View Poll Results: How do you feel about Tandem Stunts?
I enjoy watching them and like seeing them compete with the solo riders
13.01%
I enjoy watching them perform, however they should have a class of thier own when competing
51.22%
The Danger of two people's life in jeapordy gains my interest
10.57%
Don't enjoy watching them...why risk a passengers life
15.45%
Only good for Shows and Spectator Purposes
27.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Tandem Stunts- What's Your Take

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 10:38 AM
CAT

CAT is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking blow up dolls

Carms have you been watching the Evasive Actions DVD again!??
Old 11-18-2003, 10:44 AM

BethanyStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by D's BEOTCH
Man that is whack about the passenger having no talent,(I used to stunt ride solo, but I enjoy riding with my man now) I mean you don't have to like what we do but there is a level of respecting riding ability, have you ever rode on the back of a bike doing something other than a sitdown wheelie with another dude? And what's with the rider not having control? Ant is bada$$ & the fact that he can ride with a passenger & look just as smooth is even better. I ride on the back with my man & if I move wrong or throw my arms out too soon or too fast we could go into a tank slapper (like we did in Texas) or just wreck. About the classes, I like the rules in TX, the solo rider must make so many runs solo, & then everything goes, there is only a few people that come to mind anyways for 2 or 3 up riding. I usually get comments like girl your ***** are bigger than mine for doing that stuff. Don't hate it if you haven't even tried it man.
Ha....gonna have to go with you on this one girl!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE tandem stunts......I love watching them...I love doing them....I love perfecting them.....LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!! As far as talent....Hello....think about what would happen if someone got on the back that didn't have balance or STRENGTH....hahahaha I know.....the first time I saw tandem...this girl was goin for 12 with her man...and her azz fell right off the bike....so I would have to say yeah...there is some skill level needed there for sure!!!

As far competitions.....a rider HAS to have a skill level of their OWN to EVEN THINK about putting someone on the back of their bike.....if they don't....they are just waiting for a disaster to happen......If there are riders that JUST do tandem stuff...then put them in their own class....but I don't think that there is....I do like the rules that were in place at LSBB.......I would like to see those rules at more events!

So far I have only done shows.....And from crowd...Tandem has gotten the loudest response and crowd reaction.....And...It takes SERIOUS TRUST to jump on the back of a bike and put your life into their hands....and mutual trust for the rider....to have with the passenger to put them back there as well....It's an awesome feeling....when you pull of a new trick with your partner....you get to SHARE the adrenaline rush...and for me and David..we feed of eachothers adrenaline after each new trick we do!!

Ok..I'm done...
Old 11-18-2003, 10:46 AM

Oh and one more thing...While on topic of tandem stunts.....When I first got into this.....I was DEATHLY afraid of bikes.....overcoming that fear was AMAZING as it was......AND watching Cat ride with Steve....that had a MAJOR impact on me getting over that fear....
Old 11-18-2003, 10:47 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by nags
I know I'll get flamed for it, but I do not enjoy watching tandem stunts... although, I'm pretty sure the non riding crowd likes it
You suck Nags!!!

I like seeing a few 2 up tricks in a pros run, like Teach said. There are a couple duos out there that are worth watching for a whole run, but not enough of them for a separate class at most events. Maybe at real big events.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:50 AM

Ds BEOTCH is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by RedlineCarms
Hmm I got the same comments.. but then again 2 ups is boring.. Give all props to the rider.. Maybe we can tie a bunch of blow up dolls to the bikes now since we dont do a damn thing..
blow up dolls would be sweeeeeet!! Maybe there was a misunderstanding, I think the rider has talent, the other person adds style
Old 11-18-2003, 10:59 AM

hahaha...right...blow up dolls would work REALLY well!! hahahaha

And...ywah...we do ADD style to it too...don't we!! heehee
Old 11-18-2003, 11:26 AM
MISCHIEVOUS!

