Gorka spoke ! now let this sink in !

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 01:39 PM
JUST CLOWNING!

120clown is an unknown quantity at this point
i feel all riders should be rounded in there stunt capabilities. if you can do 12's and cannot do a burnout dam thats strange! i feel if you wanna make it and progress in this sport you will be able to do many diffrent stunts 12's endows circles or whatever just my .02
Old 12-02-2003, 02:40 PM
HoOk

J-Hook is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by CrazyJ
J u have a good point also ..very very true But the whole thing isnt about " if u want to step up the game " there are so many people who are on stuntlife and who stuntride who run there mouth like there some bigtime pro and "i got circles this and that " and "im better than u ar" but as Tony and gorka said its pretty sad when Comp time comes and u cant do a freakin rollin burnout ..................its like going through school ...and forgetting your ****in times tables! i mean **** come on just because u can spell real good and write real good dont mean ur the best in your class!

let your grades do your talking for you......... our class validictorian was someone i never even knew went to the school! lol.... cause instead of partyin and talkin about what they could do, they were doing it.........

2004 WOOTWOOT lol
Old 12-02-2003, 02:59 PM
1 footer wheelies!

Sillyneck is an unknown quantity at this point
hahahhahah! gorka's words kinda sound like what I did (minus the bragging).
As soon as I could do slow wheelies I went right for the circles. Kind of as a joke I guess. I figured people would think I was bad as hell if I could do circles that they'd never ask if I could do other tricks right away and I'd learn the other **** as time went on they seem to have underestimate my sneakiness

Yea most everyone here is dead on. If you can't do most everything decently then yo game is Gabbbbage. (raising my hand)

I still haven't ever done a high chair on my gix
Old 12-02-2003, 03:03 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by WETPAVEMENT
I'd rather just have fun and not worry about it................
sounds good
Old 12-02-2003, 05:16 PM
LAWN JOCKEY

standy is a decent person
whether you guys meant to or not, I think that you have encouraged alot of newer stunters in this particular forum. I try my hardest to learn new tricks every time I go out, but I was getting discouraged seeing all the sick stuff everyone was doing. Alot of us beginner guys (and Girls) see someone do a high chair circle or an 800 foot stoppie, and then think, "why do I bother riding if that's what it takes to compete." The truth is, as I have gathered from everyone here, is that you can make up for alot if you just get down and perfect what you CAN do. I'm gonna keep practicing and learning all I can, and I'm not gonna give up just because my coasters are only 400 feet instead of Darius' 1300, and I can only do 1 circle instead of 20. I just wanna thank everyone who provides encouragement and pointers, you know who you are.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:42 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by gorka
Sorry, I gotta do this I can't take hearing this again: Bro, you're entitled to your opinion but did you forget where you are? It's called STUNT DISCUSSION. Stunting. Period. You may be in the wrong place if your only accomplishment is to be a highway wheelie. If you want some instruction on how to do it, I'll gladly teach you but If you want to bash other people for wanting more from their bike, maybe general discussion would be a better place for you.
You beat me to it, except I was gonna saw the how to section or gixxer.com. We all started somewhere but if that's where you going to stop, then it definetly doesn't belong in a serious forum in the "Stunt" Discussion. I know I'm just coming back from a year worth of injuries, and it's really hard, but I'm having to learn ALL the basic stuff over again, not to mention trying to keep it with you guys, it just takes time. See yall at stuntwars.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:55 PM

DEBO is a decent person
Well PROPS to you well rounded stunters......

I cant really manage to pull any acrobatics....
Old 12-02-2003, 07:31 PM

RYAN_PBZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by WETPAVEMENT
I'd rather just have fun and not worry about it................
i'm with you my *****!!!
Old 12-02-2003, 11:56 PM
1 footer wheelies!

Sillyneck is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry, I gotta do this I can't take hearing this again: Bro, you're entitled to your opinion but did you forget where you are? It's called STUNT DISCUSSION. Stunting. Period. You may be in the wrong place if your only accomplishment is to be a highway wheelie. If you want some instruction on how to do it, I'll gladly teach you but If you want to bash other people for wanting more from their bike, maybe general discussion would be a better place for you.
Palabra!!

