Introducing The National Stunt Riding Association

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 11:29 PM

-Eric- is an unknown quantity at this point
the insurance question can be answered on the website, which is down right now.

from what i believe i read the upper level (more expensive) membership which was either $50 or $100, included insurance for all of the entered events.

im pretty sure this is what i read, it was a few hours ago and i cant verify it now.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:35 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dirty B is an unknown quantity at this point
The deal with the insurance is this. In order to get particpant coverage insurance for our events, which we do have, we have to require that the participants also have their own health insurance. Any other legitimate organization operates the same way, it's nothing new.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:54 PM

GSE_Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point
Props man.

Been hearing the talk and chatter lately and glad to see you have gotten this far with what you have obviously been working very hard on.

Can't wait to see it happen and I will most definetly be driving over into PA for that event to support it. I'll keep checkin that nice looking site for dates.

Keep up the great effort!
Old 10-15-2003, 12:06 AM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like a great site and great idea....good luck with it..
Cheers
SK
Old 10-15-2003, 12:19 AM
Turn My Headphones Up

Mark_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Dirty B
I'm not sure why the site is down right now, I contacted our webmaster and let him know the situation.

Yes, the Camp Woodward we are holding the qualifiers at is the same facility that alot of the top pro bmx, skate, and inline athletes live at and train year round. We are really excited about this and I think that anyone else that know what Camp Woodward is about will feel the same way.

The scoring for Controlled Wheelie and Longest Stoppie is purely subjective meaning that there is no judging involved. Longest Stoppie is determined by how far you roll on the front wheelie, Conrolled Wheelie is determined by how long is takes you to travel 300ft on the rear wheel only. The points come into play when calculating the All-Around score.

Let me try and explain this better.

Qualifying: Each rider competes in Longest Stoppie, Controlled Wheelie, Freestyle Burnout, and Xtreme Freestyle(2min). Riders will get a score in each event based on a 100 point scale. The 4 scores will be averaged together to get an All-Around score. The top 15 riders based on their All-Around score will advance to the Final round.

Finals: All riders' scores will be reset. Each rider will compete in Longest Stoppie, Xtreme Freestyle (3min), and Sickest Trick. Once again, the riders will get a score in each event based on a 100 point scale. The 3 scores will be averaged together to determine the final ranking.

Hopefully that will help clear things up. I understand that this is something completely new and that there is going to be some confusion. Feel free to continue asking questions.

B I'm all for the NSRA, but if this system confuses us........then imagine how confused the spectators are going to be. We're trying to reach out and get people interested in our sport who know nothing about it, and this type of competition seems way too complicated for a crowd of potentially new fans to follow. Maybe a few years down the road when everyone in the crowd understands all the aspects of our sport this would probably be a good idea, but for now I think we need to keep the competitions as basic as possible in order to help the crowd follow what's going on.

just my 98 cents
Mark
Old 10-15-2003, 02:06 AM

MartyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Mark_MPZ
B I'm all for the NSRA, but if this system confuses us........then imagine how confused the spectators are going to be. We're trying to reach out and get people interested in our sport who know nothing about it, and this type of competition seems way too complicated for a crowd of potentially new fans to follow. Maybe a few years down the road when everyone in the crowd understands all the aspects of our sport this would probably be a good idea, but for now I think we need to keep the competitions as basic as possible in order to help the crowd follow what's going on.

just my 98 cents
Mark

i dont know... i watch snowboarding and GNCC quad races and i dont know **** about the "finer points" or technical terms... spectators just want to see what they normally dont see everyday and those three ways of judging IMO will go over great with spectators!!!.... just go back to the first time you seen a stoppie or a wheelie or any trick for that matter and think of how that made you feel!! thats what the spectators are gonna feel!

NSRA ALL THE WAY!!! send me some stickers dude!
Old 10-15-2003, 03:13 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
I think the NSRA is well thought out and a very good idea. I will join as soon as we're able to.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:36 AM

GUPJAY is an unknown quantity at this point
dirty you are the man. the is nsra is one of the most thought organization yet. however everyone needs to realize everything is not set in stone(rulebook) only trial and error will work the kinks out and make the nsra work. as making the sport more pro is the bomb. the guys that love the street will always ride the street, that is their love. you know you have our support bro!
Old 10-15-2003, 08:59 AM
Turn My Headphones Up

Mark_MPZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by BlinginR602
i dont know... i watch snowboarding and GNCC quad races and i dont know **** about the "finer points" or technical terms... spectators just want to see what they normally dont see everyday and those three ways of judging IMO will go over great with spectators!!!.... just go back to the first time you seen a stoppie or a wheelie or any trick for that matter and think of how that made you feel!! thats what the spectators are gonna feel!

