they can scrape. i am all for improving, and anyone who has ridden with me knows that i encourage people of all skill levels to keep pushing and improving-i dont feel i need to defend myself there any more than that.""

here's a quote from you:
"Let some people get to that Level without Many people like You & Joe Brown saying that those tricks are gay!!"

while i agree i said they are gay, i also said to learn them bc you have to in order to progress personally. What i REALLY mean by gay is that the trick is gay and so are you IF you think you are the man for doing it...make sense? maybe not.

another one from you:
""there is no room for putting some people down for learning wheelies 101.""

i never did this and i usually go out of my way to encourage new riders that are riding with me and show others how to do things they are struggling with...i also make a point to chastize any rider who DOES put others down (the internet notwithstanding) for their riding skills, BECAUSE WE ALL STARTED FROM POINT ZERO!! i am well aware everyone has to start somewhere, and NOT ONCE in ANY of my posts did i put down the rider...this thread or CBO's thread.

i wish some of my colleagues would come here and either explain in better terms what i am trying to say, or back me up...it seems people are misreading my posts....my beef is with the 'I am a stunt god because i can do this or that" attitude---and yes, some "pros" have that attitude as well, and believe me, i don't hold back on them either....

hope this helps, glad you liked the asphalt pic, i was surprised!

all in all: keep riding and improving because that is WHY we ride anyways-to challenge ourselves against the bike-man vs. machine.

keep a level head and recognize where you are in the whole realm of things---don't go bragging about doing a gangster tank spreader when many people can do it.

the same thing happened with circles...people started thinking they were the man for being able to do a few...this is the gay part, not the trick itself i have called circles gay (yes i can do them, no i'm not that great at it) because they became many peoples bragging focus and those people forgot to try other stuff, so in that manner, circles too, are gay!

Teach
Old 12-16-2003, 01:32 PM
Group Moderator

AdrenalneJnky is an unknown quantity at this point
nicely put..good points, but also two sides, just cause i can do no handers, circles, whateva, doesnt mean i have the right to come on here and say they r easy to people who cant do them YET !....

everything is easy once u can do it lol,, but its very difficult when not attempted or someone who doesnt know where to start. I had gumby yelling at me from the sidelines pushing me lol....and he got highway sit downs on lock lol.....

so in regard to that, i didnt have someone to show me everything, had tj show me sum stuff, helped me alot........

bothgot points, just look at things a little different......i still appreciate the small things, i picked up on things farely quick, and yes i can do the technical stuff so, but dont forget when i was watching starboyz vids, dte vids.....and watched these vids everyday wishing i could just do a little wheelie...now i see where im at now, but still remember 5 months ago when i lived in NH, and never road a bike before lol......

either way, have fun, ride safe...

peace chains and grease
Old 12-16-2003, 01:33 PM
Gas'er!!

someone please delete my double retard post
Old 12-16-2003, 01:34 PM
Gas'er!!

word....i am the master of seeing both sides and i understood manny, you, and others perfectly....i was a little off target i think....

peace, love, and chaingrease!

Teach
Old 12-16-2003, 02:04 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve
And I can vouch for Teach, and Joe Brown and many others. But I'll just name those two since they are on this thread. But they're entitled to their opinions, but one thing for sure. They gave me info without knowing me at all.

Every one has to learn from the bottom in order to get to the top. My Wheelies are still gaaa bage, do I blame it on my bike(sometimes-lol). But I know its all in my technique. Does that stop me from wanting to learn, or trying to do anything else? Nope. Instead of getting pissed about the wheelies, I just focus on being the well rounded rider(which every one should be)and try rollin burnouts or stoppies.

Im in this sport for the love of bikes, and to prove my skills to myself(once i get them). Nobody else. So if i post a pic and somebody says its gay or dont like it, they have the right to feel that way. But is their comment going to stop me from trying to d my thang? Nope... Im out to make myself happy, not make everybody on stuntlife happy.

"I SPEND MY LAST DOLLAR ON ME"Aesop Rock

Dirty Raw Dog
Old 12-16-2003, 03:43 PM
Group Moderator

BTBent is an unknown quantity at this point
I think some of you "OG" stunters that have been around for so long mis-interpret alot of the new guys posts...just because they might post themselves scraping a highchair or doing a captian america....doesnt mean they think they are "the ****" ...just becuase someone posts that they can scrape..doesnt mean they think they are the best...In all the posts ive seen on stuntlife...i don't recall many where a new stunters is bragging about how he can scrape and how he is sooo good. I personally get tired of seeing people bash fellow riders in any way...but it doesn't bring me down...that stuff is supposed to make you a better rider...it just gets old sometimes.

It's nice to see Teach being one of the better riders here on this board spending time to say that he does see both sides and explaining things....but at same time...i don't think all of us new guys need to be told that all these tricks are "gay" or have been done for three years now so they arent cool anymore...they have to be accomplished sometime by everyone...its called progression...i don't see any of us new guys posting that we are the greatest because we are doing these tricks that you have all done for ages...i just don't see it.

