Introducing The National Stunt Riding Association

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 07:12 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person
2004 is going to be Crazy!

Between the NSRA, the XSBA, the PSFA, the WBBF, Sportbike FIX, Stuntfests, and FSX.....schedules are going to be hard to plan.

Post up the schedules ASAP, Ive got to plan my calender and budget soon!

Old 10-15-2003, 07:23 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dirty B is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm going to try and address all of the questions everyone has asked.

"Where do the fees go?" The fees go towards paying for the insurance that we have secured for all the riders. Let me assure you that these fees come no where close to covering the full price of insurance which is over $20,000/year. Insurance plays a vital role in making this all work. I don't know if everyone understands the risk that they are taking when they compete at an event with no insurance. In most sports, there is a national governing body that provides insurance coverage for it's athletes. In order for an athlete to be covered by that organization's insurance, they must be a member of that organization.

"Is this another corporate takeover?" A couple people have made statements referring to us as a "Corporate takeover." I am a rider just like you guys, the ones of you that know me personally already know that. It has always been my dream to see this sport succeed. I felt that I could make a bigger contribution to this sport as an organizer than as a rider. I have basically given up any potential career as a rider that I had so that I could focus on making this sport happen. I went to school to learn how to run sporting events. I graduated from the University of Florida with a degree in Sports Management. I was one year away from completing my masters degree in Sports Management when I left school so that I could focus all of my time and energy on the NSRA. Myself and my business partner Jenn Brown both worked the Gravity Games in 2003. From the knowledge that we have from these things, as well as our excellent Advisory Board that consists of members of many different national governing bodies as well as Olympic coaches, we are confident that we can handle any situation we come across. I can assure you that we are not owned by any large mogul that is going to oversee our operations. If you want to know exactly who is involved with the NSRA, go to the website and check out the "contact us" page under the Corporate button.

"Is the scoring system too confusing?" Because this is a totally new concept for stunt competitions that none of us are use too, it would be unrealistic to expect that there would be no confusion. I don't feel that the current system is too complicated, but if it proves to be too complicated we can modify it. Too help keep the spectators up to date on what they are watching on the track, we are planning on announcing each rider's score/time after their run. This will make the crowd feel like their presence is valued rather than feel like they are just taking up space in the stands.

"What are the payouts?" The deal with the payouts is this, we are still in negotiations with some of our sponsors. Therefore I don't want to through out any specific numbers quite yet. I can tell you this, we are going to payout the top 15 riders at each competition and the payouts are going to be much better than the XSBA currently is.

Once again, the section of the rule book that states that the bikes must be neat clean is nothing to get worked up about. We are just trying to help the riders get more media exposure by cleaning up there bikes a little. We're not going to prohibit you from riding because we don't think your bike looks pretty, it's not like that. Wash your bike and trim your zip ties and you'll be OK.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:09 PM

Tick_9se7en3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there ever going to be events for amature riders? Many of us don't have the time or facilities to get to the skill level of many other riders but still would like to compete amonst people of the same skill level and be competative.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:29 PM

There will be oportunities for Amateurs to compete at the 2004 qualifiers. The competition format for amateurs is geared more towards developing skill where as the pro format focuses on determining the best overall riders. The amateurs will be able to pick and choose which events they feel comfortable competing in and also have a lower entry fee.
Old 10-16-2003, 12:05 AM
ScooterTrashST.com

NICK HILL is a decent person
the more and more stuntfests etc. the less people will attend and compete. why travel all over the country following one event then stay at home and wait for them to come to you. im sure thats how most will look at it. too many people trying to have their own comps. gonna get sacturated like the videos. everyone wants a video and everyone wants there own stuntfest.

going to look at that website now
Old 10-16-2003, 04:23 AM
go **** yourself

brian127 is an unknown quantity at this point
i understand that some stunters have totally f'd up bikes and no vin #'s like me and wear baggy clothes like cbo, and it does probably make the sport look trashy but why doesnt clear channel or the ama have these similar rules. i'm down with rules and all just curious
Old 10-16-2003, 10:42 AM
BiZ

BiZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by NICK HILL
the more and more stuntfests etc. the less people will attend and compete. why travel all over the country following one event then stay at home and wait for them to come to you. im sure thats how most will look at it. too many people trying to have their own comps. gonna get sacturated like the videos. everyone wants a video and everyone wants there own stuntfest.
very well said.

actually what interests me most is the employment opportunities. i was interested in what positions might be available including salary requirements.

thanks
Old 10-16-2003, 11:05 AM

2k2954 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cant wait to see how the first event goes.... Good luck
Old 10-16-2003, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by Gimix
change the appearance of the bikes and the riders, what is next, changing which stunts are allowed?

What is the definition of selling out to make money off of us stunters? Just my two cents of curiosity.
Bro, let me explain this to you. We are not changing the appearance of the bike or riders. The bikes need to be clean so that the tech inspector can see what he is looking at. If your bike is covered in dirt, it's not going to make it through tech. As for the riders, we are requiring that they wear safety gear, how are we selling out to make money off of you. You really don't see the big picture here. The reason we can't allow extra baggy pants is because they are a safety hazard, not because we don't like the way they look. It has nothing to do with image.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:14 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm loving the idea of limited approach on endo's. I might actually start practicing again since I won't have to enter at mach 9.

YEAH for the NSRA.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:44 PM

BigBalla is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 10-16-2003, 10:57 PM

Chickley is an unknown quantity at this point
It sounds like the best idea that I have heard in a long time. I hope it works out and bet your asses that I will definately be there!! Ride on and mad props to those who thought of this brilliant idea!
Old 10-16-2003, 11:58 PM

NoNameStunter is an unknown quantity at this point
If someone will give me cash to ride I would stop wearing baggy jeans. Plus I think baggy jeans went out of style in like 97, so it is probably time for a change anyway.
P.S. I don't think real gangstas ever wore real baggy jeans, it was more the middle class white suburbia. So gimix you keep on being a "real" poser.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:20 AM
ScooterTrashST.com

NICK HILL is a decent person
talked to you guys out in florida last weekend. see you soon.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:30 AM

Originally posted by NICK HILL
talked to you guys out in florida last weekend. see you soon.
Nice talking to you guys in Daytona. Look forward to seeing you in November.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:54 PM

JennR6er is a decent person
I think you need an NSRA girl... or girls.... hehe....
Old 10-21-2003, 01:07 PM

Originally posted by JennR6er
I think you need an NSRA girl... or girls.... hehe....
Actually, we do have NSRA Girls, but we are always looking for more! If you are interested in becoming a NSRA Girl, please email Jennifer Brown at jbrown@stuntnsra.com

P.S. Sclevla, you can not be a NSRA girl. Sorry.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:35 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by brian127
i understand that some stunters have totally f'd up bikes and no vin #'s like me and wear baggy clothes like cbo, and it does probably make the sport look trashy but why doesnt clear channel or the ama have these similar rules. i'm down with rules and all just curious
hey jackass...take your no vin somewhere else...here's some helpful advice to land you in jail as well: keep making dumb comments about vins and junkbox bikes because none of us here could be a cop!!!

as for ama/fusa, they DO require vins....

goodbye and see you all in november!

chris

Quick Reply: Introducing The National Stunt Riding Association