Govnt Trying to add intranet sales tax

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 09:09 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

StuntRagz Chris is an unknown quantity at this point
Govnt Trying to add intranet sales tax

i rcvd this email. i felt some may be interested....

Call to Action: Halt Legislation Threatening Remote Sales Tax!
More and more eBay users like yourself are being targeted by governments as a fertile ground for new regulations and tax burdens. Currently, there is a very real threat that legislation in your state will require eBay sellers to collect, file, and remit sales taxes on every eBay transaction.

Because of a Supreme Court decision in 1992, eBay sellers are currently not required to collect out-of-state sales taxes. That may change with legislation being proposed in Congress and state legislatures around the country to force tax collection and remittance burdens upon you. This is in part driven by the need of cash-strapped states to secure additional tax sources.

As you know, the SST legislation came very close to being enacted in the Legislature's last Regular Session. Thanks to the efforts of a few key legislators, especially House Speaker Johnnie Byrd, this proposal was not adopted. We need your help to support Speaker Byrd and to help him fight against the legislation next year.

What can you do? Start by clicking here
http://www.ebay.com/sellercentral/publicpolicy.html
to get more information about this threat and how it might impact you. Then follow instructions to join our friends at NetChoice in sending a note to your state and Congressional representatives. NetChoice is a coalition of individuals, companies and trade associations dedicated to protecting your ability to buy and sell online.

Your continued success as Internet entrepreneurs in part depends upon the outcome of this issue. Please do not pass up this opportunity to have your voice heard by your elected representatives.

Tod H. Cohen
Associate General Counsel
Global Policy, eBay
Old 10-09-2003, 09:45 AM

kc50 is an unknown quantity at this point
that sucks
Old 10-09-2003, 09:51 AM

2k2954 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is total It is nothing more than taxation without representation. Why the hell would I want to pay taxes in say California when I dont use their roads, Govt, etc. I know that Our Governer Bill Owens is fighting that and I beleive it is up to the indivdual states and he has promiced not to enforce those laws in Colorado but we will see.

Everyone should get in on voicing our oppinion about this and send out requests to everyone we know to do the same.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:16 AM

gixxerboy6 is an unknown quantity at this point
If the government could create a reasonable budget and keep it like any other company operates then there would be more money for everyone. Instead they **** money like they could care less.

I just read on Pentagon equipment that was purchased for millions and millions and was auctioned off TO OTHER COUNTRIES FOR 3% of its initial cost. That means we payed for 100% for other countries military equipment, and our government's too. Our government kept the 3 percent they sold it for and had the same budget the following year. So we bought our country and multiple other countries military systems.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:18 AM

gixxerboy6 is an unknown quantity at this point
The fed/state governments all have more than enough money to work with, the problem is that they do not know how to develop/maintain a stable budget and cut costs. They just say we need more money.

I never support any tax increase, unless it is local and then your property value may benefit from better schools,etc.