Seems like the pros are so quick to call out the new guys like they are a threat or somethen...how about you "OG" stunters show me all these so called posts where a new rider is claiming he is as good as the guy that invented the trick...i don't think there are that many.

We all know that the only way to be thought of as being a good rider is to compete and show your talents....we all already know that having a video or posting your pics on stuntlife of tricks you can do doesnt make you a good rider....its your ability to compete and be well rounded. So stop preaching to the choir.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Gas'er!!

again, good reply....

and as the self proclaimed master of seeing both sides! lol...i see the error in my ways...maybe i am frustrated by my own (as well as other friends in the stunt world) experiences with these up and coming shyte talkers...my bad. i doubt i can find a post where arrogance is blatantly expressed, i think it is more of a sense and the overall impression that i sometimes get.

on that note: chip now removed from shoulder!

keep riding,

The Teacher
Old 12-16-2003, 05:05 PM
Group Moderator

BTBent is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya no problem here at all just kinda venting myself we all get there sometimes ...in reality some of the bad posts are just meant to help us be better riders they just come off wrong sometimes...i mean this is the internet and its easy to get things mis-enterpreted...

Mad respect to you Teach and all the other stunters at the head of the game that can show a humble spirit.

much love,
Devin

oh ya and....thats a pretty GAY bar trick in your avatar Teach!! haha
Old 12-16-2003, 06:03 PM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point
Teach....at first what u had said sorta didnt sound right but after reading all of ur posts it made alot more sense to me....the reason i think ppl may be taking it the wrong way is because ur calling bar tricks "gay".....where i think all u shoulda said is that ppl who think they are stunt gods just because they can do bar tricks...high speed....and so on r the ones that are "gay"....not the actual tricks ....at least thats what i got out of it....and i just gotta put in my 2cents about something....i fully agree with u on respecting ppl who have been in this for a while...the "pros"....and this is def not directed at anyone in this thread......but i will NEVER EVER have even the smallest bit of respect for anyone that is "good"..."pro" or whatever it may be and holds it over anyone elses head or pretends that they are the best no matter WHO they are......this beyond anything else pisses me off about this sport........to big of egos...this just stems from a post that i did read on this site....where someone from a pretty well known stunteam...was bashing the hell out of someone for something innocent that they had said............
Old 12-16-2003, 06:09 PM

BigNasty is an unknown quantity at this point
paw paw i like that man it is cool...this Nasty with SVC...also man everyone is talkign sh*t about bar tricks being gay....i think they are cool i mean i also liek old scholl in ya face tank wheelies i mean the majority of the people buying videos are people who arent all like Kyle, or any other top riders just basic squids whos mom bought em a bike...i personally think circles are gay....i respect everyone doing them they are the shiznit it is a bad *** trick..but still after a while its like ok thers 1,2,3,4..i mean who cares...now the dude form Motopstchoz doing the highchair circle and all that is pimp....i mean i couldnt even begin to do one circle but i know my ****.....you cant dog paw paw for putting that post it may not be the hardest trick but it looks cool...not everyone has unlimited sposors and unlimited riding time...if they did half of the people bumping their gums as big dogs on here wouldnt be sh*t.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:22 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I think everything's summed up, lol. Big headed people are GAY, not tricks. As they said, I think people just read what you said the wrong way at first Teach, but after you explained things made since and we can relate. Also, like what you said about respect, and their elders.
I've noticed on this site lately there have been a some people that talk noise, and disrespectful to everyone cause either they think they are the crap or whatever, and some haven't even hit 21. Just for the record PawPaw is 38, and I think it's a shame that alot of these punks (not everyone, just the ones that keep on disrespecting in about every post), post up ******* everyone yet your gonna let a "old man", lol, bust off more tricks than you. PawPaw is not conceited, nor does he disrespect people or put himself as better than anyone. So, to those I'm talking about the younger full of crap peeps, RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!!! He's as your dad's age and should be treated as so, I don't care who you are or what you think you can do.

PS-I'm 19, but I don't disrespect my elders, so I'm talking to everyone that's young, just the punks.

LET'S RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2003, 06:25 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
I know you weren't attacking PawPaw Teach, just to let everyone know, PawPaw is a very well rounded rider. He's got more combo's than anyone I've met, roll slower with stock gears than people with 100 tooth sprocket, lol, and rolls endo's further than anyone else around here. His burnouts aren't that great but that has to do with him being 125 lbs, and not having enough weight on the front to keep it down, but he's not bad at those either.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:51 PM

kayceer1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw dustin from somthang fierce do it at a show a couple months ago, w/ ed doing a dangler underneath him......it was badass!

Quick Reply: Has anyone done this bar trick yet?