NSRA ALL THE WAY!!! send me some stickers dude!
you're missing the point, sure I agree that any crowd that goes to see any type of "extreme" sport wants that "wow" factor of seeing something crazy and/or dangerous. Any type of competition we do the crowd will surely get that, but what they also want to see is a competition, riders battling it out to see who wins.......it only adds to the excitement of the event, not to mention it actually keeps them interested in what's going on because the "wow" factor only lasts but so long. But with this type of competition the crowd is gonna be lost as to who's in the lead overall, who's close behind him, etc.

my opinion
Old 10-15-2003, 09:27 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
An other corporate take over! They want your bikes to look pretty? Are they going to pay for bikes, parts, gear, and traveling expenses like all the other big sports? Guess It really shouldn't matter to me, I'm gonna always just ride for fun.....just like it was in the beginning!
Old 10-15-2003, 09:44 AM

Thew1096 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hate to be the materialistic one of the bunch, but what kind of payouts are we talking.
Everyone can pledge their support and say how much they like the idea, but without large purses no one will show. Its been proven over and over with the XSBA.
One more thing, the "taking it to the next level" is played out. We've already been promised that by 100 other bullshit promoters. "Don't talk about it, Be about it" (slogan from my favorite team)

Good luck and see you in Nov.
Thew
Old 10-15-2003, 12:31 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
FYI

"Dont talk about it, be about it" was my line originally
Old 10-15-2003, 12:34 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by DSOG Thomas
FYI

"Dont talk about it, be about it" was my line originally
shut the front door thomas!!!

loser!!

see you homos in daytona!!!

Mac
Old 10-15-2003, 12:37 PM

insane900rr is an unknown quantity at this point
At what point did someone authority to tell stunters that they can have their bikes look like they want them to? Oh, wait. where are all the corperate sponsor to give their point of view and rules and regulations. It sounds like a bunch of crap to me
Old 10-15-2003, 02:42 PM

JACK@SPEEDRAG is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by thew1096
Hate to be the materialistic one of the bunch, but what kind of payouts are we talking.
Everyone can pledge their support and say how much they like the idea, but without large purses no one will show. Its been proven over and over with the XSBA.
One more thing, the "taking it to the next level" is played out. We've already been promised that by 100 other bullshit promoters. "Don't talk about it, Be about it" (slogan from my favorite team)

Good luck and see you in Nov.
Thew
This is not a bash on Thew, so dont anyone take it as that. I think he has a good question about payouts, but I dont think "the next level" has been played out, it takes time to get there, and we all know it just hasnt hit yet. Its not going to be just one group or organization to take it to the next level. Yes, we all know there have been some b.s. promoters (who shall remain nameless, and called and bugged riders daily) who claimed and promised a lot of things that never happened, and burned some riders. I am all in favor of helping someone out who is making a serious effort and not just spewing from the mouth. But the promoters cant take it to the next level all on their own, it takes effort from everyone, from the riders, the aftermarket, and corporate sponsors alike to embrace the idea. It has to be win/win for everyone. So as promoters and organizations grow, increased exposure and sponsorship grows, and then so do the purses. (Or thats how its supposed to work). We know its not just a “If you build it they will come” type of thing. It takes a lot of time and patience to build up a sanctioning organization into something well recognized and accepted. But I have seen it done from the inception of IFMA, when I was involved and blowing up the FMX movement with LBZ. My success will be based almost solely on the fact that that freestyle streetbike can make it big, and I hope to be right there as its on the verge of blowing up. But more important, I want to see the riders making a full time living at it. All I can say is that the NSRA has its work cut out for them, and I as well wish them good luck.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:09 PM
Regular StuntLifer

JPFREESTYLE is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

This is what this sport has been waiting for awhile. This will put this sport out in the mainstream to educate people how much this sport is growing. I'm sure you will be able to grab some big name sponsors not just clothing and helmet companies but Stores, Tools and Parts companies as well (ex: Parts Unlimited, Snap-on, MAC, Target, etc.) I'm sure if you contact some of them they would be more than happy to put their name out. The rules sound fare and give an amatuer a chance to excel up to a better level without battling against a pro competitor. I like the one man show better than a team. Almost all events except XSBA you have to have a team to compete. Dirty B you have my full support on this, I'm behind you 110% This what Stuntriding has been waiting for. Let me know if you need anything.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:09 PM

hooligan is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds good.

any thoughts on including a team coreograpghed event. similar to the stuff the blue angels do. as a spectator ive always thought that **** is cool to see. adds another element of "danger, drama, whatever you want to call it" to the stunt when you have to time it out right and control it. any way, just a thought. space might be a limiting factor, but just my

the rest sounds good
Old 10-15-2003, 04:54 PM
Super-Thread-editor

Erik will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by hooligan
sounds good.

any thoughts on including a team coreograpghed event. similar to the stuff the blue angels do. as a spectator ive always thought that **** is cool to see. adds another element of "danger, drama, whatever you want to call it" to the stunt when you have to time it out right and control it. any way, just a thought. space might be a limiting factor, but just my

the rest sounds good
Also like synchronized swimming . Make'm wear lil matching outfits too
Old 10-15-2003, 04:57 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by CruiserErik
Also like synchronized swimming . Make'm wear lil matching outfits too

Man I would pay to see CBO forced to wear a gay little suit like the Euroz.
Seeing how he likes there style so much !!!
SK
Old 10-15-2003, 04:59 PM
Super-Thread-editor

Erik will become famous soon enough

Quick Reply: Introducing The National Stunt Riding Association