Highway wheelies on a fiddy are gangsta.....that's about it
Old 12-04-2003, 09:51 AM

J.C. is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh, one more thing. This may sound harsh, but it needs to be said: Many of you have more to worry about than hand brakes and big sprockets. Many have overlooked the fundamentals of the sport. The NSRA is geared for the well rounded rider: Burnouts, Stoppies, Controlled (slow) wheelies and freestyle. There were a large number (more than half of the competitors) that couldn't even get their rear tire started for a burnout, let alone make it through the course. I won't even mention the freestyle burnout section. Pitiful. Still can't go 100ft for your stoppie? Does your slow wheelie look like it belongs on the highway? I'd suggest you practice a little more. I wouldn't call myself a boxer if all I had was a mean right hook. Needless to say, your fight for the title won't last long unless you go back and learn to jab.

i agree
Old 12-04-2003, 10:34 AM

rainman is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with Gorka. Comps need to bring out the talent of an all-around rider. That is why the XSBA rules are what they are, and have been adopted by several other new sanctioning bodies, and organizations in other countries. They are based on the FMX rules that have set the standard in the MX world.

However, there is nothing wrong with having individual class champions and spreading the glory to long endo riders, teams, and freestylers.

Practice, put together a planned routine, be innovative, and stop complaining. I always hear excuses for why someone did not win... stop making excuses, improve your game. Go to a pro competition some day... talk to Thew, DV8 Ronnie, Dan Jackson, etc... learn from the riders that have been successful on the professional end of the sport.

Good luck.
Old 12-04-2003, 12:22 PM
rock stock

xXxNO LOVExXx will become famous soon enough
i think that this is going too be the best thing for the sport. if you look at alot of other not-so-well-known sports like bicycles and skateboarding, they all have certain disciplines. street,vert, park, all that ****. but if you look at most of the top riders and skaters, they do all of them. that is how they progress. they take **** from one thign and bring it too another park if there were people doin stupid *** combo's that came from acrobatics tricks, that would be nuts. dead christs intolong rollin no handers and ****. 600 foot stoppies into switchstance ****. the possibilities are endless. and i think this is what is going too start happening soon. competitions like this are going too force the sport too progress fast as helll and make it crazy too watch and do. i think it is for the good of the sport
Old 12-04-2003, 01:17 PM
Hater proof

CrazyJ is a decent person
Originally posted by forcefed6
i think that this is going too be the best thing for the sport. if you look at alot of other not-so-well-known sports like bicycles and skateboarding, they all have certain disciplines. street,vert, park, all that ****. but if you look at most of the top riders and skaters, they do all of them. that is how they progress. they take **** from one thign and bring it too another park if there were people doin stupid *** combo's that came from acrobatics tricks, that would be nuts. dead christs intolong rollin no handers and ****. 600 foot stoppies into switchstance ****. the possibilities are endless. and i think this is what is going too start happening soon. competitions like this are going too force the sport too progress fast as helll and make it crazy too watch and do. i think it is for the good of the sport

OMG FINILY SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY MADE SENSE ...!!!!!!!!!! THANKYOU !
Old 12-04-2003, 01:29 PM

That is why you need each specific discipline included in the score of a freestyle comp. Like compulsary excersises. In the XSBA rules, the scores are based on 4 things: 20% Variety of tricks (also broken down into burn-outs, wheelies, endos, and acrobatics... 5 points each), 20% Difficulty, 20% Execution, and 40% Overall run.

It takes all elements and includes them in the score, but also recognizes each element for it's contribution to the total. One judge per category, they way they stay focused on one thing and not looking at all elements at the same time.

This is the criteria for a ton of professional sports, and is directly taken from Freestyle MX, where it has become the industry standard worldwide.

Always question authority... but when the authority is correct... accept it and move on.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:39 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dirty B is an unknown quantity at this point
Not to knock the XSBA system, but just because it is based on FMX standards does not make it perfect. Change can be good.
Old 12-04-2003, 02:30 PM

I do not dissagree with change at all. As long as it make sense to everyone.

The reason that we mention FMX is that it has also been based on sports before it, and has been recognized for a decade as the standard for "Freestyle" based competitions.

Remember... keep it simple.
Old 12-04-2003, 02:34 PM

underzen is an unknown quantity at this point
The great thing about Gorka is he sees the future. He knows the future of this sport and he is doing something about it.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:51 PM
HoOk

J-Hook is an unknown quantity at this point
lol.... like horses with the blinders on
Old 12-26-2003, 11:06 PM

melampus is an unknown quantity at this point
Now let us hope GORKA continues to speak...!

Quick Reply: Gorka spoke ! now let this sink in !