~Carms~ is a decent person
Yeah they would really benifit the rider.. "They add a little cusion to the fall"!!
Old 11-18-2003, 12:16 PM

Ok for all those people who say that tandum should be in a class of it's own - WHY?? My view is that majority of the people who do tandum usually on have a few runs, is that really enough to put a new class out there? or let the compete with the solo riders?
Old 11-18-2003, 12:17 PM

sorry missed a few letters but hopefully you all know what i mean right?
Old 11-18-2003, 12:37 PM

illconduct is an unknown quantity at this point
I call
Old 11-18-2003, 12:39 PM

illconduct is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 11-18-2003, 12:40 PM
CAT

What's about any of this?
Old 11-18-2003, 01:31 PM

Originally posted by illconduct
I call
what are you trying to say man
Old 11-18-2003, 01:34 PM

Laura Freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by J.C.
i think that the passenger has no talent at all

and in most cases the rider doesnt have very good control

so i am going to have to say i dont like it
J.C. have some respect bro If you don't like it, thats fine but don't hate because others do like it. Have you ever tried 2 ups? It takes skill on both riders. I have stunted with some that didn't have the balance or skill to be a 2 up rider and the outcome was almost bad. I personally would never be a passenger on a bike to stunt, It scares the hell out of me just to sit on the back seat.When I first started 2 ups with Carms, I was scared as hell(fear of crashing for my passenger). The crowd still loves 2 ups, and thats what matters. I love watching Steve and Cat doing tandems. There shiat is off the hook
Anyways J.C. I have mad respect for your riding, It would be nice if all riders could give respect for others riding ability then to just bash it cause it's not your style. If you do not like someone then so be it but don't knock there riding skills, just my 2 cents...
One more thing... I ride because I love to ride. I would rather do a show anyday over a competition. When we are all there just to show we ALL have fun but when it's a competition then the fun seems to go out of it.
Have a nice day folks
Old 11-18-2003, 01:39 PM
Super-Thread-editor

Erik will become famous soon enough
I think 2 ups are pretty sweet, and pretty much for all the reasons said (Skill, trust, balance, excitement etc...). I did vote for it to be in it's own class for one reason, can you really compare it to a solo show? It adds a different element that I don't think can be judged fairly against the solo riders. Either way, I will finish with the thoughts of Carmen. Many of us stunt for the thrill and fun of it. I enjoy supporting my friends(Although I'm always giving them a hard time too for kicks). It's always awesome to watch someone improve and move to the next step, or creating the next step. That's what draws me to stunting.............So to each their own, and rock it!
Old 11-18-2003, 02:25 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point
just like everything else in life, the guy does all the work and the girl just hops along for the ride................pry gets half the prize money too.................

lol

and if you want tandem stunts look at the brothers from Geared Up, now those are stunts, (like climbin on the dudes shoulders)
Old 11-18-2003, 02:39 PM
CAT

Laura....thanks....one of these days I'll get the courage up to try Mind Sweeper......heard it is a one of a kind rush.

Would you let me?

Old 11-18-2003, 02:39 PM

Laura Freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by DV8Ryan
just like everything else in life, the guy does all the work and the girl just hops along for the ride................pry gets half the prize money too.................

I would have to disagree with that statement, When we win the girlz have to split the money

lol

Originally posted by DV8Ryan

and if you want tandem stunts look at the brothers from Geared Up, now those are stunts, (like climbin on the dudes shoulders)
Oh I have to agree with you there. They are off the fookin hook. Damn I guess that means 2 dudes have to split the money
Old 11-18-2003, 02:40 PM
CAT

Yeah when it comes to splitin the cash winnings.....it's all the same bank account so.....what's to split?
Old 11-18-2003, 02:54 PM

lunachic, we tried a mindsweeper a few times it is the sweetest feeling, the guys from geared up look good in TX.

Quick Reply: Tandem Stunts- What's Your Take