ya think it was worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 09:30 PM

honda4life is an unknown quantity at this point
If i cant walk Ill jsut rideLOL **** aint no thing. yeah she told me to go. im just stubborn. but its all good now anyways. i listened to her. i doubt i need surgery. but however, i will be wearing a brace next time i ride so i dont **** up the chance to go riding with you and her. imma try to come ther next month. you down too? Tell her hi for me
Old 10-15-2003, 09:37 PM

jethro426 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ul b back in no time. just play a lot of PS2 and whatch videos, hows the bike?
Old 10-15-2003, 09:42 PM

426stunna is an unknown quantity at this point
go see a orthropedic surgen a.s.a.p. and ask him if you can do pre-op physical therapy. i did and i think it has helped me so much. i started pt about 3 days after surgery and i was off the crutches an drugs within 6 days after the surgery. i was supposed to wear this god aweful knee brace for 6 weeks he told me yesterday that i didnt need it anymore, it was 4 weeks after surgery sunday and already i can bend my knee 110 degrees, and what i have been told, i am at least 3 weeks ahead of schedule if not more.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:45 PM

oo ya if you do get a knee brace get a CTI 2, they are custom made to fit like a glove. mine was $1,500, thank god for insurance. i will try to get some pictures of all of my knee braces and my battle scar.

i hope you have health insurance.

good luck and speedy recovery. ooo ya he wont let me ride my bike until march.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:50 PM

yeah i got a brace now. its freekin huge!!!!!. yeah 2 of my goosd friends are therapists her so i dont need to go to the doctor for it they can treat me here in my gym. really appreciate all the good comments and thoughts from everyone on here. oh yeah and the bikes still drivable. totall crunchy though... addss character. jsut need some zip ties ya know. ill post some pics tomorrow of the condition of the bike.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:00 PM

Biminifish is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I hope all goes well with the surgery or whatever they end up doing.

Although I would really like to know what is with guys and not going to the hospital when they are injured. My hubby, 954john, broke his leg beginning of Aug on his bike. His friend brought him home instead of going to the hospital. Then the next day I had to call an ambulance cause he couldn't make it to the car.

I hope all goes well and that you have many loved ones close by to help you through the next several monthes. You will need it.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:28 PM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point
what up Dogg...............when are we going stuntin again?

heal up, I will too!

Goose
Old 10-16-2003, 12:06 AM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Hate to be the one who tells ya, but therapist can only do so much. If it's bad internal you'll have to have surgery. Mine looked the same and I had nothing left inside. All I did was hop up in the air after flipping a high chair endo, and mine completely blew. Thought I could just rough it out, but I had to have surgery, and all that BS of gettin up and walking in a week is crap depending on what you messed up. 6 months later, my knee still hurts like hell, can't bend it all the way without it snapping and lodging, spent countless painfull months in physical therapy, and still can't stunt ride. Just don't push it, get a MRI, and a scope if necessary. I went in for a simple 30 min surgery and came out 4 hours later. They really can't ell unless they go in with certain stuff.
Oh, and hope you have medical insurance cause the sugery was over 30 GRAND, and still isn't fixed.
Good luck on the knee, not trying to think the worst just letting you know my scenerio
Old 10-16-2003, 02:47 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
Originally posted by crazy1
pain is temporary

Glory last's forever boys

- I have had two knee surgeries.
--Ankle reconstucted.
---Broke my pelvis into over 100 pieces / broke ball of the end of leg/ ruptured spleen, blatter, pancreas/ Broken Back/ tore all the ribs away from my sternum on the left upper side.
and several over night stays in the hospital with concousions
I can't count my days spent in ICU on both hands an feet.
so join the club brother. Crutches and wheel chairs suck but the glory is for ever if you were pushing **** hard when you wrecked.

You know it's worth it and the human body is amazing.
I feel like a million bucks and I have been through the meat grinder.

DAMN!!! Do you really think your just pushing it hard? That's alot of ER time. If I f-d up that much stuff I'd become a couch potato!

I've broke my collarbone
tore muscles in the other shoulder
sprained my ankle
had both knees look like that picture
and got somthing wrong with my sternum, makes cracking noises and hurts sometimes
Old 10-16-2003, 11:11 AM

2k2954 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ya think it was worth it?

Originally posted by honda4life
so the question is .....was it worth it? .....................God Damn Right it was!!!!!! Tru Stunt Spirit baby!!!!!

RIGHT ON!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2003, 12:10 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

crazy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Kyle_PBZ
DAMN!!! Do you really think your just pushing it hard? That's alot of ER time. If I f-d up that much stuff I'd become a couch potato!

I've broke my collarbone
tore muscles in the other shoulder
sprained my ankle
had both knees look like that picture
and got somthing wrong with my sternum, makes cracking noises and hurts sometimes

Ya those where just some of my major injuries I listed. believe me it goes on and on. Dislocated ac joints in the shoulders, broken wrist, fingers, toes. You name it Kyle. Crazy thing is I am only 22 years old. It's not that I pushed my self to hard it's that i don't know when to stop. I always think things can be taken to another level. Ask any one that knows me and they will tell you I always step up the game/ risk. P.S. - none of my injuries are motorcyle related. They were all on mountain bikes and snowboards.
Old 10-16-2003, 12:11 PM

Bunarocket, i am not lying when i said i walked into the doctors office 6 days after surgery. apperently you just heal differently or i am just lucky because i am on my 5th week after surgery and i am doing fine. i am already off that huge knee brace you get right after surgery. i gotta get AAA batteries for my digi, when i do i will get some pictures of my knee braces.
Old 10-16-2003, 12:11 PM

i think id retire teh whole snowboard n mountain bike thinkg!!
Old 10-16-2003, 12:15 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

crazy1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by honda4life
i think id retire teh whole snowboard n mountain bike thinkg!!
No way bro. I still am stronger than ever at both sports. I can really say you have to wreck and crash that much to get to the level I am at in Snowbaording & biking. I have been competing and sh*t for years. I have large bags of tricks and literaly live for the sh*t. #1 stunna
Old 10-16-2003, 01:18 PM

Thats awesome man. I like snowboarding too its crazy fun. Good attitude. Push it then. take it somewhere im sure ya can with an attitude like that.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:34 PM

ya, that is a good attitude for it. everyone keeps telling me that i am going to slow down but i just tell them that this is just a resting period so i can come back and whoop the other riders ***. i cant wait until march when i can ride again. PT tonight at 5, i bet he is going to stretch my knee to 115 degrees tonight.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:05 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, it all depends on the extent of the injuries. I'm not sure what made mine so bad, I'm still not. Glad to hear your up and walking good, nice to know someone's was quick, lol. Good luck
Old 10-16-2003, 02:43 PM

lets try to figure this out, I am 18 so i still heal quick like a kid, i had no ACl, my meniscus was so so so bad, he said it was the worst he has seen in at least 10 years, and my MCL was almost completely torn. it could be that i had pre-op pt. dirt bike season next year woohoo, i can already smell the race fuel haha.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:47 PM

Hey i finally got around to taking pics of my knee braces and my scar, sorry for the quality the digi cam batteries are low.

first knee brace after i crashed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	beforesurgery.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	40090  

Quick Reply: ya think it was worth it?