**Freedom Of Speach On The Internet**

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 11:44 AM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
**freedom Of Speach On The Internet**

OK here is a post I used from Richie at www.DFWSportbike.com explaining your constitutional rights of free speach on a messageboard like this one.

So just make sure you understand the rules posted here in EVERY forum
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/ann...p?s=&forumid=2

Thanks Richie!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom of speech

People keep telling me that the mods and admins are infringing on their constitutional right of freedom of speech. I am not sure if every one truly realizes what the 1st amendment really means. So I am going to show everyone what it is and then what it means

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
Prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or
of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition
the Government for a redress of grievances.

What does that mean you ask?

Let's take a comprehensive look at the 1st Amendment.

"Congress" - When the Constitution and/or the Bill of Rights says Congress, it means both the United States House of Representatives and the United States Senate together.

"shall" - Shall is the imperative form of the word will. This means absolutely vital and necessary - imperative.

"make" - Make means to enact in this case.

"no" - As the saying goes, "What part of the word NO did you not understand?"

"law" - This means -any- legislation.

"respecting" - This means concerning.

"an establishment of religion," - This means both the creation of new religions as well as currently existing ones.

"or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;" - This meant anyone could worship whichever way they chose. This was of paramount importance to the Founding Fathers. They remembered one of the reasons that the United States was created in the first place - as an escape from religious controls of English churches.

"or abridging" - Abridging means to curtail or lessen.

"the freedom of speech," - This means that everyone has the right and privilege to say what they want. Note that this does -not- protect anyone from -civil- liability, just governmental control and thus criminal liability.

"or of the press;" - This means that the press (that is - reporters, newspapers, etc.) can also say whatever they wish, subject to the same civil laws regarding libel and slander.

"or the right of the people peaceably to assemble," - This allowed for peaceful public meetings about virtually any subject, either in private homes or public forums.

"and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." - This allowed citizens to officially protest anything that the federal government might do which curtailed rights or caused harm to the citizens.

What does this mean, exactly? Well, it means that people can form whatever churches they wanted and worship in those churches the way that they pleased - forever; it means that the people and the media could say whatever they darn well pleased (in other words, censorship is not only illegal, it's unconstitutional); it means that people could gather together for virtually any purpose, and it means that people could demand the federal government stop illegal practices.

In addition, the federal government agrees to not have a "state" religion - that is, a religion that the federal government supports over any other. That means that "respecting an establishment of religion" really means that the federal government will not endorse one religion as being the one that is "official". The Founding Fathers definately wanted to get away from the Church of England and it's influence over English government.

There. Wasn't that simple? The Founding Fathers never meant for the federal government to ever interfere with any of the rights that were guaranteed by either the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

No where does the 1st amendment allow for people to say what every they choose in a privately owned and operated web site or privately owned and operated store for that matter.

People tend to think the freedom of speech in the 1st amendment means they can say what ever they want where ever they want and when ever they want and there is nothing that can be done about it or if something is done they feel that their 1st amendment right has been stepped on. That’s not the case people sometimes just don’t fully understand what the 1st amendment means.

Hope this helps to better understand the 1st amendment.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:01 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

KC Tony is an unknown quantity at this point
In short on Stunlife Shugga is God and can do what ever he damn well pleases because this is his world not ours!
Old 10-28-2003, 01:13 PM

stunta is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with you first off Shugga.

However Im sure you realize that there are a hundred arguments against that definition. I'm also willing to bet that someone on here brings it up trying to be trite.

My thing is this, if you dont like how I run my website, and you complain about it in the open and run off potential members, you're gone. Theres only one warning. I'm trying to further the sport with the same people that want to do that. If you let a few small arguments, opinions on a web site get in your way how will you ever get to the big battles?

Just my .02
Old 10-28-2003, 01:13 PM

mead_hall is an unknown quantity at this point
blam!! hahaha who would win in a fight Shugga or God??

trick question!! Shugga is God!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 01:24 PM
awww **** motorcycles!

paragus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to allparagus is a name known to all
ive tried to explain this to ppl before, but some still didnt get it..
Old 10-28-2003, 01:45 PM

ericgsxr is a decent person
the way I look at it is this: It's one thing to clown around a little, it's another to be negative all the time.

I jumped over to stuntlife hoping to get some more insite on taking my skillz (as poor as they be) up a notch, and I'm sure there are guys on here that can teach me stuff by accident.

It's great that there is a forum where we can all discuss our techniques, compare rides, show off some stunts, etc. It's best to keep everything dynamic and positive, there are probably tons of guys out there affraid to open there mouth and ask a stunt question for fear some body will slam on them.

What was the question again? Oh yeah, Shuga vs. God... I'd have to go with other and put my money of mechaGodzilla. with the new inovations in technology, microwaves, nukes, etc, he's upstopable!!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 02:44 PM

covertwar is a decent person
You can't walk up in my crib and say whatever the hell you want. The first amendment protects only from government oppression.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:58 PM

felonyfreestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
techincally if you invited me i could. and if you didnt invite me the most you could do is use non-deadly force so put the gun away! sorry couldnt help myself. i have a law test in 15 mins. gotta keep my mind on the subject
Old 10-28-2003, 04:25 PM
I Love To Post!

WETPAVEMENT is a decent person
Lets put it like this

"Congress shall make no law...."

I am not congress. Therfore, you shall kiss my ***!
Old 10-28-2003, 04:27 PM

bler is an unknown quantity at this point
people DO have a right to say whatever they want WHEREVER they want... without prosecution from the goverment..

privatley it does not mean that you will not have to pay a price or deal with someone you offended (but you are protected legally from being assulted (even on private property) as well)...

and yes, you do have rights on private property... i'm sure everyone has heard the story of the guy who tried to rob someones house, got injured and sued the owner of the house..

same way you can't just shoot someone for talking smack to you on your property...