Torn Acl :-(

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 07:51 PM

squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
man that sucks,,, i just had the operation on friday on my knee. i messed up the miniscus. i start therapy tomorrow
the operation wasn't to bad.. good luck with you knee
Old 11-05-2003, 01:20 AM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person
Originally posted by Scott@STUNTERS
That sucks Jacob!!!!

I also blew my acl bout 4 years ago, and haven't had any problems with it since then. I did not get surgery, as I did not have health insurance at the time, and it would of costed over 15,000. It hurt for appr. a month or 2, and after that, I had full range of motion and it rarely hurts, cept when it rains.... lol

I have had 2 buddies with blown acl's, and went and recieved surgery, and both have blow it again(one buddy 3 times)! So, it kind of seems to me, that after surgery it may be more weak..... just my .10 cents.
WORD. thats what Im saying. Ive heard some shitty things about the surgery. Im sure it works for some people but not me. Think about it. DOnt do the surgery unless you are going to be dedicated to the recovery. If you go ride to early because your dying to get back on the bike, you might just mess that **** up again and be back to where you are now. If you do go with the surgery I wish you all the luck for a speedy recovery. Youll be back in no time.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:48 AM

squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
i got the knife on friday, saturday i was in philly at the tony hawk show. it wasn't the best move but do-able. i go to the docotr today. i'll find out how bad of a move it was. with my schedule i don't have time to laid up so i got to push the recovery.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:35 AM

jbad is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah well after facing reality.. Im prolly gonna have it, Its just a SHOCK and Ive heard the stories and recovery times and such.. It wont be so bad I went riding lastnight and the vibration from the bike killed it, It hurt by the middle of the night, but I had to get my freeway **** in. I can do standups and left pegs.. just no ballarinas and ball drops, or combos..... gotta keep it simple cause its still kinda im-mobile and weak.. but a month of physical therepy (which I start today) is gonna make it stronger....then I thing that after my bone contusions heal the DR. said it would be time for the knife... I wish I had the video camera, cause when she said " your ACL is torn and surgery is what...." I hit the DR's table and passed out... just the thing I needed to hear to ruin my day... that will be surgery # 3 for 2003. 1st motorcycle related... but it wont stop me.. Ill be back by FEB for stuntwars or MARCH for DAYTONA.... thats the GOAL! everyone be safe.. I tore it doing a simple ape hanger I have done many of times... sometimes ya never know which one it will be. ride safe!
Old 11-06-2003, 03:29 PM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person
good luck my man