Old 10-14-2003, 06:04 PM
TIM
DSR PIMP

TIM is an unknown quantity at this point
thats a pimp site.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:16 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dirty B is an unknown quantity at this point
Just to clear something up, "All motorcycles must be neat and clean in appearance." does not mean that the bikes need to be minty. It means that you should wash your bike and trim your zip ties before you get to the track. Having a nice set of body work and a fresh paint job is not required, but it will make you look better to the fans, sponsors, and media. If you want to get media coverage, it helps if your bike looks good. Scratched up tail sections are expected and streetfighters are also OK.

Also, having a nice looking bike creates another element of danger. Not only can the rider get hurt, but the bike can get hurt as well. The fans are already in suspense watching to see if the rider is going to get hurt, but if the bike looks nice, there is an added level of "danger" because the bike can actually get damaged too.

As of right now, there are no team competitions, only individual. The main reason for this is that I do not feel that there is a way to fairly judge a team competition. When there is more than one rider on the track at the same time, it is impossible for the judges to catch every trick that every rider performs. Therefore there would always be intense debates regarding who should have won. If a system is developed that would solve this problem, then we will consider adding team events in the future. Currently, all of the competitions are individual, meaning one person and one person only. We are going to have some exhibitions throughout the day using teams and tandem riders so if you fall into one of those categories and are interested in performing, contact me at bhand@stuntnsra.com
Old 10-14-2003, 07:04 PM

JACK@SPEEDRAG is an unknown quantity at this point
Dirty B,

Was just talking to Redline Jimmy about the NSRA. Its always good to see people out there trying to take freestyle streetbike to the next level. Look for Speedrag to be there and support you as well. It will be cool to see the NSRA grow into a first class operation.

1000ceecee, you have too much time on your hands. When you gonna give me a call?
Old 10-14-2003, 07:50 PM

YOGURT is an unknown quantity at this point
I think this is what the sport needs.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:01 PM

Corey R SBF is an unknown quantity at this point
HAHA, here are my favorite parts.

Cracked or broken frames are prohibited
VIN must be diplayed on the frame
Tires with cords showing are not prohibited
Fairings must be mounted with at least three seperate points
All motorcycles must be neat and clean in appearance
Excessively baggy pants that could potentially cause an
accident are not permitted.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:14 PM

gixmovistar02 is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome job to all, im psyched...and am looking forward to progression....as im sure the rest of everyone is...

~Movi
Old 10-14-2003, 08:29 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point
this is no joke. that rule book touched base on every question a competitor or facility may have regarding a stunt competition.

Will NSRA functions only be held at race tracks or are there other options such as larger parking facilites or indoor events?

The only thing I disagree with is the streetbikes only thing. I think a scooter or a dual sport in competition would be nice variety and fun to watch.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:35 PM

kirk newcomer is a decent person
what if you miss the nov. event

i'm just starting to ride again after a good fall, if i were to sign up and miss the nov will that be a big deal for 04? and when you say regional what areas are we talking about.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:43 PM

Re: what if you miss the nov. event

Originally posted by Rodg C.C.
this is no joke. that rule book touched base on every question a competitor or facility may have regarding a stunt competition.

Will NSRA functions only be held at race tracks or are there other options such as larger parking facilites or indoor events?

The only thing I disagree with is the streetbikes only thing. I think a scooter or a dual sport in competition would be nice variety and fun to watch.
The regional qualifiers are going to be held at the Gainesville Raceway in Gainesville, FL and Camp Woodward in Pennsylvania and California.

Sorry Rodg, but for now it's streetbikes only.

Originally posted by kirk newcomer
i'm just starting to ride again after a good fall, if i were to sign up and miss the nov will that be a big deal for 04? and when you say regional what areas are we talking about.
If you compete in this November event, you will recieve a national ranking for the 2004 season. If you miss this 1st event, you will not be penalized in the 2004 season, you just won't be ranked yet.

Regions for 2004 = CA, PA, FL
Old 10-14-2003, 09:00 PM
Murder Mitten takeover

Judd is a decent person
That is sh*t man, cant wait to see how everything turns out, also cant wait to get a bike to start riding.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:25 PM

sk8man311 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm reading stuff about ''camp'' woodward in PA...is that the same as the rollerblading and skating camp WOODWARD???
Old 10-14-2003, 09:34 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Looks like all the hard work is finally paying off B. Look foward to seeing what the NSRA can offer the sportbike freestyle community. Great work on the website and layout!
Old 10-14-2003, 09:37 PM

bler is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't get the scoring for 'controlled wheelie/longest stoppie' comp..

there is only a discription of points for each position..

how are people judged.. by the appearance of their controll? weather they can pull something off WHILE still getting the longest time/distance ?!?! or is the only thing judged distance/time and thats it ?

the rule book does not state well HOW you are judged in these classes.. just wondering..

