Does a poor rider blame his bike??

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 10:40 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Frogger is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Does a poor rider blame his bike??

You've heard the saying: "A good carpenter doesn't blame his tools" right? Well, if you didn't, you did now!
Well anyways, do you think this is true for the rider/bike relationship?? Just kinda curious what everybody thought.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:20 PM
Regular StuntLifer

rlk6494 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont blame it on my tools or my bike i blame it on the 4 chicks in the camry beside me in traffic...does that make me a good rider??
Old 11-23-2003, 11:31 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by rlk6494
i dont blame it on my tools or my bike i blame it on the 4 chicks in the camry beside me in traffic...does that make me a good rider??
no;
as far as the first q. though lok how many "cant wheelie" and "what is up w/ my bike?" post are here, it takes lots of practice and skill to perform stunts. youd be suprised how many people can do a handfull of stunts now, but couldnt untill they practiced a little (with the same bike unchanged)
Old 11-23-2003, 11:33 PM
Regular StuntLifer

i wouldn't know, lol are those chicks making ya screw up or making you wish you didn't screw up. lol

Another thing people, do you feel you can stunt better on some days and not others? Reguardless of weather and other crap.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:39 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally posted by DLish
no;
as far as the first q. though lok how many "cant wheelie" and "what is up w/ my bike?" post are here, it takes lots of practice and skill to perform stunts. youd be suprised how many people can do a handfull of stunts now, but couldnt untill they practiced a little (with the same bike unchanged)
that is a good point, I stunt mostly mountain bikes or anything I can get my hands on, but it's true what you say that people get better with time, practice, and crashin'. not that I'm show'n off or anything, but I was beatin walmart bikes for a bit, but then I went and spent $700 on a pro mountain bike, and I think it's made a serious difference on my skills. disk brakes sure help with 12's and endos, and I'm afraid to dick the bike up so I'm more careful, so I got really good. I don't crash a fraction of what I used too. sorry for the long spate,
Old 11-23-2003, 11:55 PM

03silvers is an unknown quantity at this point
I blame my bike...but i know its me and not the bike...i cant get 2nd gear to come up if my life depended on it...but i am sure its cause i am doing somthing wrong

And as for good days and bas days...hell yea i have good and bad ones, But this weekend was all good, i have never rode as well as i did this weekend
Old 11-24-2003, 12:11 AM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point
The rider shouldn't blame the bike unless he's stuntin' on a kitana...LOL
Old 11-24-2003, 12:12 AM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point
or a ninja 500
Old 11-24-2003, 12:15 AM

sungwei is an unknown quantity at this point
Blaming the equipment is the best way to excuse yourself for a shitty day doing anything. We all know it's not the bike, but we all know as well to never mention that to someone having a bad day cause sometimes that excuse is all ya got. Trust me, I've been there all too many times!
Old 11-24-2003, 12:23 AM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
I blame my bmx bike for braking at the wrong time, thus throwing my skillz in the gab'bage
Old 11-24-2003, 12:27 AM
Regular StuntLifer

yea, i see, good points made. How about like mechanically though, poor brake pads, lousy gearing, wind, clutch slipping, do you think the rider can or should be able to compensate for that?? I mean obviously if the brake pads are worn to $hit then you'll do stoppies like $hit, but do you need the latest and greatest to be a good stunta?
Old 11-24-2003, 12:29 AM

Frogger, tomarrow im gonna put that to test, im gonna try an endo with my broken brake lever, and warn out pads
Old 11-24-2003, 12:31 AM
Stunlife's #1 Gimp!

Shaggy is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a buddy that CONSTANTLY drops his bike and busts his mirrors. He blames the mirrors. The guy is a complete moron. I tried real hard to explain to him, in plain english, maybe if he didn't drop his bike they wouldn't bust .....but no, the mirrors are pieces of crap

Oh and No, he's not a stunter -that's what makes it worse.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:41 AM

next time tell him the mirrors were ment to be broken, and he should just leave them be
Old 11-24-2003, 12:43 AM
Regular StuntLifer

hahaha, now that's funny, lol.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:35 AM
Regular StuntLifer

JOKER_OF_FFX is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by MSE_STUNNERZ
The rider shouldn't blame the bike unless he's stuntin' on a kitana...LOL
i don't think it's the bike fault, it's your skill. I have friend who stunt the $h!t out of a 93 katana. so it's definetly not the bike.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:14 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Brandon96311 is an unknown quantity at this point
It get's so old to see threads that ask about the best stunt bike and what not. There was one thread where this dude asked what bike out of the top 4 stunt bikes would be the best. It's like some people think that the can just just on a good bike for stunting and start throwing 12's the next day.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:53 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
i always blame my bike.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:02 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by Brandon96311
It's like some people think that the can just just on a good bike for stunting and start throwing 12's the next day.
That happens alot actually.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:20 PM

srsmokesalot is an unknown quantity at this point
do you think that some bikes are better to stunt than others. Like if you stunt a r1 or a 929 will thier be any differences. I know that a 600 cant perform as well. I m wondering about 750 -1000s liter bikes. Is it as easy to do highchairs burnouts stunts etc on a r1 as it is on a 929. Is it all just a prefference thang. thanx for the help.

Quick Reply: Does a poor rider blame his bike??