just got a 96 f3

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 04:18 PM

MADDOGC5 is an unknown quantity at this point
the linkage is turned up on the shift shaft coming from the motor...the way rudy has it it shifts normal.. on f3 it faces down..the motor is a 94 and had 3500miles on it during the start of the summer season 4/03.....the 12 pic is just kinda slow roll and fan the clutch w/ some throttle......practice...you will get the hang of it...very easy on that bike......clutch has heavy duty springs w/ stock fibers and steels....good luck and have fun. see ya in the summer
Old 12-15-2003, 06:24 PM
Look out for big trucks!!

Rudy-eastcoastX is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Maddog- I didn't know the answer to some questions because I just rode the bike never really got into it. Hey Jr. I just found more pics of me on the bike at www.virtually-there.cc Did you get a chance to ride it yet? That bike has been in our group since 96 no body can believe I sold it.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:54 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by MADDOGC5
see ya in the summer
you know it thanks for the info!

Originally posted by Rudy-eastcoastX
Did you get a chance to ride it yet? That bike has been in our group since 96 no body can believe I sold it.
i rode it alittle when I got to my brother's house but it was 1am and I didn't want to wake the neighbors ****, since 96 huh? bike must have seen alot of stuntin I'll try to make 'her' feel at home hit me up when you guys hit the spot. I need to practice. l8r.

-jr
Old 12-20-2003, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by MADDOGC5
......clutch has heavy duty springs w/ stock fibers and steels....
If I replace the springs with stock ones will the clutch act normal? not as hard? how easy is it to replace the springs?

-jr
Old 12-21-2003, 10:52 AM

dirt stunter is an unknown quantity at this point
flip it over

It sits on a splined peg and is held on with a pinch bolt just pull it off and flip it over and your back to normal. For those of you that want to convert it to GP shifting, you might have to take the sprocket cover off.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:39 AM
Regular StuntLifer

ChalupaKev is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got the left side fairing and access panel off my old F3 has scuf that are visible in the pic.. if anyone is interested Pm me....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	f3 plastin.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	54337  
Old 12-21-2003, 11:54 AM

Re: flip it over

Originally posted by dirt stunter
It sits on a splined peg and is held on with a pinch bolt just pull it off and flip it over and your back to normal. For those of you that want to convert it to GP shifting, you might have to take the sprocket cover off.
is that the piece at the end of the clutch cable or do I have to actually take the cover off? any pics of this part? thanks

-jr
Old 12-21-2003, 12:21 PM
Look out for big trucks!!

Rudy-eastcoastX is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: flip it over

Originally posted by r6_kidd
is that the piece at the end of the clutch cable or do I have to actually take the cover off? any pics of this part? thanks

-jr
No... he is talking about the shifter itself, Yours is already done and it shifts right. The slutch springs are easy to change take the clutch cover off and take out each bolt in the basket one by one and change the springs, Just don't over tighten or you will break a bolt. Oh, by the way I've got your clipons and 1 rearset packed and ready to go I just haven't got to ship it yet.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:50 PM

thanks Rudy, are the clutch springs what's causing the clutch lever to be so stiff? Do I replace them with stock ones? rode her today but it was f@ckin cold

-jr