BTW lookin good, and I'm sure it'll only get better with time
Old 10-14-2003, 10:01 PM

underzen is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Dirty B
Just to clear something up, "All motorcycles must be neat and clean in appearance." does not mean that the bikes need to be minty. It means that you should wash your bike and trim your zip ties before you get to the track. Having a nice set of body work and a fresh paint job is not required, but it will make you look better to the fans, sponsors, and media. If you want to get media coverage, it helps if your bike looks good. Scratched up tail sections are expected and streetfighters are also OK.

Also, having a nice looking bike creates another element of danger. Not only can the rider get hurt, but the bike can get hurt as well. The fans are already in suspense watching to see if the rider is going to get hurt, but if the bike looks nice, there is an added level of "danger" because the bike can actually get damaged too.

As of right now, there are no team competitions, only individual. The main reason for this is that I do not feel that there is a way to fairly judge a team competition. When there is more than one rider on the track at the same time, it is impossible for the judges to catch every trick that every rider performs. Therefore there would always be intense debates regarding who should have won. If a system is developed that would solve this problem, then we will consider adding team events in the future. Currently, all of the competitions are individual, meaning one person and one person only. We are going to have some exhibitions throughout the day using teams and tandem riders so if you fall into one of those categories and are interested in performing, contact me at bhand@stuntnsra.com
The site is looks real good. Its easy to navigate and it gets to the point.

I just went to the site a second ago and it was down. WTF, lol PM me if you need some hosting I'll even host it for free cause the idea rocks and the effort is A+

I also agree with the scoring of team events.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:30 PM

I'm not sure why the site is down right now, I contacted our webmaster and let him know the situation.

Yes, the Camp Woodward we are holding the qualifiers at is the same facility that alot of the top pro bmx, skate, and inline athletes live at and train year round. We are really excited about this and I think that anyone else that know what Camp Woodward is about will feel the same way.

The scoring for Controlled Wheelie and Longest Stoppie is purely subjective meaning that there is no judging involved. Longest Stoppie is determined by how far you roll on the front wheelie, Conrolled Wheelie is determined by how long is takes you to travel 300ft on the rear wheel only. The points come into play when calculating the All-Around score.

Let me try and explain this better.

Qualifying: Each rider competes in Longest Stoppie, Controlled Wheelie, Freestyle Burnout, and Xtreme Freestyle(2min). Riders will get a score in each event based on a 100 point scale. The 4 scores will be averaged together to get an All-Around score. The top 15 riders based on their All-Around score will advance to the Final round.

Finals: All riders' scores will be reset. Each rider will compete in Longest Stoppie, Xtreme Freestyle (3min), and Sickest Trick. Once again, the riders will get a score in each event based on a 100 point scale. The 3 scores will be averaged together to determine the final ranking.

Hopefully that will help clear things up. I understand that this is something completely new and that there is going to be some confusion. Feel free to continue asking questions.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:47 PM
is a squid

BIG-D is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Corey R SBF
......Excessively baggy pants that could potentially cause an
accident are not permitted.
Damn CBO, what you gonna do?
Old 10-14-2003, 11:21 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person
Im confused.....

Qualifying: Each rider competes in Longest Stoppie, Controlled Wheelie, Freestyle Burnout, and Xtreme Freestyle(2min). Riders will get a score in each event based on a 100 point scale. The 4 scores will be averaged together to get an All-Around score. The top 15 riders based on their All-Around score will advance to the Final round.

Finals: All riders' scores will be reset. Each rider will compete in Longest Stoppie, Xtreme Freestyle (3min), and Sickest Trick. Once again, the riders will get a score in each event based on a 100 point scale. The 3 scores will be averaged together to determine the final ranking.

Different classes in qualifying then Finals ???
Old 10-14-2003, 11:25 PM

-Eric- is an unknown quantity at this point
i love it. it gives the small fish (myself) in a constantly increasing pond something to shoot for. the '05 qualifier is gonna be out of hand....better make sure there is contact info cause the mainstream will be jumping on board like nobody's business...mad props to everybody behind this.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:28 PM

Dan, the finals are different than qualifying. Same class (pro), just different events.

The reason for this is to keep it exciting for the spectators. What are the 3 most exciting events? Sickest Trick, Freestyle, and Longest Stoppie. So, take the best riders (determined in qualifying) and have them compete against each other in the most crowd entertaining events, results should be for one hell of a show for the crowd, and some serious bragging rights for the riders.

Quick Reply: Introducing The National Stunt Riding Association